Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Official Episode Discussion: Significant Others 5x10 (Jan 7)

wildhoney66

[41]Jan 9, 2013
    • level: 13

who knows my friend, it wouldn't surprise me one bit. he he. now that i think about it, it does do that to me sometimes my puter i mean has me double post. and it's not just here. i dunno i get impatient when it won't go through and really can ya blame me? it sometimes can even be my connection as well. i dunno jack about this kind of stuff let me add so i'm just guessing.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BarryWeen3

[42]Jan 10, 2013
    • level: 14

I learned the first time when it looked like my submission wasn't going through, it actually was, and so ended up with a double post. So nowadays I tend to give the site the benefit of the doubt and assume my post goes through and the site is just hiccuping for some reason and I wait awhile and reload the page and sure enough, it posts....very weird...

matthewgiven3

[43]Jan 10, 2013
    • level: 4

That same thing happens to me quite a bit. Believe me there is nothiong more madding then getting to the good part of a story and being unable to write it down Oh and it seems Castle did pretty well at the PCA last night!

BarryWeen3

[45]Jan 10, 2013
    • level: 14

Cool! Good to hear as I didn't have a chance to see it and didn't know the PCA was on and so didn't TiVo it either...

matthewgiven3

[46]Jan 11, 2013

NF won favorite dramatic star and Castle won best crime show. SK didn't win and I am kind of sad about that because I think she has earned it but you can't have everything.

wildhoney66

[47]Jan 11, 2013

i didn't watch it either. i wish i had tivod it but i honestly didn't think about it. as for NF winning NICE! it is a shame that SK doesn't win she i think is VERY underated as an actress. so is Emily D. on "Bones' to be honest her sister gets all the credit for that terrible comedy yet Emily D. doesn't ever get nominated! and yet her sister won after doing only 1 season of a crap show! bones is now on season 8 and nada. how is that fair either?

anyways i kinda wish i had watched it.

matthewgiven3

[48]Jan 13, 2013

Did anyone else notice that now that Castle and Beckett are dating Ryan and Espo seem to have switched sides? Before they were always on Beckett's side but now they seem to have switched to standing by their friend. I love the way Espo grabbed Castle and said "Meredith know things about you!". That makes me laugh every time I see it.

wildhoney66

[49]Jan 13, 2013

i really hadn't thought of that to be honest. but you are right, and i don't think they so much switched sides it's i think more to do with they think he's good for her and they see the change in her now that she's dating Castle. plus they also don't want to get in the middle of whatever they fight about. or be forced to choose sides. and let's face it Castle was idiot to let his ex stay there to begin with. and them making rick realize how stupid he is for doing something stupid is also us fans going the same thing. so as us fans were going you are an idiot Rick for letting that happen so was the guys.

plus it's for good comedy as well. that's my take on it anyways.

matthewgiven3

[50]Jan 13, 2013

Yeah I think you are right. I think like the companions on Doctor Who Ryan and Espo were standing in for the viewers. Oh and am I the only one who got the feeling that if P.G.Wodehouse was alive to day this episode would be the sort of thing he would be writing. Castle came off quite a bit like Bertie Wooster. I could picture him just off screen saying "Jeeves this is all getting a bit thick."

TesserT

[51]Jan 14, 2013
    • level: 75
    wildhoney66 wrote:

sorry for the posting the same thing 3 times my computer wasn't working for this page for some reason. i dunno if it was the site or my computer. i just wanted to let ya know that's all

I deleted the duplicate messages. You can delete duplicates in the future by using the "select an action below" box.
    Tesser, editor/moderator for Castle forum

wildhoney66

[52]Jan 16, 2013

thanxs for the info about that. and for deleting my posts. who's that writer? i've never heard of him actually.

matthewgiven3

[53]Jan 17, 2013

P.G.Wodehouse was the writer of the Bertie and Jeeves stories. He wrote them for almost 70 years and they pretty much created the rules every sitcom and screwball comedy plays by. He was also the best. His stories focused on wealthy man about town Bertie Wooster and the problems he would get himself into with his friends and his girlfriends. When Bertie would get himself into trouble because of his own stupidity it was up to Jeeves his gentleman's gentleman to get him out of trouble with out violating his code. His stories had titles like The code of the Woosters and Thank you Jeeves. This episode was the exact sort of problem Bertie Wooster would get himself into. In one of the books Bertie got engaged to two woman neither of whom he had proposed to but they both thought he had so it was up to Jeeves to find a way to get him out of the fix with out hurting either of their feelings.

You should look up P.G.Wodehouse in wikipeadia,and see if your library has any of his books. Also check out the early 90s ITV series Jeeves and Wooster that adapted the books for TV. It stared Steven Fry and Hugh Laurie years before he was on House. It had perfect casting and was very well shot.

It is all well worth checking out. P.G.Wodehouse was for my money the best writer of comedy who ever lived. If you enjoyed episodes like this one chances are you will really enjoy his work in both book and television form.

wildhoney66

[54]Jan 17, 2013

well i do love stephen fry and Hugh Laurie. the show i've actually never seen to be honest, but i think i may recall someone talk about it on some other site maybe., either way it sounds like a good cast.

matthewgiven3

[55]Jan 18, 2013

Oh it was. I can't read the books with out picturing them in it and watching the show as a kid made me a huge fan of both of them. If you can find Jeeves and Wooster it is well worth checking out. It was aired over here as part of Masterpiece theater so you can sometimes find it in local libraries as well as on Netflix. It really was a great series that stayed true to the books.