Castle

Number One Fan

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Oct 14, 2013 on ABC

• Number One

This show has had a number of hostage crisis episodes, and while this was not the most original hour of TV in that sense, it was entertaining nevertheless.
  • Average episode

Average episode, hoping for a really good one, but it's not arrived yet!
  • WTF!!

This episode just made no sense. So Beckett just go back to NYPD like this? And Washington and FBI is just a joke?? Oh, I just hope they will explain or get the story linked back to Washington later; otherwise the last 2 episodes of last season and the first 3 episodes of this season would become totally nonsense.
  • number 1 fan

better that the first three episodes
  • Crossing the T and Dotting the I *Beware of Spoilers*

I'm very glad that Beckett is back in NY and has gotten her job back at the 12th precinct. The way it happened goes to show that it's not always about what you know but who you know. But, I am very happy that part of business is done and things can go back to normal. The team dynamic is not the same unless all of the core characters are working together.

I was also pleased to see that Lanie made an appearance in this episode. I wonder if the writers have switched things off so Lanie and Perlmutter appear in every other episode, similar to what was seen in earlier seasons.

The case this week was intriguing. I could not be sure if it was actually going to be Emma that murdered her boyfriend or not. It kept me guessing which was good. Of course, I knew Castle would be alright after being shot but you still feel for him when he is in pain afterwards. And the "cheeseburgers" thing was funny as was the Richard Castle trivia.

Castle and Beckett are doing well at this point which is good to see. However, I noticed what may be a foreshadowing of conflict to come. When Ryan mentioned how not long after the wedding there would questions about when the couple would have children, Kate's face suggested she was not thrilled at that idea. I remember Castle saying in a previous episode that he liked the possibility of more children. I wonder when the subject may come up between Caskett and if it will or won't affect things for them in the future.

Also, at this point, I'm really over Pi. I was open to the character at first but I just can't support that anymore. He serves no real purpose to the overall story of the show and I'm hoping the writers decide to get rid of him soon.

It was also cool to hear the Old Haunt mentioned at the end of the episode. I wonder if that place will ever be shown again in any future episodes.