Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Official Episode Discussion: The Fast and the Furriest 5x20 (Apr 15)

TesserT

[1]Apr 13, 2013
    • level: 77
    Please use this thread to discuss episode The Fast and the Furriest.

From ABC.go.com: Beckett and Castle discover giant footprints at the site of a vicious murder, leading the team to wonder if Bigfoot is the killer.

Check out the sneak peak videos over at ABC.com: Life Can Surprise Ya! One Gigantic Mystery!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wildhoney66

[2]Apr 16, 2013
    • level: 13

great episode and it really breaks my heart that this season is damn near over.

wildhoney66

[3]Apr 20, 2013

did anyone here see that monday nights episode where Beckett is standing on a bomb is going to be on next week instead of this up and coming monday? cause of the boston bombing? that's just plain stupid. if it was like an episode where the lead clearly dies in an explosion ok i get that. but since she's no doubt just going to be standing on it, why change the date?

this always pisses me off most of the time cause a LOT of the time when something bad happens in the world they change the air date or just not air it at all if a shooting or a bombing happens to be a tiny bit similar. now if the episode had the same thing happen or something close to it ok i do understand that. like when the school shooting happend in (1999) and the episode was a bit close to that. ok i can understand that.

but if it's just by the looks of it just the lead who will no doubt survive than i don't see the big deal. if the episode contains a LOT of people dying from a bomb that would be different. unless this episode does contain that than my opinion will change. but a LOT of the time the change of air date is NOT needed.

JonathonWolf

[4]Apr 20, 2013
    • level: 10
    While it is an overreaction, I can't really blame them; they are doing it out of sensitivity to the victims. If they did go through with it, some moral guardian with too much time on their hands would complain; and the news would pick up the story to sensationalize it. It's less problematic for them to simply push it back a week than to deal with the fallout from ridiculous bad publicity. People will find ways to get offended some times. Though, I wish I didn't have to wait another week for it even if it is pretty much a clip episode. I can see the argument they will be having being absolutely hilarious. I also wonder if there will be any kind of issues since the scenario seems to be that they will be doing this while the bomb team is working. The won't know the relationship is a secret and might start talking about it. Eventually, the gossip will find its way to Gates.

wildhoney66

[5]Apr 21, 2013

oh i know that it's cause they don't want some house wife or whoever complain about it. by the way i wasn't complaining about all house wives if there are any these days. i was thinking about the rating system that we now have for music. the Parental Advisery that we were forced to have when at a time we honestly didn't need it!

now today's music ok i can understand it being used. but in the oh the 80's. i don't think it needed to be used at all. the music other than a few rap groups was pretty clean. yes sex was hinted at in the music but it wasn't as dirty as say today's music. sorry for going off topic my point is that was someone with to much time on their hands so that's how we got the parental advisery. sticker.

anyways. as for tv. i read recently now get this i haven't read all of it. but if i read what i read that's right the FCC is being more now get this is soon to be letting the heavy swear words on tv! no not HBO channels like NBC and i'd post them here but it's the F word of the S word. this site would no doubt bleep me but you know what i'm talking about either way. and full female nudity will be allowed on tv as well!

and it will be during the hour kids are awake too! if what i read is true. now i wouldn't mind that but i do think having an episode of say GLEE or whatever show have all that during hours young kids are awake is a bit much. i forget where i found that link where i was reading this. but i didn't read all of it. so i don't remember if it said they have to get this passed by going to the senate or not. i just know that this stuff is new!

my guess the swearing shows will do. but the nudity part only some will do if this does happen. shows like well hart of dixie maybe?

drama's. i dunno this is just guessing. anyways as for Castle that would maybe be a show? CSI the home show in the season 2 or season 3 showed a naked woman already and nobody said anything as far as i know. yes it was a dead body but still!

anyways as for the switching of episodes, i don't think it'll be a clip show it will be the episode that follows the bomb episode called "STILL" i think? so instead of the 21fst episode of season 5 airing it'll be the 22nd episode airing instead.

and i do understand they want to be understanding to the victims don't get me wrong. but it depends on what's in the episode. i read now get this, the episode of Glee which is a show i can't stand by the way. i read a summary of the episode that caused all the trouble

and when i read it i went WTF? it was made i'm guessing by someone with too much time on their hands. kinda like in Doctor Who in the 70's we had Mary Whitehouse or whatever her name was she complained about how to much violence was in the show. which was total BS cause

yes those seasons were more violent but the ratings hmm were up. and the producer got fired for making it to dark. and the ratings never got that high again. it was about a serial called 'the deadly assassin' and the cliff-hanger was the doctor being forced underwater the old crone

said it would give kids nightmares. honestly stuff like that never did when i was a kid. her claim was kids wouldn't stop thinking about it until the next episode airs. well that's how cliff-hangers work you can't stop thinking about it until it airs. i doubt any kid had any nightmares about it.

to be honest. my point is people can react over the stupidiest things. yes like is said i get why they are switching air dates for Castle.

but sometimes it's not needed cause of what's in the episode. yes sometimes it is but not always. well sorry about my ramblings folks.