Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

the kiss

OTH_15

[41]Mar 31, 2010
    • level: 12

i don't want beckett and castle getting together yet...their relationship is perfect the way it is right now

maybe in the next couple seasons they could

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

chrisj18

[43]Apr 6, 2010
    • level: 5
    beckett and castle rock!!!!! they are so cool!!!!

chrisj18

[44]Apr 6, 2010

beckett and castle rock!!!! By the middle ofseason 3 beckett and castle should be together as a couple. If two people love each other why hide it.

I don't hide that i love my girlfriend who was my best friends since 15 years old, even we kiss,we just take it a little slow with the romance...

chrisj18

[45]Apr 6, 2010
    beckett and castle rock.... and the show rocks....

Morspeed

[46]Apr 9, 2010
    • level: 9
    If this show follows the same framework/time line that Bones does I guess we won't be seeing these two together till the end of the 5th season or so.

chrisj18

[47]Apr 10, 2010
    oh come on..

chrisj18

[48]Apr 14, 2010
    beckett and castle should be a couple by the middle of season 3

Starprincess13

[49]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 24

Morspeed wrote:
    If this show follows the same framework/time line that Bones does I guess we won't be seeing these two together till the end of the 5th season or so.

That's possible but the thing to remember is that Castle and Beckett are completely different from Booth and Brennan. The main issue with getting Booth and Brennan together is her abandonment issues and the whole thing about her not believing in love/soul mates/etc (up until recently, at least). That isn't in the dynamic between Castle and Beckett and isn't a factor in preventing from getting them together. With Booth and Brennan, there were/are major issues that need to be overcome before they can get together but not really so with Castle and Beckett. It depends entirely on what the producers/TPTB decide to do who of course might decide to follow in the footsteps of Bones (which of course has been extremely successful so that's very possible). The main factor is whether or not the producers/TPTB think that they can get them together without ruining the dynamic and if they are worried about the so-called 'Moonlighting' curse.

Starprincess13

[50]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 24

OTH_15 wrote:

i don't want beckett and castle getting together yet...their relationship is perfect the way it is right now

maybe in the next couple seasons they could

Same here. I like them together and want them to be eventually but I'm not as obsessed with them as a couple as I am with some of my other shows.

Morspeed

[51]Apr 15, 2010

Starprincess13 wrote:

That's possible but the thing to remember is that Castle and Beckett are completely different from Booth and Brennan. The main issue with getting Booth and Brennan together is her abandonment issues and the whole thing about her not believing in love/soul mates/etc (up until recently, at least). That isn't in the dynamic between Castle and Beckett and isn't a factor in preventing from getting them together. With Booth and Brennan, there were/are major issues that need to be overcome before they can get together but not really so with Castle and Beckett. It depends entirely on what the producers/TPTB decide to do who of course might decide to follow in the footsteps of Bones (which of course has been extremely successful so that's very possible). The main factor is whether or not the producers/TPTB think that they can get them together without ruining the dynamic and if they are worried about the so-called 'Moonlighting' curse.

I agree that C&B will have a much easier time getting together than B&B. C&B seem to be more playful with each other, while at the same time flirting a lot more than B&B ever did in the first season or so.

But I was referring to the fact that since Castle seems to be following Bones' time line, first season build up, and in the second season give the female lead a love interest. Bones third season was just more of B&B staring at each other with not much going on. I don't think that will work with C&B but I think the producers will want to stretch it out as long as possible. But the problem with that is, I feel, that you're saying that your entire show hinges on them trying to get together. It works for the first three seasons but I think any more and it gets tiresome. That's what happened with Bones. Five seasons and we just got Booth telling Bones how he feels. That, is too long.

BarryWeen3

[52]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 14
    Morspeed wrote:

But I was referring to the fact that since Castle seems to be following Bones' time line, first season build up, and in the second season give the female lead a love interest. Bones third season was just more of B&B staring at each other with not much going on. I don't think that will work with C&B but I think the producers will want to stretch it out as long as possible. But the problem with that is, I feel, that you're saying that your entire show hinges on them trying to get together. It works for the first three seasons but I think any more and it gets tiresome. That's what happened with Bones. Five seasons and we just got Booth telling Bones how he feels. That, is too long.

It may be too long but after the 100th episode revelations, it puts the past 5 seasons in a different light for them. It's not Booth telling Bones how he feels, they've both known for a while how each of them felt for each other, it's just more out in the open now.

But I agree with you that Castle and Beckett have a different dynamic than Booth and Brennan. I also don't feel the urgency for Castle and Beckett to get together than I did for Booth and Brennan. That's probably due to the differences in their relationship dynamic as well as the characters. Castle and Beckett are more flirty and open about their possible attraction to each other, especially Castle, Beckett is somewhat more guarded than him. Booth and Brennan are an entire different matter due to Brennan's abandonment issues.

chrisj18

[53]Apr 15, 2010
    I actually don't like beckett and castle relationship. They should be together soon in the middle of season 3. All i want is for them to have at least their fist kiss. a kiss is not sexual tension. I kissed my girlfriend about 20 time already and there was no sexual tension,but i still know at least she is the one for me ok. Beckett never even kissed yet how are they going to know if they like each other.

Morspeed

[54]Apr 15, 2010

BarryWeen3 wrote:

It may be too long but after the 100th episode revelations, it puts the past 5 seasons in a different light for them. It's not Booth telling Bones how he feels, they've both known for a while how each of them felt for each other, it's just more out in the open now. But I agree with you that Castle and Beckett have a different dynamic than Booth and Brennan. I also don't feel the urgency for Castle and Beckett to get together than I did for Booth and Brennan. That's probably due to the differences in their relationship dynamic as well as the characters. Castle and Beckett are more flirty and open about their possible attraction to each other, especially Castle, Beckett is somewhat more guarded than him. Booth and Brennan are an entire different matter due to Brennan's abandonment issues.

I think that is the key. Brennan does seem to have some issues she needs to deal with. But she was considering going away with Sully (I think that was his name) and they seemed to have a healthy relationship, so I'm not entirely sure why she feels she cannot have a relationship with Booth.

I definitely prefer Kate to Brennan for the simple fact that Kate seems more real. I have never met a person so out of touch with society as Bones is. It was cute at first but the fact that she messes up general English idioms is surprising for someone with her intellect. Kate shows so much more emotion. Credit due to Stana for that. You can read her so much easier than Bones, who just comes of cold except for sudden bursts of emotions. It's strange and I never realized it until I saw how Kate behaved. You can see hurt or sadness or concern in her face when Castle does something. A pretty good example I found was at the beginning of the Season when Castle was planning on leaving to write James Bond. They were in the car and after Castle said something like "I'm leaving but leaving a part of me behind". You can see she was upset. But she didn't utter a word.

Edited on 04/15/2010 10:41am

chrisj18

[55]Apr 15, 2010
    castle and beckett rock... I actualyy don't like castle and beckett relationship, what relationship they never got their fist kiss with each other. A kiss is really sensual not a sexual tension thing look it up in the dictionary i did. And i think they should at least kiss,and be couple in the mddle of episode 3. Or in episode 4. me and my girfriend do not have sex with each other we are waiting to we are totally ready and when we both have less jobs or careers and when we are married and want to have 5 kids. but we do kiss, and i like the way she kisses.

chrisj18

[56]Apr 15, 2010
    castle and beckett are so cool.... the show rocks..

mange85

[58]Apr 17, 2010
    • level: 6

All this talk about that castle and beckett should be together or not.

If castle and beckett is getting together as a couple, how does that affect the show?

Do people loose intrest in the show and stop watching. or does it make the show even better and more people will start to watch the show, i don´t now.

i don´t now if castle and beckett should be a couple. i think we should have a episode thier something happens to castle, and hi has a dream thier he and beckett is a couple and maybe they are married, what do i now. and see how people think about it.

And all this talk about Brennan, most you are right in may diffrent ways, and the writers must start to fix this in season 6. she must trust her self and get help for her problems.