Castle

Punked

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Oct 11, 2010 on ABC

• Still great but in need of a little pick-up!

While Castle remains a fun and engaging show, the episode "Punked" was no where near the best. The episode, promoted as being about a steampunk society, featured very little of the actual steampunk characters. This felt like a bit of a waste--the characters in the costumed party could have been expanded on and used in more interesting ways. The team dynamics are still good and Castle and Beckett are full of their usual charm and wit, but something is beginning to lack. So far the season has been fairly dry. Every episode (except the premiere) has been strictly about the case. There hasn't been a lot of character exploration. I'd like to know more about the background characters, namely Espesito and Ryan. Also, I'd like more Castle/Beckett moments. I know the producers are playing a will-they-won't-they game, but they can't hang their audience completely out to dry. The audience needs little looks and moments to nibble at while they wait for the inevitable hook up. In a shorter summary, more action, more romance, more backstories!