TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Official Episode Discussion: Undead Again 4x22 (Apr 30)

TesserT

[1]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 79
    Please discuss Monday's episode Undead Again here. Enjoy!

from ABC.go.com: When Castle and Beckett investigate the murder of a man with human bite marks on his body, Castle's wild theories start flying. But none are as wild as what their only witness insists happened – a Zombie attack.

Check out the promo over at ABC.com There are no zombies. Castle call for backup!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BarryWeen3

[2]Apr 30, 2012
    • level: 14

Yeah, Castle is back after a week hiatus for the final two episodes of the season and that sneak peek of tonight's episode is hilarious.

wildhoney66

[3]Apr 30, 2012
    • level: 13

actually it was the 1st time this season i didn't see them air the previews NOT once! i'm not saying they didn't. but it's funny how i missed them air it at least once. also FINALLY Martha mentions him being an ass. & by his response it to me sounded like he actually hadn't thought about it.

anyways a great episode with them talking about it. even though they didn't talk at legnth about it but to be fair i did like that he did bring it up. & i think she did understand finally why he was acting the way he was. & since it was at the station that's what i meant by them not talking about it more. anways FINALLY he found out why she lied to him. we as an audience knew she wasn't ready. but he didn't know.

anyways great episode.

BarryWeen3

[4]May 1, 2012

"Is there a police code for zombie on the loose?" Bwaa-hah-hah!!

Enjoyable episode. Felt like the old team. Nice Alexis and Castle and Martha and Castle moments. Loved the zombie walk.

The whole Kyle as zombie waking up in the morgue scene was great.

The preview for the season finale looks great too.

JonathonWolf

[5]May 1, 2012
    • level: 10

This episode did wrap up the tension between Castle and Beckett. Interesting that their most honest talk with each other was also their most veiled. I think Castle also realized how much he means to Det. Ryan and Esposito when Ryan mentioned how glad he was things were back to normal. The trailer for next week looks like there's going to be a definite conclusion to the UST between our heroes. So, that'll be interesting. Glad we don't have to wait longer than normal for it.

Nat6386

[6]May 1, 2012
    OMG FINALLY! i mean although it was masked and veiled, Castle basically told beckett he knows she remembers and Kate told Castle the wall from the BEGINNING of the season was coming down and i loved castle comment 'I want to be there when it does' It made me so happy!!!i mean finally they had the conversation where they are on the same page, I watched in online so i didnt see next weeks preview, I hope its great, but I think we are still forgetting that castle HAS A HUGE SECRET that he isnt telling kate....I think that may come out in the season finale...

Nat6386

[8]May 1, 2012
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

"Is there a police code for zombie on the loose?" Bwaa-hah-hah!!

I laughed so much when he said that!

wildhoney66

[9]May 1, 2012

well in next weeks previews he said he loved her. & it didn't look like it was at a scene where she's shot. yes i do believe he is going to be 100% honest with her about that. from the previews he says to her that they will kill her. in the previews it didn't show them fight at all about it. i wonder if a poker game will happen? with the usual suspects. hence his writer friends.

well yes it was great that he did listen to Martha & tell her why he's been acting the way he has. & in his own way he did her. which she picked up as well. & it may have been veiled but i can live with that. i do believe he was honestly surprised by Ryan's remark about him & Beckett getting along. & it was an episode where if ya recall he said he was only going to do one more case. those scenes with him & his family were great.

it was more than usual actually. & martha always says follow your heart. & Castle is finally picking up on that. i LOVED LOVED LOVED how martha told him he's pretty much being an ass. & we have all been waiting for SOMEONE anyone to say something to him about the way he's been acting.

the only thing that was missing was "Lanie" i think she was BADLY needed for this episode. while i don't mind the other dude. he's a weird guy.

but when it comes to episodes like this, Lanie is NEEDED! i've got one question where the hell is "Gates" ? i know "Montgomery" wasn't in every episode but he was in the show more than she's been. hey i'm NOT complaining. i don't like the character i just find it odd that's all.

i am curious about one thing, i know Castle does more stuff with "Beckett" going to the movies & stuff like that. i wonder how often he goes out with the guys? i know they sometimes go out for a beer after work. i just wonder that's all. although i DID LOVE the scene where one of the guys i forget which one asked him do you really believe any of this stuff? meaning the zombies. he goes no but i love to drive her crazy. that's when he made that remark about about how they are talking again. so that was prolly Ryan.

funny thing is that when Castle was that zombie. since he had all that make-up on it really didn't occur to me that was indeed Castle. i know who else would it be. i just didn't think about it that's all. my next question for you guys & gals. for those who were being pissed at the show,

for the time being at least is it restored?

JonathonWolf

[10]May 1, 2012
    wildhoney66 wrote:

well in next weeks previews he said he loved her. & it didn't look like it was at a scene where she's shot. yes i do believe he is going to be 100% honest with her about that. from the previews he says to her that they will kill her. in the previews it didn't show them fight at all about it. i wonder if a poker game will happen? with the usual suspects. hence his writer friends.

There's also the snippet of someone knocking on Castle's door, and he opens it to find a drenched Beckett that immediately rushes at him into what appears to be a kiss. And someone turning in their badge and gun. I think they showed that it was Beckett, but that might have been implied. Way too many scenes strongly hinting at them getting together to be a fake-out.

wildhoney66

[11]May 1, 2012

i must have missed that part. i just got the latest issue of tv guide & in it they have an article on the finale. just a small one. and in it he tells her i guess the truth on what he's been keeping from her. by the article there will be them, by the way i took it them fighting some about it. cause

he by the way i read it does all he can to keep her safe. even going as far as keeping key evidence from her! according the article. that dude comes back that she threw in jail last season. if i remember the name right. i looked it up. & it's cole maddox. i guess it starts out where "Montgomery's Widow house gets broken into. & "Beckett" catches the case & that's where all hell breaks loose. using my words. but yes "Castle" is going to try his damndest to try to keep her off the case. so my guess is that it won't be until near the end until their talk happens maybe? or if they kiss than that. that's just a guess of course on my part.

i got all this like i said from tv guide.

welnoc

[12]May 2, 2012
    • level: 9

I laughed out loud more than once and jumped at the morgue scene. This was the Castle I expect to see. Two thumbs up.

I also loved their conversation at the end, it suited the two of them perfectly.

I guess it's good that Alexis has decided to go to Columbia but I think there could have been a lot of humour in her attending Oxford.

wildhoney66

[13]May 2, 2012

my guess is that the writers considered that, but being a guy like "Castle" who can't stand that much distance from his daughter. like any good parent. since the actress as i think i said here in the past isn't going off to college in real life. at least as far as i know. they are keeping her in New York. which is i think smart. cause i also love those scenes as well.

i mean hell on 'Buffy" they kept her in Sunnydale by having her go to the college in "Sunnydale' & pretty much the rest of the gang as well.

i know the character of Buffy prolly coudln't leave cause of the 'hellmouth" my point is they gave the characters choices as well.

that was my point. that was the only show that i could think of at the top of my head that's why i mention "Buffy" ya know funny thing is going back to the show i didn't actually jump when the body came back to life. i didn't expect it but i didn't jump. my guess is that i've seen so many horror films that i've i dunno gotten used to watching things jump out at you. even though in some films or tv shows i every once in awhile DO jump. anyways, i am glad though they had 'Castle & Beckett" make up in one episode yes they had a couple episodes where they pretty much weren't talking to each other. but they at least had them make up before the finale.

this is a season that i think has been a good one. though they really didn't do much season wise with the storyline of "Kate's' mothers murder. they did in the premire & in the finale. my guess is that since one of the main important things was for castle to pretty much grow up at least somewhat. i forget the term somewhat. maybe they did it this way so when castle does tell her about it, he can do so & give good reasons for it. & at the same time be mature enough to tell her why he did it. & her to accept it perhaps? i'm not denying they won't be fighting about it

i'm sure they will. but if they by the looks of it at this time, going to get them together. they wanted him to be ready to tell her this. & for her to be emotionally/ mentally & physically ready for this kind of info. & not give us another one of those season enders where she's pissed at him for hidding all this from her. as in the tv guide article stated for once they with the feelings will be on the same page.

& by the end of the episode each will know how each other feels. so if that was the idea i can live with that. i like the idea to have castle mature. & if they are going to get them together. which i hope they do. they don't want all this being a secret from Beckett' & by they i just mean the writers. i like the idea of "Castle" telling her about it, not having her find out from anyone else.

as "Andrew Marlowe" said it was a season of secrets. & it i think worked. but one of the flaws that was this season was the character 'Gates"

i just don't like her. i loved the fact that "Montgomery" was one of the gang & he could be an ass like any boss. but he also went out with a beer with them at the end of the day as well. what do you think?

JonathonWolf

[14]May 3, 2012

Gates has been okay. The problem is that she's been set up as this kind of obstacle to Castle and little more. We've had a few glimpses into how much deeper of a character she is, but they were little more than reminders that she's not a background character. What she really needed was an episode that focused on her more, maybe working closely on a case with the team. Montgomery has the benefit of getting fleshed out over three seasons, and Gates hasn't had enough interactions to be anything more to the audience than a replacement goldfish.

kennyljs

[15]May 5, 2012
    • level: 26
    Well, the WALL is going to fall.......

Yeah right..... I will believe it only when I see it Beckett. ......

wildhoney66

[16]May 6, 2012

there's a clip online that i saw last night actually. & i was drooling for more! he he. in the scene that i saw. it's on EW i think? i forget what website i saw it on. it was a link from IMDB news mind you. so check there. anyways. the clip was "Castle" trying to what looks like my guess Beckett's apartment. i wasn't paying attention to the background mind you.

& he's pretty much begging her to stop working on the case. & he flat out tells her he knows that she remembers everything. it wasn't in anger either. let me add. & he also flat out told her he loves her. yea there was a bit more in conversing it was a clip that was like a minute & a half mind you. but it got me excited for Monday nights finale. by the way the scene it took place in, it was just the two of the alone together. no gun shots or anything like that. well check the clip out. & you will see for your self. i left a bit out of course. i also read an interview with andrew marlowe & he pretty much said that there will be closure on the case. but the case won't be finished. at least that's what i think he said?

but what i DO recall this, he also said that on the way it ends. people will be waiting for the premire of season 5. & it isn't going to take place 3 months later like it normally does cause people will want to know what happens next. it will start right back up where it was left off. so that's a plus. unlike in season 1 for example where he tells Beckett about what he found out. & the 2nd season to me feels like it was 3 or 4 months later.

yes we know what he was going to tell her, but we also wanted to see what her reaction was at that moment. not have it start off somewhere else. here's a suggestion though, for those who want to get their fix after the finale airs. if you don't own the series on dvd. go out & buy that. & check out the audio commentary they are great. i've been listening to those. i'm done watching season 1. & i believe season 2 as well. now i just have to watch all the ones on season 3. i own all 3 on dvd

BarryWeen3

[17]May 18, 2012

Rewatched the episode, because it was so funny.

Besides the "What's the police code for zombie on the loose?" line, I didn't notice it the first time, but after the team views the video footage that shows the "zombie", Castle walks out yelling "It was a zombie! Zombie!" and then high-fivesa random cop.

Also Castle creeping out Espisito near the end by using that creepy zombie voice, hilarious.

wildhoney66

[18]May 26, 2012

if you look up some of people's comments about that episode some thought it was terrible apparently. personally i LOVED IT! it was the perfect mixture of having "Castle & Alexis" go through the motions & also had the humor as well. the make-up was great too. you didn't notice him asking the code for a zombie? that was too damn funny my friend. even the coroner was great in this one. i forget his name sorry. since he's not in it that much it's mainly Lainie most of the time.

i also loved that he scared the crap out of Alexis as well. there was so many good moments in this one it's NOT even funny. i do hope that they have Alexis in the show a good deal too. i realize that she'll be at College i'm sure. but still. what was also nice & realistic at least was him not promising to stay clear of her. but saying he will try to not embarrass her. that's more realistic i think when it comes to Castle.

BarryWeen3

[19]May 26, 2012

I typed my sentence wrong.

I did notice Castle saying "What's the police code for zombie on the loose?" when I first watched the episode. What I didn't notice the first time around was Castle high-fiving a random cop as he walks out of the room yelling "It's a zombie! Zombie!",after the team watches the surviellancevideo of the "zombie".

The other ME that appears is Perlmutter (don't know if I spelled that correctly).

wildhoney66

[20]May 27, 2012

they had it on this site on a page for awhile. it's easily one of the best parts of that episode. i have no idea if you have his name spelled right either. i also loved how the body came back to life. i didn't jump cause i knew it was coming. i was just curious how they would react to it.