Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Well Castle's odds of getting a sixth season just got smaller.

matthewgiven3

[1]Apr 5, 2013
    • level: 4

Well this is not good I just read on Tv by the numbers that ABC is going to be playing a new crime drama in the mondays at ten time slot that Castle now has. This means that Not only will Castle not have a time slot this fall but that ABC will have a brand new show to spend money on. Now that they have a new crime show and Body of Proof it looks very unlikely that Castle will get a sixth season I really hope season five doesn't end on a depressing cliffhanger. I don't want Castle to end on a down note just because it is getting replaced this fall. Couldn't they just give us a happy ending this season and then if we get lucky and get a sixth season open with something bad,that way if we don't get a sixth season the show will end on a high note? This is very depressing news

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wildhoney66

[2]Apr 5, 2013
    • level: 13

dude that doesn't mean anything. as much as i love the show body of proof i doubt that will be coming back next season. and just cause they take castle off monday's doesn't mean a damn thing. CSI started i think on friday's than it was thursdays' now it's wednesdays.

"Bones' has been on monday's, tuesday's. thursdays'.,

the simpsons also has changed a couple of times, hmm the x-files was on friday's than sunday's, CSI:Miaimi, monday's than sundays,

private practice was on wednesdays, thursdays, tuesdays back to thursdays and than back to tuesdays, grey's anatomay started on sunday's now it's thursday's. my point tv shows get time slots get changed all the time that doesn't mean the show is getting cancelled. the ratings are still good. castle has NEVER been a show that is a 20 million viewers show to begin with. if you look at "Supernatural' that show is on season 8 now and it gets 2 million views at the most. smallville get very small numbers as well and that was on for a decade. yes those shows on a smaller network but they lasted a long time or are still on like supernatural still is.

JonathonWolf

[3]Apr 8, 2013
    • level: 10

They could look at Castle's current slot as a golden position and move the show back an hour as a lead in to the new show to draw viewership. The series has built up a lot of steam and has a strong enough audience to survive a small time change. If Castle is getting cancelled, I'd imagine it's more because the creative team believes Castle has run it's course narratively and will be getting an awesome series finale.

wildhoney66

[4]Apr 9, 2013

if you look at the ratings on wikipedia if they are correct they have jumped up and down and the last episode got i think pretty high numbers for the show. like i said it's never been a show getting 20 million viewers anyways. CSI was for many years that's true. but CBS gets more viewers i am guessing anyways. i dunno if that's true but just a guess

matthewgiven3

[5]Apr 9, 2013

Well I hope you two are right. I have just seen so many of my favorite shows taken out when it looked like they were doing okay that I will not feel safe until I here from ABC that Castle is getting a sixth season.

lilcamozzi2

[6]Apr 10, 2013

What are you talking about, Castles already been picked up for a 6th season. Its a sure thing

matthewgiven3

[7]Apr 10, 2013

ABC has yet to say anything of the kind and given the lack of adds for the show and any other support from the network I have a sinking feeling.

wildhoney66

[8]Apr 10, 2013

ignore him he likes to think negative things. though they haven't as far as i know announced it May is next month and they will be announcing it prolly than no doubt. i'm still hoping we get to keep CSI:NY and Body of Proof but those shows since they have gotten as far as i know lower rating than Castle for example i'm sure are goners. it's a shame cause i love both shows. but at least with CSI:NY it didn't end with a cliff-hanger and for that i'm most grateful. now with body of proof we shall see i'm hoping they decide to tell the people who do that show before the season finale does end so they have time to end it like it should end.

like with Crossing jordan. it wasn't meant to be end the season it did. it was meant to end on a cliff-hanger but since they were told ahead of time they were able to get everyone together and end it like it should end, even though they left out one thing who killed jordan's mother?

yes i'm going off topic but my point is it's always nice to learn when they tell the producers and such ahead of time before the season finale ends. so if it gets cancelled NO cliff hanger! that was also done with that James Woods Series a couple years back. they were told ahead of time and hence the finale had no cliff-hanger but a resolution right in! like all series should end in.