Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

UST Gone From Castle?

Jacks_Son

[1]Sep 30, 2009
    • level: 13
    Has anyone else noticed the absence of the Unresolved Sexual Tension from the lead characters? There appears to be an air of "they're just buddies" now and that is all it will ever be. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with that, but the tension was there in season one and now the show has subtly changed direction.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EOBB

[2]Sep 30, 2009
    • level: 6
    Jacks_Son wrote:
    Has anyone else noticed the absence of the Unresolved Sexual Tension from the lead characters? There appears to be an air of "they're just buddies" now and that is all it will ever be. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with that, but the tension was there in season one and now the show has subtly changed direction.

Hello again. I just commented on the Double Down thread, but I thought of something else. I don't think they are going to play them off as just buddies. I think they have to start by establishing their friendship and move from that point. Nathan and Stana have never denied that their characters would eventually go 'there', but they have said quite often in interviews that it is all about the dance, and that getting there is half the fun. I hope we get to see a lot of 'dancing'.

TesserT

[3]Sep 30, 2009
    • level: 76
    I posted this in the Spoilers/News thread but this part doesn't reveal any spoilers.

TV Guide Sept 14-20, 2009 pg 36: Will they or won't they? That's the question! "We're very cognizant of the fact that when you get 2 characters together, even for a brief moment, it can dissipate the chemistry," says creator Andrew W. Marlowe, revealing that competition for their affections will be afoot. "But there is that attraction there."

Jacks_Son

[4]Sep 30, 2009

TesserT wrote:
    I posted this in the Spoilers/News thread but this part doesn't reveal any spoilers.
    TV Guide Sept 14-20, 2009 pg 36: Will they or won't they? That's the question! "We're very cognizant of the fact that when you get 2 characters together, even for a brief moment, it can dissipate the chemistry," says creator Andrew W. Marlowe, revealing that competition for their affections will be afoot. "But there is that attraction there."

So, they are going to go with the "competition" angle. Hmmm. I guess I should be on the lookout for casting calls.

Will_of_the_D

[5]Oct 7, 2009
    • level: 14
    I guess having them be friends first is more believable than going the predictable route and having them sleep together within the first episodes.

lilswimchick

[6]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 9

I don't know if you guys watch, but their relationship reminds me a lot of Brennan and Booth on Bones. They start off not really having any emotional connection but there's this sexual charge and time goes on they start realizing that there's more to it than just the physical aspect... hopefully they won't hold out on us as long as they have on Bones :/ I've been waiting for them to get together for 5 years and it's getting to the point where it's just like "OH MY GOD just get married already!!!" lol

But anyways, I think yesterdays episode really showed that both Castle and Beckett realize there's something special between them that goes beyond the physical. I also think Kate's too professional and stubborn to admit her feelings to him as long as they're working together and I think he'd have to say it first. Love her though, lool.

I'm done. I promise to shut up now :]] hahaha

Edited on 10/20/2009 4:48pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Jacks_Son

[7]Oct 22, 2009
    Perhaps they mirror real life, but I get the sense that Castle is phsyically attracted to Beckett, while Beckett is more interested in his company. Don't get me wrong, Castle likes Beckett's company, but I think it's Beckett's primaty desire.

unniw

[8]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 4
    I think Beckett is attracted to Castle (some of her pauses and holding her breath - moments could indicate that) but Castle has a terrible reputation (episode 6: how shallow are you? very!), so she's been holding back. Last few episodes she's been more playful though, while he's been more serious. Which is a good development on the road to something more...

Starprincess13

[9]Oct 26, 2009
    • level: 24
    lilswimchick wrote:

I don't know if you guys watch, but their relationship reminds me a lot of Brennan and Booth on Bones. They start off not really having any emotional connection but there's this sexual charge and time goes on they start realizing that there's more to it than just the physical aspect... hopefully they won't hold out on us as long as they have on Bones :/ I've been waiting for them to get together for 5 years and it's getting to the point where it's just like "OH MY GOD just get married already!!!" lol

I agree. I think one of the reasons I like Castle is because it is like a copy of Bones (my favourite show on tv right now) and Crossing Jordan (canceled a couple years ago but still dearly loved). I bet they were thinking of the whole Mulder/Scully, Booth/Brennan partnership laced with sexual tension when they started the show.

EOBB

[10]Oct 26, 2009
    • level: 6
    Starprincess13 wrote:
    lilswimchick wrote:

I agree. I think one of the reasons I like Castle is because it is like a copy of Bones (my favourite show on tv right now) and Crossing Jordan (canceled a couple years ago but still dearly loved). I bet they were thinking of the whole Mulder/Scully, Booth/Brennan partnership laced with sexual tension when they started the show.

I also started watching Castle because it reminded me of Bones. Why do shows always wait so long to get couples together?! By the time they are officially a couple, if they ever are, then we don't care any more. *cough, cough* X Files *cough, cough*

JonathonWolf

[11]Oct 27, 2009
    • level: 10
    EOBB wrote:
    Starprincess13 wrote:
    lilswimchick wrote:

I also started watching Castle because it reminded me of Bones. Why do shows always wait so long to get couples together?! By the time they are officially a couple, if they ever are, then we don't care any more. *cough, cough* X Files *cough, cough*

Any set of characters getting together changes the dynamic of all the character relationships. I think neither really knows how to approach the other. Both seem like they realize how attractive they are and are more accustomed to being the pursued. They also have some personality clashes and viewpoints. Castle is more zany and sees the lighter side of everything; Beckett is more series and used to seeing the shadows everything casts. Beckett also seems to want to be a fangirl, but she's too proud to let herself act that way with Castle. She may even have fantasized about working with him on a case and become his muse or even lover.