Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCIn Season

The Murderer of Beckett's Mother??

amber8032

[1]May 12, 2009
    • level: 28

On the final episode "A Death in the Family" Castle finds out who might have killed Beckett's mother, does anyone have any clues who might be that could be so serious?? HELP HERE!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sarastar43

[2]May 12, 2009
    • level: 11
    I didn't get the impression that he had actually figured out who the killer was, just that there was more to the murder than orignally thought (and maybe part of a serial killing) cuz Martha said something about how he had to tell Kate because he had info that could lead to her mother's murder, doesn't sound like they actually know who it is.

ana_jovanovic

[3]May 14, 2009
    • level: 12

One tiny thing I noticed, when Castle asked the pathologist who was going over the case about the other murders "Are they related?" and he made such a face that leads me to believe that it has to have something to do with her family, you know relative, like a family member. Maybe someone else in her family was killed in the same manner? That's the only thing I think can be that shocking and at the same time could offer more clues.

Then again, wouldn't Beckett already know that?

What do you think...

SupremeLegate

[4]May 14, 2009
    • level: 13
    The thing that I have been wondering about is, wasn't her Father there when her Mother was killed?

gold167

[5]May 15, 2009
    • level: 5
    something did come to light it wasnt a random killing but a callous act of murder.
    Is it a serial killer ???

Ready for a 2nd season

sarastar43

[6]May 15, 2009
    • level: 11
    SupremeLegate wrote:
    The thing that I have been wondering about is, wasn't her Father there when her Mother was killed?

Well, he was around, if that's what you mean, but no, he wasn't at the murder scene - Beckett said that she and her father were supposed to meet her mom for dinner, but her mom never showed up at the restaurant, and when they got home a police officer was waiting for them

EOBB

[7]May 15, 2009
    • level: 6
    ana_jovanovic wrote:

One tiny thing I noticed, when Castle asked the pathologist who was going over the case about the other murders "Are they related?" and he made such a face that leads me to believe that it has to have something to do with her family, you know relative, like a family member. Maybe someone else in her family was killed in the same manner? That's the only thing I think can be that shocking and at the same time could offer more clues.

Then again, wouldn't Beckett already know that?

What do you think...

Something stuck in my head about that scene too. Didn't Castle question whether the murders were related? Didn't the forensics guy ask if he really wanted to know (or maybe it was just a look)? It seems like Castle would have more information than just the nature of the stab wounds and the fact that there were other murders like it. It seemed like he had bigger information, something that would really upset her. I hate cliffies.

birkoff1

[8]May 15, 2009
    • level: 12
    Right. I took it from the nature of the killings that Beckett's mother and the other two victims were killed in the same way - a very precise strike disguised as a layman - indicated that they'd each been targeted. Plot-wise this also makes the most sense, leaving room for the backstory to grow deeper as the show runs through its (fingers crossed) seasons.