Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

What's your favorite/least favorite Castle episode?

fanofcastle

[1]May 24, 2010
    • level: 1

Ok, so we have 3+ months to wait until S3 so let's talk about S1 and S2. What's your favorite episode from either season? Your least favorite? I'll start. Favorite: Third Man. I really liked the case and I enjoyed Castle's interaction with Alexis. (Honorable mention: A Chill Goes Through Her Veins. This is Kate's first visit to the "Bat Cave.") Least favorite: A Deadly Game. A cliche ending. Enough said.

Bonus points: favorite Castle phrase: "Shut the front door." LOL.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BarryWeen3

[2]May 25, 2010
    • level: 14
    Favorites: Home is Where the Heart Stops (S1) and Tick, Tick, Tick...Boom! (S2)

Though I like most of the episodes.

Least Favorite: A Deadly Game

The whole episode felt off and that Friends ending.

I've loved the Firefly homages they've managed to squeeze in.

Starprincess13

[3]May 29, 2010
    • level: 24

BarryWeen3 wrote:
    I've loved the Firefly homages they've managed to squeeze in.

Same here. I have the feeling I missed some of them since I only recently discovered Firefly (I've got three episodes to watch and then I'm finished the series. I'm loving it so far!!!), after I started watching Castle but I liked the one or two that I did pick up on. I hope they include more in season 3.

nolefan32

[4]May 30, 2010
    • level: 11

The best so far, for me, was Tick, Tick/Boom. From what I've seen from most of the fans on here, that particular episode is a definite standout (only real low point here was Beckett saving herself by jumping back into the bathtub - a little too convenient).

For the worst, that's a tough pick. As much as I rag on the writing for being mediocre, I do have to give credit that the writers haven't given us any really gawd-awful episodes. I think I'll also go with A Deadly Game here. I thought they gave away too much just with the episode's title (i.e., I pretty much knew the victim wasn't a real spy just having seen what they called the episode - spoiled what could have been a really interesting red herring in the beginning of the episode), that they missed a good opportunity with the Bulgarians (or whatever country they were from, I forgot, but I thought it would have been interesting if they'd had something along the lines of the guy pretending to be a spy dead because he'd accidentally crossed paths with real spies/terrorists/gangsters/etc.), and, of course, the cheesy Ross-and-Rachel ending. But I will say that unlike a lot of people on here who didn't like the husband as the killer, I give the writers credit that for once it wasn't the first guy interviewed.

thumpress

[5]May 30, 2010
    • level: 4

The last one is my least favorite.I so wanted Beckett andCastle to end up together. We will see what happens next season....

nutcrackr

[6]May 31, 2010
    • level: 6
    Tick Tick Tick was a great episode. I also really enjoyed Always buy retail in season 1 with the gun fight at the end. Least favorite is probably Overkill, second last episode from season 2.

lexlou

[7]Jun 4, 2010
    • level: 10

i would have to say my fav is den of thieves (totally love jon hueatas, i hope they do more

background stories of the characters id s3 specially the others its always about castle and kate i know that they are the main

characters of the shows but what about the others they are part of the show too)

my least fav would be double down- for some eason i just didn't get it- i mean i got the story line but to me it seans more

about the bet then any things (definally won't be putting it a on ipod)

Lunalissa

[8]Jun 7, 2010
    • level: 4

I have three favorites. My first is When the Bough Breaks. I love neither Castle or Beckett wants to admit that they really enjoy working together. I love how at the end, even though Beckett is acting anoyed that Castle is going to write more books about her, when she turns around we see her smiling. My other favorite episodes are Tick Tick Tick and Boom. I love the interactions between Castle and Beckett in these episodes. It shows how much they care about eachother. I am glad that they did not get together at the end of the season. It would have ruined their relationship.