Castle

Lucky Stiff

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Feb 07, 2011 on ABC

• Murder mystery Castle grade awesome. Character development...heartwarming sweetness.

Yet another classic Castle episode, so for this reason I won't dedicate this review to the murder mystery aspect of the episode. I will instead focus on the question that Castle badgered Beckett with until it culminated in that heartwarming and squeal worthy last scene.

The entire episode Castle asked of Beckett what she would do if she won the lottery, and for the entire episode she dodged the question with a coy smile. Yet at the very end Castle gets it, which showed how much he's come to know her. And after a tense answer after the scholarship proposal, we see her open up to him.

Now I don't know about the rest of the audience but in the past, their relationship's glacial progress was almost painful. Yet with every serious episode they jumped in levels of comfort and intimacy, and with the most recent serious episode it seems that the writer are really pushing towards the two of them finally...going somewhere with their feelings.

can't wait for the next episode.
MNT