Castle

Once Upon A Crime

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Feb 27, 2012 on ABC

• One Of The Best Castle Episodes!

The whole episode was great! From Beckett and Castle making each other laugh by Castle's childish personality and jokes to the end where Beckett held Castle's hand ;) Well done! 10/10
  • Aaaah! back to basics.

By that, I mean disagreeing with "thefanoff" (shame there aren't smilies here).

I certainly didn't fall asleep with this episode bouncing along at a decent pace and no idiotic mytharcs to ruin the "vibe".

Back to some decent character interaction and a few good chuckles, if not outright laughs here with the unfortunately limited volume bottle of Scotch coming out on top.

And there is actually hope for Stana Katic as we saw her (apparently), eating something. Miracles do happen!

I liked the concept of the show with it's fairytail theme. Pity Shrek didn't show up, somehow but the case breaker of the "vertical bow" was ridiculous, to say the least.

Being not even slightly PC, I havebeen of the opinion that tying bows behind ones back is firmly the domain of the female of the species and they're usually damned good at it, so an incorrectly tied bow would NEVER be a clue here.

The bow had obviously been placed "just so" to trail out the ends of the material across the bed and would have been correct for the apparent "crime".

I note Capt. Gates is MIA again this week!

Ikeep hoping Castle will somehow win her over but it seems it isn't going to happen.

Anyway, while not worthy of a 9 rating and most certainly NOT a 10, a good episode and I have high hopes for the rest of the season to get me back in love with the show.
  • Once Upon a Crime

Perhaps a bit of a tribute to ABC's other drama, Once Upon a Time, but I found the episode a bit boring, and I was doing my best Sleepy impression during it. Like that they figured it out due to the bowtie, but that doesn't make up for a lackluster murder mystery altogether and some nonsense at home with the one woman show.
  • Just lovely

Ok, so I really really enjoyed this episode of Castle! It brewed with cute Castle/Beckett moments and I totally did not expect the murder case twist in the end.

I always recall the original show description given to Castle.. A novel mystery writer following an NYC detective (who always seems to be thrown all the odd & outrageous homicide cases) for research. This episode had the suspenseful - though perfectly balanced with lightheartedness - feel (I agree with Det. Ryan, those dolls were creepy!) in the episode, which is what personifies Castle and wonderfully fit its show description.

Don't get me wrong, I'm one of those fans that enjoys all Castle episodes. I am by no means a critic, just a fan. I just really loved this episode. This 'Once Upon a Crime' stayed true to its pun as we reminisce in delight when we all first fell in love with Castle, 'Once Upon a Time' :)
  • Once Upon a Crime (spoiler alert for states to the west)

Another fun episode...

I love how Castle gets totally into the weirdness of NYC murders.

Kate's invited to Mom's reading ... Not enough Scotch in the bottle ... Quite possibly not enough Scotch in NYC. Hee.

Ryan: Ever since Chuckie I haven't been able to look at a doll. >> HA! <<

Hmmm... Sleeping Beauty still alive ... how interesting.

Castle: You look cute when you're angry. >> Hee. <<

I was disappointed that Alexis wasn't working the scene with Lanie.

Castle to Kate: You'd use a gun on my mother? I'm touched. (Yes, Castle, you are.)

The killer is betrayed by a vertical bow.

Awww.. Mom's greatest role was as a mother. And then she shoots Rick down.