Castle

Murder He Wrote

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Oct 15, 2012 on ABC

• Absolute perfection

This episode knocked it out of the park. Funny, thrilling, mysterious, and fantastically romantic all topped out with a compelling murder case.

The usual classic banter between ryan and esposito and castle and beckett was there and the hampton's local cop only added to that.

The fact that Castle himself referenced "Caskett" was an awesome nod to the fans of the tv show and the writers are just astounding for doing such fan service.

I'm also glad that ryan decided to keep castle and beckett's relationship a secret from esposito and everyone else. Just goes to show you how awesome of a character Ryan is becoming in this show. Don't worry, esposito is still amazingly awesome as well.

All in all, this episode was sweet on the fans, great as a murder case, and sweet as a romance.

5/5 Absolutely loved everything about it! :D
  • The best so far this season

Everything was good about this episode, The interrupted weekend get away with murder, Ryan and Esposito trying to find out who Kate's boyfriend is. Castle helping them out!! Castle referring to himself and Kate as caskett hahaha that was priceless. Ryan finding out about Kate and Castle in the interview!! That was well written and so funny. I also liked the chief at the Hamptons, he was a good addition to this episode. All in all a fantastic and well written and executed episode. This by far will probably be the best season of castle yet!! Loving it
  • Great Episode!

This was such a great episode on so many levels. There was classic direction from Rob Bowman and tremendous lighting effects from Bill Roe. It was so great to get out of the city and see something so bright and beautiful. The ocean views and general outdoor shots on location at the Hamptons were very well chosen. I also loved the contrasting scene where Esposito and Ryan explore the warehouse in the dark with their flashlights- so reminiscent of Mulder and Scully in the dark shadows. They always loved to play with low light in that series and they used it here to great effect. The episode has comedy, suspense, sexual tension and a very heartfelt ending which I won't spoil for anyone who has not seen it yet. By far and away the most well crafted and enjoyable episode this season. I guess this is what happens when you go on location and you get the pros in to direct:) I hope this level of work continues.
  • 5x04 - Hamptons Heat

This was a great episode. Not only was it an interesting mystery in a homage to weekend murder mysteries but it also was full of hilarity. Watching Castle and Beckett (Casket!) run around trying to do everything possible to keep their secret relationship from getting back to NYC cracked me up so much. And so did Esposito's and Ryan's curiosity about it.
  • You forgot your suit?

Certainly the best episode this series, so far.

Some good attention to detail with Martha & Alexis telling Castle to plan ahead.

Loved the panic on Beckett's face after she dropped her robe and then saw the victim stagger onto the scene.

The case was good, with Espo and Ryan used well to get information for the duo.

However I DO, as usual, have issues with the writers treating their viewers as idiots !

There is no way that the Hampton's Police Chief wouldn't know exactly who Richard Castle was, if he's been there for years, as he stated and much, much worse is the Lanie situation.

Is there ANYONE out there who would believe a woman's BFF would not be trying with every fibre of her being to find out who said BFF was dating and having hot sweaty sex with?

Puleeese!

I'd have expected Lanie to have Beckett in an interview room with the rubber cosh and the lights in the eyes to get the details out of her.

I see trouble ahead for Ryan, given that he now knows the "secret" and he's just got his "bromance" with Espo re-started but has opted not to tell him.

Oh Dear!!!

Looking forward to next weeks episode to find out who finds out next.
  • 5x4 Superb

Best episode so far
  • Murder He Wrote

A bit early in the relationship, or at least the season, for this kind of effort, isn't it? I liked the idea of the clueless Hampton cops, but the murder was not really one we could follow along with as they did not make the true killer apparent and introduce him until the very end.

Solid outing, but not crazy about Caskett being shoved down our throats.