Castle

Linchpin

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Feb 20, 2012 on ABC

• Not Brilliant

Lately Castle hasn't been working for me

There's only so far you can go with 'the end of the world ploy,' and they don't do a great deal to enliven an already limp story line.

The car drowning scene was almost laughable, the way they hazed it over. Granted, I'm sure we all went through our minds various scenarios as to how they would escape, and once again, this scenario has been done to death, but this version takes the cake.

The CIA lady never impressed me. It gets rather tireing seeing yet another perfectly coiffered bomshell actress playing a CIA operative. To top it off her voice is treacly (a detail, but it got to me after a while) and it was more a relief than a surprise when she turned out to be Mrs Judas.

I wish the writers would return to such story lines that made Castle quirky and fun, but also engrossing in terms of drama. The characters, the relationships (not just caskett) the witty lines and in-jokes, the daughter father rapport, all of which made me love the show.

The best thing that came out of this ep was the revelation of Castle's father, or rather, the hint that he may be around/ or even CIA (though why the writers would couple his name with an organisation that harbour disloyal crazy killer agents is a mystery to me. I'm betting he's nothing of the sort)

Looking forward to more of this strand.

After all there are plenty of stories they could pick up: The seriel killer Castle let get away, Bekett's mother murder thing (again....but at least such episodes are usually good) and I would like to see more charcater eps to do with Esp and Ryan.

Please writers stay away from these overblown and overused story lines. The duhduhduh, cliche ridden action stuff gets old, but quick. You can't beat BBC's Sherlock for that arena so stick with what you've got!