TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCIn Season

the kiss

BarryWeen3

[23]Mar 24, 2010
    • level: 14
    chrisj18 wrote:
    Ok,but just recently about 4 days ago you said they will be together as a couple in the last season of the show. Can you tell me what last season
    (the end of season 2 or season 3,or maybe season 4,

The point he was making was that whenever in the nebulous future the writers decide it's time for Beckett and Castle to be a couple is a signal that the end of the show is near as the loss of the sexual tension between the two will more than likely end the show. Thus the two will be a couple in the final season of the show whenever that may be, nobody knows right now. Bones is in its fifth season, more than likely will be renewed for a sixth season, and the two leads on that show just got to the point where they acknowleged they had feelings for each other. Beckett and Castle getting together will more than likely be a very slow process.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nolefan32

[24]Mar 24, 2010
    • level: 11
    BarryWeen3 wrote:
    chrisj18 wrote:
    Ok,but just recently about 4 days ago you said they will be together as a couple in the last season of the show. Can you tell me what last season

The point he was making was that whenever in the nebulous future the writers decide it's time for Beckett and Castle to be a couple is a signal that the end of the show is near as the loss of the sexual tension between the two will more than likely end the show. Thus the two will be a couple in the final season of the show whenever that may be, nobody knows right now. Bones is in its fifth season, more than likely will be renewed for a sixth season, and the two leads on that show just got to the point where they acknowleged they had feelings for each other. Beckett and Castle getting together will more than likely be a very slow process.
    That's exactly it.

I don't know when the last season of this show will be. I doubt the writers do. The average for a show that doesn't get canceled prematurely is seven seasons, but that doesn't mean it will necessarily be the case here. What I can tell you is, if the show doesn't get canceled before Castle and Beckett can start becoming a couple, you'll know you're in the last season if the writers start letting it happen. Because after that, they're either planning to end it on their terms, or the ratings will plummet quick and the show will be canceled.

BarryWeen3

[25]Mar 24, 2010
    nolefan32 wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:
    chrisj18 wrote:

That's exactly it.

I don't know when the last season of this show will be. I doubt the writers do. The average for a show that doesn't get canceled prematurely is seven seasons, but that doesn't mean it will necessarily be the case here. What I can tell you is, if the show doesn't get canceled before Castle and Beckett can start becoming a couple, you'll know you're in the last season if the writers start letting it happen. Because after that, they're either planning to end it on their terms, or the ratings will plummet quick and the show will be canceled.

I got the impression from looking at the past posts that Chris misinterpreted your reply as you being in the know as to when Castle was actually ending rather than what you were actually pointing out that the event of the two characters getting together would be a strong signal of the show ending. So let's put that event off for another 5 seasons, shall we...

nolefan32

[26]Mar 25, 2010
    BarryWeen3 wrote:
    nolefan32 wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:
    chrisj18 wrote:

That's exactly it.

I got the impression from looking at the past posts that Chris misinterpreted your reply as you being in the know as to when Castle was actually ending rather than what you were actually pointing out that the event of the two characters getting together would be a strong signal of the show ending. So let's put that event off for another 5 seasons, shall we...
    Hey, as long as they don't have Castle being rescued from certain death by a ghost, or waking up with amnesia after brain surgery so he doesn't remember who Beckett is, I'm all for seven seasons of this show. Or more, if they can keep the writing up (I've not been shy in saying that the writers are very formulaic about their plotlines, but they more than make up for that weakness in their character development).

Morspeed

[27]Mar 25, 2010
    • level: 9
    I actually like Castle and Beckett's relationship/dynamic a lot more than Booth and Bones. Booth and Bones compared to Castle and Beckett seem a lot tamer. Castle has repeatedly flirted with Beckett, and Beckett does do the same from time to time. In the very first episode he asked her out. They seem to get closer and more and more people are calling both of them on it.

With Booth and Bones their sexual tension seems to steam from the fact that they work together constantly and as a result of their partnership they seem to have developed feelings for each other. Like proximity is the initial reason, and then everything else happens.

With Castle and Beckett it a lot more playful, and at the same time a lot more sexual. Castle offering to rub lotion on Kate, the entire Mistress Spanks Twice episode, even the Halloween ep where she came to his house pretending to wear something sexxy, and when Castle even said "not yet" when one guy asked if they were together. I didn't see KB get in his face about that.

It took Booth 2 seasons to really start to look at Bones. It took Castle 2 mins. I think this is a much better way of building up the tension. Because he wants her, even if he doesn't admit it out loud. But he can't have her because they work together, and that is why he writes it out. To vent the tension.

kyubi256

[28]Mar 25, 2010
    They are much faster than Bones and Booth... but that is because Booth is much different from Castle. And the history is different.

Bones did not idealized Booth before they met, Beckett did for Castle

BarryWeen3

[29]Mar 25, 2010
    kyubi256 wrote:
    They are much faster than Bones and Booth... but that is because Booth is much different from Castle. And the history is different.

Bones did not idealized Booth before they met, Beckett did for Castle

Although if you've seen the previews for the 100th episode of Bones, which flashes back to Bones and Booth meetinng for the first time, the flashback seems to indicate that they actually had feelings for each other when they first met but due to the fallout of that first case it didn't go anywhere, at least that's what I got from the preview.

But yes, I agree with you that Booth is much different from Castle as is Brennan from Beckett, hence the growth of their relationships are different.

Starprincess13

[30]Mar 25, 2010
    • level: 24

BarryWeen3 wrote:
    Bones is in its fifth season, more than likely will be renewed for a sixth season, and the two leads on that show just got to the point where they acknowleged they had feelings for each other.

Actually, at the end of the fourth season, FOX renewed Bones for both a fifth and sixth season. Some are taking this a sign that the creators are going to get Booth and Brennan together by the end of this season when they already know that they still have at least another season left. That could eventually happen to Castle as well.

BarryWeen3

[31]Mar 25, 2010
    Starprincess13 wrote:

BarryWeen3 wrote:
    Bones is in its fifth season, more than likely will be renewed for a sixth season, and the two leads on that show just got to the point where they acknowleged they had feelings for each other.

Actually, at the end of the fourth season, FOX renewed Bones for both a fifth and sixth season. Some are taking this a sign that the creators are going to get Booth and Brennan together by the end of this season when they already know that they still have at least another season left. That could eventually happen to Castle as well.

You're right, I forgot about that tidbit of news. Fans may take this as a sign, still doesn't mean it's going to happen considering Hanson's fake-out that ended the fourth season.

Yes, it'll probably eventually happen on Castle too, but it'll be drawn out as much as possible. They way the writers have gone about it on Castle and Bones makes me root for them to get together but even when they don't it doesn't annoy me as much as it does on Chuck where the whole they're together, they're not together, etc. is getting annoying. I think it may have to do with the great banter the characters have on Bones and Castle and that there is a deep friendship at the core of their relationship with each other besides the sexual tension, more of a developing friendship in Castle's case as that's the younger show.

nolefan32

[32]Mar 25, 2010
    BarryWeen3 wrote:
    Starprincess13 wrote:

BarryWeen3 wrote:

You're right, I forgot about that tidbit of news. Fans may take this as a sign, still doesn't mean it's going to happen considering Hanson's fake-out that ended the fourth season.

Yes, it'll probably eventually happen on Castle too, but it'll be drawn out as much as possible. They way the writers have gone about it on Castle and Bones makes me root for them to get together but even when they don't it doesn't annoy me as much as it does on Chuck where the whole they're together, they're not together, etc. is getting annoying. I think it may have to do with the great banter the characters have on Bones and Castle and that there is a deep friendship at the core of their relationship with each other besides the sexual tension, more of a developing friendship in Castle's case as that's the younger show.
    I do agree that as tough as it is wanting a couple to get together but having the writers drag it out, it's still better than the whole on-again, off-again crap. Like on Friends, with Ross and Rachel, that got so annoying very quickly. I can only think of a handful of shows that the writers were able to make it work - like Buffy and Angel on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or Sam and Diane on Cheers. Though in those cases, they mythology of the show or the way the characters were written in the first place made it more possible for the writers to do that, i.e., Sam and Diane were strictly physical, but they drove each other nuts otherwise, so the push-pull made sense; or on Buffy, Angel's curse was established early, so using it to allow them to be together but then yank them apart was so effective that not only did we not spend the rest of the show hoping for the day they'd finally be together (because we knew it couldn't happen) and yet still enjoying the the connection that they did share, it also gave us what was arguably one of the best seasons of the show overall, and one of the best "big bads". But the shows that are able to do that and make it work are very, very rare, the rest that try it usually just end up frustrating the audience even more - and Chuck is a great example (I didn't last the whole first season of that show, much as I loved many of the characters, just because of the way the writers kept monkeying with the Chuck-Sarah dynamic).

BarryWeen3

[33]Mar 26, 2010
    nolefan32 wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:
    Starprincess13 wrote:

BarryWeen3 wrote:

I do agree that as tough as it is wanting a couple to get together but having the writers drag it out, it's still better than the whole on-again, off-again crap. Like on Friends, with Ross and Rachel, that got so annoying very quickly. I can only think of a handful of shows that the writers were able to make it work - like Buffy and Angel on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or Sam and Diane on Cheers. Though in those cases, they mythology of the show or the way the characters were written in the first place made it more possible for the writers to do that, i.e., Sam and Diane were strictly physical, but they drove each other nuts otherwise, so the push-pull made sense; or on Buffy, Angel's curse was established early, so using it to allow them to be together but then yank them apart was so effective that not only did we not spend the rest of the show hoping for the day they'd finally be together (because we knew it couldn't happen) and yet still enjoying the the connection that they did share, it also gave us what was arguably one of the best seasons of the show overall, and one of the best "big bads". But the shows that are able to do that and make it work are very, very rare, the rest that try it usually just end up frustrating the audience even more - and Chuck is a great example (I didn't last the whole first season of that show, much as I loved many of the characters, just because of the way the writers kept monkeying with the Chuck-Sarah dynamic).

They're still doing it this season (its third) mainly by making Chuck a spy, you would think that would make them equals but now that he's trying to be a spy, he can't have any emotional ties, so that breaks them apart (again), and they also threw in the characters of Hannah and Shaw as other love interests, played by Kriten Kruek and Brandon Routh, respectively. So it goes on in the world of Chuck...

Morspeed

[34]Mar 26, 2010
    Also now that Sara "saw" Chuck kill his target she says that she doesn't feel the same way about him anymore. Not sure where they are going to go with this.

chrisj18

[35]Mar 26, 2010
    • level: 5
    castle and beckett rock!!!!!

chrisj18

[36]Mar 26, 2010
    beckett and castle rock!!! on castle...awesomely so cool....

chrisj18

[37]Mar 26, 2010

beckett and castle rock...and are awesome on the show and are so cool....

BarryWeen3

[38]Mar 26, 2010
    Morspeed wrote:
    Also now that Sara "saw" Chuck kill his target she says that she doesn't feel the same way about him anymore. Not sure where they are going to go with this.

Apparently nowwhere...

Starprincess13

[39]Mar 27, 2010
    • level: 24

nolefan32 wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:
    Starprincess13 wrote:

BarryWeen3 wrote:

You're right, I forgot about that tidbit of news. Fans may take this as a sign, still doesn't mean it's going to happen considering Hanson's fake-out that ended the fourth season. Yes, it'll probably eventually happen on Castle too, but it'll be drawn out as much as possible. They way the writers have gone about it on Castle and Bones makes me root for them to get together but even when they don't it doesn't annoy me as much as it does on Chuck where the whole they're together, they're not together, etc. is getting annoying. I think it may have to do with the great banter the characters have on Bones and Castle and that there is a deep friendship at the core of their relationship with each other besides the sexual tension, more of a developing friendship in Castle's case as that's the younger show.

Oh, definitely. I would rather wait for my couple to get together than see them constantly getting together and splitting up. I could stand it with Buffy and Angel (although, that might be partly because I was never a major Buffy/Angel shipper anyway) but I would hate it if they did that to Booth/Brennan or Castle/Beckett. I'd rather know that they will eventually be together even if we don't see it happen for a long time than not be certain about whether or not the writers will have them together in the end. It is still hard though. You have to be patient.

chrisj18

[40]Mar 28, 2010
    Beckett and castle rock,and are awesome,and cool the show castle,they rock!!!!!!