Castle

Kill the Messenger

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Nov 09, 2009 on ABC

• When a bike messenger is killed for a package and then a convict who was having the package sent to Captain Montgomery is murdered in prison we are pointed toward a murder ten years before and a whole set of very wealthy suspects.

Solid episode of Castle which really does an excellent job of bring Captain Montgomery played by Ruben Santiago-Hudson to the fore of this investigation.

It seems a murder he solved ten years before when he was a detective was not so solved. The confession and the man in prison were a setup so that the prisoners son could be looked after.

So Beckett, Castle, Montgomery, and crew must figure out what happened ten years before that caused the two men to get killed today.

Some fascinating stuff comes out of this case as we get a body exhumed, follow a trail to a family, and the detectives are able to piece together what had occurred from records dated from a decade earlier.

On a side note, Susan Sullivan who plays Martha Rodgers, Castle's mother is very good in some revealing scenes about her and some of her former life. The spotlight was not on Castle and Beckett as much in this episode but it was a nice change as some of the other actors got some good screen time. I have to admit I like the female ME played by Tamala Jones better than the one played by Arye Gross but he is a nice change of pace as well. Sort of super quirky!

A very entertaining episode with a strained plot. Unfortunately you could guess a lot of what had happened before it was revealed. It was pretty well written though and the production was excellent as always. Thanks for reading...