Castle

Recoil

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Feb 04, 2013 on ABC

• Narrow Margin

This is another episode that takes an unfun turn, when Kate's demon named Senator Braden rears his ugly head once more; and this is a sittuation where either way it goes the good guys lose.

You just have an uncomfortable and sick feeling inside from begining to end. Kate's not alone, Castle and her friends hate this guys guts just as much, I could tell from their looks their blood was boiling just as ours was. Esposito struggles not to put a bullet in his brain, and there was even one moment when both Castle and Braden were talking and Braden tries to compare himself to Caste. But then Castle replies back saying their not the same and he's right because Castle has humanity in his heart, Braden has no heart. And there was a dark but great quote Castle says in that scene which wiped the smirk off Braden's face for a moment. From things like this I really don't blame them for their discomfort and anger, the mission to protect Braden is like asking them to protect a member of the Third Reich. The suspense is good, were in their shoes constantly in conflict as to whether they should suceed or not, but also what the right thing to do really is.

This episode in a way reminds me a little of a Dennis Lehane novel, where most of his stories always touched upon protagonists facing a gray area with both the law and their concious. And that's basically the theme in this epsiode. Kate makes a good point in one scene when she says, even if we find the assasin someone much worse will be free. It really is a sick thought when you think about it, what if their making a mistake protecting this scumsucker, what if he's Adolf Hitler about to rise to power and this is the only chance to off him. In the end we do see Kate come through but not to save Braiden but the law.

I don't give this more credit because I have a few quibs. One, Castle didn't have enough to do, let alone wasn't in the episode that long. Two, the pacing was a bit slow and not a lot happened to move things.

Overall this I feel is a very good if uneasy episode to watch, if Senator Braden does return I feel it should be for the last time, either in a body bag or an iso cube (prison) makes no differnce to me or Kate. Sometimes the line between right and wrong is a narrow margin.
ABC