Castle Forums

Monday 10:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Why is Stana Katic so intent on becoming less attractive?

Laserwolf412

[1]Oct 17, 2011
    • level: 5

I just realized tonight that Stana Katic barely does anything for me anymore in the looks department. I started thinking about it, and realized I had usually looked forward to seeing her each week but now not at all. To be straight forward, she has kind of a weirdly proportioned face that she is making much worse. First she started growing out her hair which is less attractive the longer it is (especially now). Then she started losing weight which makes her face that much odder looking. It drives me nuts that these women suddenly decided to become skeletal when their shows do well. I've noticed the same thing in the female cast of Nikita (Especially Maggie Q with her twig arms that apparently are lethal weapons?) and Julie Bowen on Modern Family.

Finally, I've noticed that she is wearing some really really ugly outfits. Modesty is one thing, and in fact I prefer that sort of look when it comes to characters that are supposed to be professionals (Unlike Anna Torv's unbuttoned to the navel blouses on Fringe) but she is wearing stuff you'd see on someone like Phyllis from the office. Last week it was just plain awful and this week she had some weird hipster 1970s Diane Keaton look. You know that this is her choice being that she is apparently a wannabe fashion designer and a lot of her red carpet looks are just as bad.

I know it's wrong as a guy to knock this kind of stuff, but it just bums me out when they go from strikingly beautiful to almost unattractive because of their own style preferences (especially when a big factor is entirely unnecessary and likely unhealthy weight loss).

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ronin_Blackwing

[4]Oct 18, 2011
    • level: 6

You know I rarely comment on forums or anything else of the sort for that matter but this topic just ticked me off. The only thing that I agree with is that Stana could benefit from gaining few pounds but other than that - what is your problem mate. "she has kind of a weirdly proportioned face"... seriously now ... you should get your eyes checked. And her hair isn't making her look worse, the exact opposite in fact. I recently re-watched the first 3 seasons and I can honestly say that the one episode I didn't find her attractive in was the pilot - you know the one where she has the shortest hair she has had in the entire run of the show. And who the heck made you the fashion police anyway. Are you really claiming that you know for a fact that she picks her wardrobe for the show. How do you know it's her call at all to begin with.

As a side note attacking other actresses just to make your point about Stana is even less classy that the rest of your post.

All in all your post displays a lack of ability to prove with actual real arguments and general arrogance in the form of just saying things and assuming they are true just because you are saying them.

PS: Don't bother replying to me. I will not check back into this topic.

gerryold

[5]Oct 18, 2011
    • level: 2

I suppose that the producer or the dresser decide for her clothing and her looking. How come a police women can work with those long long hair? It ispossible, but they have to be attach, not loose like they are, for her job, it is dangerous to work like that.

Personnaly, she was lot more clute when her hair were short and that she had a few more pounds on her body.

Actually, she look like a sick person, and it is not trhe shooting who cause that.

Tayke

[6]Oct 18, 2011
    • level: 8
    Firstly, ditto @ Ronin_Blackwing.

Secondly, Maggie Q has always been quite thin as a result of her super healthy lifestyle, and she is not any skinnier now than she was when Nikita first started. Also, don't hate on Ann Torv/Olivia Dunham. One's awesome and the other could kick your ass.

blackmage8472

[7]Oct 25, 2011
    • level: 15

I still find her quite attractive.

gerryold

[8]Oct 26, 2011

More I see her, she look like an anorexsick person or a sick person.

AiswaryaGiris

[9]Oct 28, 2011
    • level: 3

Really? I've always found her attractive. Still do.

Also, I don't get why everyone has such an issue with her clothes or whatever. Let her wear what she wants to! Is there some kind of rule that all women cops have to be the same? It's not like her clothes are adversely affecting her work (as a cop) at all.

And anorexic? Really? I doubt she's actually trying to reduce weight by starving herself or something. She's a smart 30- something year old woman, not an impressionable teenager. If she's lost weight, there will definitely be a sensible reason for it.

And oh yes. Don't you hate on Anna Torv/Olivia Dunham.

CrazyAsian1080

[10]Oct 31, 2011
    • level: 7
    The only thing I find odd, and this is a problem with most cop shows, are the 4 inch heels she wears (and they even joke about). Not because she doesn't look good in them, but HOW DO YOU RUN IN 4 INCH HEELS!!!

CrazyAsian1080

[11]Oct 31, 2011
    • level: 7
    Also, I completely disagree with you about the hair.

JonathonWolf

[12]Nov 1, 2011
    • level: 10

I think she still looks gorgeous, but I can also see where she's lost weight. I think she looks best in season 3; the pronounced cheekbones do make her look too skinny even if the rest of her looks amazing. The new look could be because of the fans, though. People were all aflutter because a baggy shirt made people think she was pregnant after all.

kanniballl

[13]Nov 1, 2011
    • level: 18

JonathonWolf wrote:

People were all aflutter because a baggy shirt made people think she was pregnant after all.

Eh, it was a couple of things back to back.

Baggy shirt here, carefully edited scenes of her in a one-piece bathing suit there, a lot of shots of her wearing dark clothes and open jackets.

These are the kinds of things the wardrobe department does when actresses are pregnant and not even showingyet. So it was a valid question, though the instant they said "no, she's not pregnant" the fans should've just accepted it and moved it. Instead they decided to settle on conspiracy theories and such.

tommy0122

[14]Nov 1, 2011
    • level: 12

I think she is gorgeous but I have noticed that she is looking a little matronly in the last few episodes. I disagree about the long hair. I think she looks much better with it, however in the last couple of episodes, she has worn it up (not a good look for her). I have also noticed that she has lost too much weight. That seems to be an unhealthy trend among actresses lately. They all seem to want to look like runway models. Anyone who thinks that looks good has far different ideas about beauty that I do.

Tayke

[15]Nov 4, 2011
    • level: 8
    CrazyAsian1080 wrote:
    The only thing I find odd, and this is a problem with most cop shows, are the 4 inch heels she wears (and they even joke about). Not because she doesn't look good in them, but HOW DO YOU RUN IN 4 INCH HEELS!!!

Well, I'll agree with you there. I remember Maggie Q from Nikita saying in an interview that they wanted her to wear heels in a fight scene and she was like, "No." It's ridiculous how they keep putting them in high heeled shoes. If my job involved chasing people down the street on a daily basis, stilettos would not be part of the outfit. It's hard enough to walk in them...

tommy0122

[16]Nov 9, 2011
    • level: 12

gerryold wrote:

More I see her, she look like an anorexic person or a sick person.

I have to agree. I don't know if it's her or the producers, but this whole "Tone down Beckett" thing is not working for me. Like it or not, all of these shows have to have their "eye candy", and she's missing the mark in that regard now. This "Hollywood shinny" thing is getting out of control.

shoestring25

[17]Feb 29, 2012

shes too skinny and could do with putting on some weight get some curves women. and while were about it maybe fillion should cut down on the donuts hes looking a bit chunky now days

NCISchicktwin

[18]Mar 1, 2012
    • level: 1

Okay, the lot of you that are saying she is too thin....THE CHARACTER SHE PLAYS JUST GOT SHOT LAST SEASON! of freaking course Stana would have lost weight, she wants to play the part right.

and on the clothing posts, Stana looks AMAZING no matter what. the shoes she wears are not stilettos, they are wide heeled heels, she is able to walk/run in them because they are notflimsy; and Cops do wear heels, and do wear nice clothes, and just because 'Beckett' is on a cops pay doesn't mean she can't have nice clothing.

and the redcarpetmatter, Stana looks AMAZING on the red carpet. period.

the hair you are all complaining about, looks amazing, has made the already stunning Stana even more beautiful so stop nagging on her!

right, rant over. Stanatic over and out.

Yecart

[19]Mar 3, 2012
    • level: 3

Apart from the fact that I find this thread completely insane. I thought I'd point out the obvious and say that I don't think Ms Katic has lost that much weight. To me, it just looks like she has systematically changed her hair to a lighter colour and completely changed the shape of her eybrows. It makes her look very different.

Also, who cares what she wears? Perhaps the show is about more than sex appeal and they don't want her to look like sex on a stick all the time. She is aa goodactress, I don't understand why her body really has anything to with it. Nor her clothing choices. Praise people for being different, don't put them down and you know, worry about your own sandwich intake.

What a waste of time.

nutcrackr

[20]Mar 5, 2012
    • level: 6

I still think she is very attractive but I prefer her looks in the earlier seasons. In some ways she does look thin, on occasion. Whether this is the wardrobe, the long hair, camera angles or other, I have no idea. I don't think she would harm her looks if she put on a little bit more weight on though.

From a character perspective, Beckett seems less fun these days. In series 1 she was cautious about castle, in series 2 she was far more playful and toyed with him. Now she seems rather clinically written and they tend to leave the jokes to castle, esposito and ryan. She still has her moments I guess. Maybe the show is becoming less appealing and I'm just trying to find reasons for it.