Castle

Once Upon A Crime

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Feb 27, 2012 on ABC

• Aaaah! back to basics.

By that, I mean disagreeing with "thefanoff" (shame there aren't smilies here).

I certainly didn't fall asleep with this episode bouncing along at a decent pace and no idiotic mytharcs to ruin the "vibe".

Back to some decent character interaction and a few good chuckles, if not outright laughs here with the unfortunately limited volume bottle of Scotch coming out on top.

And there is actually hope for Stana Katic as we saw her (apparently), eating something. Miracles do happen!

I liked the concept of the show with it's fairytail theme. Pity Shrek didn't show up, somehow but the case breaker of the "vertical bow" was ridiculous, to say the least.

Being not even slightly PC, I havebeen of the opinion that tying bows behind ones back is firmly the domain of the female of the species and they're usually damned good at it, so an incorrectly tied bow would NEVER be a clue here.

The bow had obviously been placed "just so" to trail out the ends of the material across the bed and would have been correct for the apparent "crime".

I note Capt. Gates is MIA again this week!

Ikeep hoping Castle will somehow win her over but it seems it isn't going to happen.

Anyway, while not worthy of a 9 rating and most certainly NOT a 10, a good episode and I have high hopes for the rest of the season to get me back in love with the show.
3XK