Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Official Episode Discussion: Still 5x22 (Apr 29)

TesserT

[1]Apr 28, 2013
    • level: 75
    Please use this thread to discuss episode Still. Enjoy!

From ABC.go.com: When Beckett steps on a pressure-sensitive bomb, the team searches for a way to save her while Castle distracts her by talking about their relationship.

ABC Episode Photos
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JonathonWolf

[2]Apr 29, 2013
    • level: 10

That was a pretty good use of a clip show; it didn't feel like they were saving budget or filling time. I was also thinking about some of the stuff they had talked about with their relationship as they got up to Gates' reveal at the end. It'll be fun watching the season again with that knowledge.

wildhoney66

[3]Apr 29, 2013
    • level: 13

1stly i've got a remark on last weeks' show and yes it ties in with this episode. many people here seemed to hate it. but i enjoyed the hell out of it. and i never took Castle's atitude way of thinking Kate will cheat on him. i thought of it as he used to be a womanizer himself and he cleary saw right through that rich guy. and he knew that he would try something. and he did try something. and it may have been out of character for kate to say who she was dating. but also as andrew marlowe says they've been together a year now. and they are both questioning where they are from what he says. and tonights episode i freaking LOVED IT! yes it was somewhat of a clip show but it was great. it wasn't a full on clip show like

on how the show Taxi ended where the last 2 episodes are the best of the show with the star of the show hosting. it was written into the story.

and i loved gates at the end. and him freaking out in last weeks episode i wondered why she didn't question him about why is he freaking out?

apparently she knew all along. well that's not news but if you really think about it she's a cop and if she paid any attention to them at all you could no doubt tell they are now dating. and as for castle taking her for granted in last weeks episode i dunno i thought that was odd too to be fair. either way it for me was a great episode.

JonathonWolf

[4]Apr 29, 2013
    Overall, I think this episode works better following the last episode. Even if you assume a couple months have gone by, it's hard to believe that Castle would go from almost losing Beckett to not being sure if he should pick the game or the girl. The opening of this episode has a better flow of him trying to be more proactive and appreciative of her. You can even look at Gates turning a blind eye to Castle's antics as more of her plausible deniability.

wildhoney66

[5]Apr 29, 2013

well actually i do agree with you on that. it i agree is odd that in one episode he'd be by her side. and in the next one ignore her? it is odd i am curious why they wrote it that way?

W-Coyote25

[6]Apr 30, 2013
    • level: 6

the actual way they broadcast makes more sense this way. Unfortunately if they meant this to be before ep 21 it means the writers want Beckett to be unsure of the direction of therelationship even after he risked his life with her in this ep. If ep 22 was 21 and 21 was supposed to be 22 it doesn't make a lot of sense and we are heading for trouble in the relationship or at least a lot of tension

wildhoney66

[7]Apr 30, 2013

from what i've read about these last episodes that's the intention. and i'll put it this way they've been together a year. and it's more so a where do we go next route. it's not at least this is how i take it anyways, it's not have i made a mistake. it's we've been together a year now where are we now? which is realistic i think. both of them are going to be thinking this. that doesn't mean they are going to get broken up. it just means that

they my guess are thinking of do we take it to the next level? at least this is how i view it anyways. and if you watch the episodes in the order they were supposes to air. i don't think it has anything to do with he's there for me he stood by my side when i thought i was going to die by that bomb. she knows he is there for her and he knows that too about her.

this is how i view it anyways. now i dunno which way it's going to turn out mind you. i'm just going by my own way of thinking that's all.

CrazyAsian1080

[8]Apr 30, 2013
    • level: 7

W-Coyote25 wrote:

the actual way they broadcast makes more sense this way. Unfortunately if they meant this to be before ep 21 it means the writers want Beckett to be unsure of the direction of therelationship even after he risked his life with her in this ep. If ep 22 was 21 and 21 was supposed to be 22 it doesn't make a lot of sense and we are heading for trouble in the relationship or at least a lot of tension

The writers have been trying to build tension in the relationship for quite awhile now. There has been at least 3, 4, 5 episodes where you see Becket wondering if they will work or why they work or where they are going or realizing she doesn't really know anything about Castle or realizing Castle isn't the most open person etc...

Canada_Michael

[9]Apr 30, 2013

IMO the fake tension that shows create, when the leads are about to or have become a couple, gets old really fast. Castle stayed with Beckett and risked his life, not even caring about how his mom and daughter would feel if something happened to him. If Kate doesn't see that as a commitment & still has doubts then what else can Castle do to make her feel secure? If they got married right now Kate's doubts wouldn't magically disappear, & her inability to ask questions would remain. IMO the questions she wants to ask aren't even tough ones to ask. Tell me about your previous marriages, your childhood, where you see us in the future etc. should be easy to ask over the span of a year. I don't think the Kate we've come to know would have any problem asking for the answers she needs.

Edited on 04/30/2013 10:04pm

wildhoney66

[10]May 1, 2013

true but knowing that Castle is a guy who as it's been shown he doesn't reveal much about himself. yes he's slowly opened up more as the years go on. but the thing is i think this, does she need to ask him this yes she does no doubt. but the thing is the way castle is he may be comfy the way things are right now. i don't think he's afraid of commitment since he's been married 2 times. but keep in mind that those did fail and though we know 1 of them was cause she cheated on him. we don't know why him and Gina i don't think didn't work out.

he may be afraid of losing if he does commit to her. and i don't me not cheat on her. i mean at some point getting married, since his 1st two marriages didn't last we also don't know how long they did last. that i am curious about as well. he may be afraid of losing her if he does commit in his mind i mean. he may just be a guy who while if he is afraid of commitment well NOW that is. it's cause of his various relationships and them failing. well his marriages and the serious ones i mean. the next level would i'm guessing maybe be them moving in together? in short he's got baggage. and also keep in mind that she does as well. yes he's no doubt had more relationships than her.

she was so cooped up in her own little world trying fo find her mothers killer for so many years. that even though she's more in the world per say than she used to be since they got together. she also has her demons as well. they both do in short. so i don't think the questions are is he a good guy for her and is she good enough for him? those are ones we know the answers too. and they do as well. the show is being realistic i think cause all relationships have this. the man or women each think to themselves at some point is this relationship worth keeping? and all the hard questions. we know that Castle and Kate are meant for each other and they pretty much know it too. but it's the hard questions they are asking themselves. and while no doubt kate will be mature about it, my hope is castle will be as well. this is just my way of looking at it anyways.

i don't think the questions have anything to do with how much he is there for her. or vice versa. they both know that. this is just my guess anyways.

LindaGiza

[11]May 5, 2013
    • level: 1
    Agreed

NiallB31

[12]Jun 17, 2013
    • level: 8

If not the best this season, the best episode of Castle to date. STILL, even though somewhat of a clip show really shows the evolution of Caskett and everything in their journey up to this point. Loved the clips and if I were to recommend a Castle episode to watch this is the one. It has everything, from Danger, to the out there suspects of Castle to the evolution of Kate's hair!!!