Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

So what do you think will happen in the season five final?

matthewgiven3

[1]Apr 6, 2013
    • level: 4

So on a scale of one to ten with one being happy news like Bracken finally going away and ten being completely depressing with someone dying,going to jail,or Castle and Beckett breaking up where do you think the season five final is going to fall.

Myself? I have sinking feeling that everything that has gone right this past year was just a build up to a ten where everything will go wrong and there will be no hope left for Castle and Beckett going into season six. I am pretty sure someone is going to die and there is either going to be a break up or one of them is going to jail. I am not sure I am going to be able to take the final episode of season five.

Sorry I know it means I am a bad person but I just don't think I will be able to handle it. I think my problem right now is that I am dealing with manic depression in real life and I don't have my meds right now so I when I watch Tv or listen to music it's to lift my spirits so while I can stand some suspense drawn out depressing plot lines that I don't know the out come of leave me feeling off. At this point in my life I just can't take it. I need to focus on happy things. If Castle turns depressing again like seasons 3 and 4 then I don't think I will be able to go on watching. Sorry and good luck to everyone working on the show and everyone watching but I just can't take another depressing plot line right now.

What do you think is going to happen in the final episode of this season?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wildhoney66

[2]Apr 7, 2013
    • level: 13

did you forget again to take your meds? andrew Marlow and his wife have both said that since they are together they are keeping them that way. they aren't going to do the break them up and the will they or wont' they thing of when will they get back together? it's been done to death as you know. and he's sick of shows doing it and he knows fans are sick of shows doing it as well.

honestly i am not sure about someone dying, but i can just guess that if Bracken does go to jail at some point it isn't going to be until the series finale. my guess something will like you said happen something BIG and kate will have to go to bracken to collect on that favor he said he owes her for saving his life. now i dunno what that's going to be mind you this is just guesswork.

what you need to do is go on some meds or something man cause bad stuff happens in life all the time that you don't have control over.

and in tv shows it's written to cause drama that's what makes good tv. i'd hate to see you watch the show 'Dallas' where someone is always backstabbing someone. either version of the show. with Castle we get a little bit of both, we get the light humor that we all love of course, than

we get the serious episodes that i also love cause it shows the characters more humane and it can give the actors their acting muscles to stretch. cause that's what actors like to do. if you take the show "law & order' the home show as much as i love that show as well the actors on it as much as they loved being on the show when they were they had to face the fact that not much character devlopement goes on in that show and

it would drive them nuts. in fact some of them left because of that. even though they knew beforehand that show is like that.

they were fine with it for a number of years and at some point it ended up being the reason the leave the same show. i don't blame them to be honest. so on a show like Castle where we have to see these chracters grow it helps keep the actors on the show i think.

and having these serious episodes really help them because if Castle stayed the same guy he was in the 1st episode of the series Kate would NOT date him nor would i blame her either. and it's really hard to have the episodes be light and fun and to keep viewers if they don't add drama as well. castle never has been a ratings winner i don't think but it's rating are i think pretty good for the show at the moment.

also without these drama episodes Kate would than just i'm sure see from a viwers point of view that he doesn't take anything seriously. well cept his daughter of course. and because of these drama filled episodes we sometimes get look how much Rick has grown because of it. he's changed a LOT since season 1. for one he doesn't show off anymore that he knows all these people and yes it was funny him doing that. i'm glad he doesn't do that anymore. he doesn't have to impress them anymore either.

matthewgiven3

[3]Apr 9, 2013
    • level: 4

I'm sorry but right now because of price I can't get my meds so more depressed then normal and that is why I hate these depressing plot lines on TV. Castle is one of those things I use to cheer myself up when I am feeling down so I just can't get into it being depressing and I sure don't like how Beckett was treating Bracken like he was her best friend and crying over the thought of him dying at the end of Recoil. That Tells me Bracken is going to become one of the stars of the show and is never going to pay for his crimes and that just depresses me too.

Sorry but I am a writer as a hobby(have been since I was a kid)so i tend to get involved with characters and stories more then a lot of people I guess.

Let me make this clear I do not mean this in a negative way about Marlowe but I love him for creating the show but I like the work of other writers better. It's like Terry Nation and The Daleks. I really like him and respect him for creating them but I think David Whitcker did a better job of writing Dalek stories. It's the same thing with Marlowe. He created this universe and I am grateful for that but his ultra dark take on it with story lines that leave no hope and are without a hint of humor just is not my favorite take on Castle. I think Castle works much better as a light dramady instead of something heavy like NYPD Blue or The Wire. Stana Katric even described the series has desert TV and not a full meal and that is how I like it. Sorry that is just how it goes for me.