Castle

Monday 10:00 PM on ABC Premiered Mar 09, 2009 In Season

TesserT

Castle Fan Reviews (261)

• leave castle alone

the only show I watch I am suffering anxiety problems castle make it go away for an hour because I get involved in it .
  • still waiting for

series 5 in the UK
  • Castle is my Favorite show

Keep going with this show ABC. Look forward to it each week and watch the reruns as well. Castle and Beckett becoming Hart to Hart?
  • Castle

Yes. Keep it on. Awesome Show!!
  • What about some new angles?

I will be seriously upset if Castle will not be back for Season 8, because it is the only show that makes me want to watch TV. Rick Castle and Kate Beckett are my 21st century Jonathan and Jennifer Hart. Watching the episodes this season, I believe the writers can focus more on relationships and not so much with how the cast solve crimes, which could be the secondary themes instead of the first. I would like to see more romance between the married Rick and Kate, episodes on how their work affects and test their love for each other, and their dealings with the people they love - Castle's mom, his daughter, Kate's dad, Ryan's to wife Jenny, Alexis' being away at college, etc. How about bringing more love scenes between Rick and Kate, without any phone interruption as they are about to get hot in bed? This shouldn't be difficult because these two have the most amazing chemistry on the small screen. And what happened between Javier and Lanie - will they ever get back together and if not, will they ever have at least a personal life? This show will never lose its appeal for me; they can go on until Kate gets pregnant, Alexis graduates from college and settle, until Martha becomes a Broadway success even at her age, until Captain Gates turns coat and starts liking Castle, until Javi and Lanie realize they are truly meant for each other, etc. Walker, Texas Ranger went on for 11 seasons; why can't Castle last that long too? Life is rich and there are so many angles of it that the writers can explore.
  • How can we bring it back up?

OK. So first I just wanted to say, why is everyone hating so much? Yes the show isn't as good as it used to be, but some of the stuff written here is really rude. Anyway, I think that Castle was an amazing show from seasons 1-5. Season 6 was good, but now season 7 is kind of falling apart. I really don't want the show to end, and I think that the writers need to bring back the magic they had in seasons 1-5. I think Castle can still continue to be a good show, and that the writers should really go back and watch the episodes they wrote in like season 2 and 3 and try to make more episodes like that. And also less season finales with like someone being "killed" or kidnapped. What I had in mind was the season finale being Beckett and Castle finally going on that honeymoon they were supposed to go on and then through the episode Beckett has like pregnancy symptoms. Then right at the end of the episode they're about to board the plane when Beckett throws up and tell castle she thinks shes pregnant.

Also the writers should really read some some fanfiction because those should really be turned into episodes. Like fanfiction is life. Lots of fanfiction is better than actual episodes. I think that is the writers get ideas from fanfiction Castle could go back to being an amazing show!!
  • Unbelievable accent!

I'm watching episode 20 from Season 4 (The Limey). A central character in the plot is a Scotland Yard detective ie a Brit. Not just that, but one who was born in the East End of London.

The moment the actor playing the part opened his mouth I thought 'why is an Australian actor pretending to put on a British accent'. It's really terrible! I googled the actor and discovered that he is indeed Australian.

I lived in the US for years and was constantly surprised by how many people thought I was either Australian or South African. So is it that the programme makers didn't think a US audience would spot the difference, that they thought it didn't matter (in which case why does he have a go at doing a British accent every so often before giving up again?!) or could they just not tell?! It's amusingly appalling.
  • Castle

I think from where the show itself has headed right now has improved its ratings after the disaster in season 6 ending. Right now if you ask any viewer you would expect them to say yes to continuation of the Season from 8 onward's to maybe 9 or 10 for grand finale ending. That is if the cast and crew are interested in taking it further on. But if they think that they want to end it all on season 7 and not extend to any further episodes then all of us as the community will have to move on to seeing shows such as the arrow or The Mentalist, since there wouldn't be a point to watch castle. At this moment it is the highest watched show above all others so my suggestion goes to the crew and cast chose wisely when you want to end the season since public votes and approval ratings have gone up yet again for this

show. And I assume you guys don't want to disappoint us the public.
  • Castle

There was a time I watched TNT virtually every night. The Closer, Major Crimes, Perception, The Mentalist. But justnight after night of Castle Castle Castle. I dont even bother to tune in any more. This boring ass soap opera is tired and formulaic and worst of all TNT plays it incessently. Every fucking night. Multiple episodes in row. It's their entire prime time line up. HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT. I will not watch TNT whenever it is on. They have other programs I enjoy but they marathon this one without any sense of mercy or balance. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT!!!!!!!!!
  • take this into consideration! !!

I dont get what everyone says is so good about the show. I do admit i used to love it i have all the seasons and watch every show but theres nothing to look forward to anymore its like the writers have nothing new to offer. They use the same people even the extras are the same they show mostly the same scenes in the same places too like come on. There usually is a big thriller in every season and ive started to notice the murder at the begining of the show is the same as other shows in previous seasons and the same clothes even somtimes and not to mention the kidnapping some one answers the phone and its the character that got kidnapped and then someone always as soon as they know who it is they act all surprised and someones got to turn there head and as something stupid that everyone expects not to mention i heared that usually in every single episode someone carries a richard castle book and i look for it every time and its hard to spot but its the book i mean like really and everyone knows the story they use for every episode it hasnt become more sespensful since the beginning i belive you have to grow with your audience not keep it the same you hace to scare them or worry them for every moment of each episode and change it up not keep it the same if the writers did that people like me wouldnt pick up on props and fake stuff every episode i have to watch even more closely now that there repeating the same incidents please someone take this edvice its all true and maybe just maybe youll see it too did i mention im 13 and i used to see the show when i was little and get so scared and know i think to myself why would you be scared if it was soo AviobviouslY fake i rate it a 3 out of 5
  • Hopefully, this is the last Kidnap plot

4.5
    I quit watching Bones because it became the "Cleetus and Brandine Go Undercover" show. Other shows have fallen into repetitive plots and failed. Hopefully, Castle can avoid this mistake and keep moving. Shows such as NCIS have re-invented themselves for the better. A new, fresh approach for Castle will keep the show alive, but falling on trite quick-thrill plots will signal the end. However, if the writers can't pull it off, it's been a good run. Keep your fingers crossed folks, one more season is pretty much guaranteed, let's hope Castle can keep going for a few more years.
  • Please change back to the old castle!

I really do not get why they changed a format for Castle that was so successful

??? Please they need to go back to the original one.

I am really bored with this way.
  • Bring back the original Castle

I stopped horrible, dumb and stupid. You took all the joy out of watching.
  • Get new writers

Castle is following the path of NCIS Los Angles. Castle sees a murder doesn't call the police. Instead, he follows the murderer into the woods at night unarmed. How dumb do the writers think we are?
  • Listen To Your Fans!

I love the show. No doubt it is fun and predictable. Thankfully it doesn't have the graphic violence, over the top sex scenes and drama that is ridiculous. It is a great show.. Creative and engages your imagination.

However, so far I'm not liking the new direction. It feels as though it has lost its connection between the characters. I hope the creators will re-consider the new direction before the audience decides to leave.

I have also heard this may be the last season for Castle. I hope this isn't the case. Please bring the story line back that we all love and keep the show on the air. Don't leave us without Castle.
  • Predictable but fun

The culprit is always the person who is given a small part at the start of the investigation, but still fun to watch the process of connecting the dots.
  • 1920s Series

I cant be the only one who wants to see castle in a Pi series set in the 20s......
  • Don't lose your audience in the plot twists

Last night's episode of Castle should make one thing apparent to Nathan Fillion - The title might be Castle, but the premise doesn't work as well without Beckett and the 12th. The plot twist where Castle is excluded from the precinct because of this tie to the mob, unlike the other ties we're aware of, has not only taken the story in the wrong direction, it has drained the life out of the characters. There is a palpable difference in the energies of all the characters when they aren't together. Stana might need Nathan, but he needs her just as much. End this madness and get back to good story lines.
  • This change should be shot

The series worked fine with Beckett and Castle et al 12th precinct working together and homelike with Mom and Alexis...

Now it is horrible. ... if this continues I am done watching. ..

Bring back the TEAM!!
  • Like the P. I. angle

Nice change of pace, the whole We can't work together but we're working together but competing against each other thing, but ultimately the show doesn't work without Castle and Beckett together at the 12th so how does Castle eventually return? My gut feeling is that it will be Captain Gates that masterminds his return and in a Gates/Beckett moment (like Beckett and Castle's season 2x13 "If you tell anybody what i'm about to say there's going to be another shooting" ) That Gates wild theories and speculation aside likes and respects Castle as an investigator and considers him an asset to the 12th. Like I said gut feeling because it's the most unlikely scenario.
  • Suggestions for future story lines...

January 14, 2015.

I give up. I quit. Fillion's overacting has turned Castle into an affectatious buffoon, and Katic's syrupy, gag me with sweetness, has turned Becket into a pom pom girl.

Can anyone say Moonlighting? Heck, at this point, I'd swop.

I used to love this show primarily for the characters. The story lines were okay, but nothing extraordinary. Now I despise it for the same reason. Go away.

This show couldn't rate a 10 even if it was graded on a curve. Pathetic and sad.

December 9, 2014

Unicorns, pookas, leprechauns, Peter Pan, Snow White & the 3 dwarfs...

I got it! Lanie finds a strand of Captain Montgomery's hair and clones him.

From the sublime to the ridiculous. Each episode, my eye cue drops by 20 points, which probably explains why I still watch. We'll see which one runs out first.

***

November 10, 2014

If I was at the theater, I would have walked out. As it was I was home, so I had to settle for the kitchen. It's the room farthest away from my TV. Had I stayed a moment longer watching, I would have been minus one TV right now, after it made its way out the window to the ground three flights below.

This is what we've waited seven years for? As bad and disappointing as the episode was, of greater disappointment was that the cast actually agreed to participate in such a lame insult to one of the most loyal fan bases ever.

Maybe for the next episode they can reincarnate Derrick Storm from the dead. At this point, I'll believe anything. And while we're on the subject of death, I think it's time to do a mercy killing of Castle. It's already beginning to smell like carrion.

Seeing as Zero isn't offered as a rating option, I'll amend it here. Zeroooooooooooooooo.

_________________________

Everything has a shelf life. Some longer than others. Some things go naturally, some from neglect and some because their purpose for being has ceased. Has Castle passed its peak?

A real sign that something has gone stale is when it takes a strained effort to do what once came naturally. This show prided itself on it's wonderful blend of contrasts, the heavy with the light, the serious with the humorous, the ridiculous with the sublime. They pointed, and rightfully so, to past movies such as "My Girl Friday" as being some of the show's sources for creative inspiration. Contrast and point/counterpoint can be very powerful devices in the creative arts, be it writing, music, painting, sculpture, architecture, acting.

However, how successful contrast works is due greatly to the strength and appropriateness of the juxtaposition each side provides the other. A yin yang kind of thing if you will.

The comical side to Castle worked because of how well the serious side played off of it. It was an intelligent brand of humor, that knew how far to stretch and push the artistic envelope before becoming silly, absurd and irrelevant. There was always an element of plausibility that made the show's contrasts work exceedingly well. Now they don't work at all.

There's obviously an ever widening disparity in fan's ratings, which typically doesn't bode well. Number 1 used to mean something different. There should be no confusion what it means here.

• Better and Better

so i will use nexus10 title (sorry for that ) but the show is actually getting better and better. its brilliant. every case is well played. it has a start and an ending. i m ok with the marriage cause it was time to move on. i love how they solve every case and it keeps me on edge to find out what really happened. i just love this show , its my only 10.
  • Better and Better

Like many of you when I saw the wedding go ahead I also had flashbacks to Tony and Jeanie and thought "Nooooo, don't do it" The sexual tension will dissipate and it will ruin the emotional dynamic of the entire show. Thank god, I was wrong, maybe not as steamy but just as good overall. Come on Season 8, can't wait.
  • All in all a good run !

Well starting with the first episode Castle caught the eye of almost everyone mainly due to nathan 's witty humour and stana 's beauty and the storyline was kept precise and ended with quite a nice climax of castle investigating Beckett's moms murder . Season 2 kept the graph growing at a steady rate and season 3 was epic with introduction of Montgomery as third cop and shooting of Beckett season 4 unexpectedly was quite a surprise with the death of Beckett s assassin and ended with Beckett finally accepting her feelings for castle with a glimpse of their love making. Season 5 was the best with drama action love romance and mystery which was accompanied by season 6. Season 7 is probably the first time where they have not yet shown promise but all in all it is quite an amazing show
  • Seasons 1 to 6 and 7 so far...

Looks like we all have our favorite episodes. I have watched all the episodes. I think Season 7 is slipping. I also like Seasons 1 and 2 - I prefer Beckett's shorter hair style and they are very funny. For storyline and acting, I very much like the two episodes "Pandora" and "Linchpin" in Season 4. Lots of details. Excellent acting from Stana, Nathan, Jennifer etc. Feels like watching a funny Bond movie instead of a TV programming.
  • A mixed bag

I have watched every episode in the seasons one through six, I did watch some of the season seven episodes. I am giving my thoughts on Castle chronologically. Season one was good, you had great characters, much development for them, at least for it being only ten episodes. Season two was also great, this season, and the third, are the ones with the best "Beckett's mom" moments. Season three is my favourite season. I mean, 3XK, Montgomery being the 3rd cop. The finale was great and it felt a little bit like "Lost" with the "everything ties in together"-stuff and it was good. But then season 4 came.... First of all, I hate Gates. End of that. Then, in the finale, we got to know who was the guy that had ordered Joanna Beckett dead. I was so disappointed. Senator Bracken is one of the WORST villains ever. A good villain has arrogance, way too much pride, being a gentleman, cocky, not afraid to kill someone, intimidating and EVIL!! Senator Bracken fails at the most important criterias.. He is not intimidating and he doesn't have the balls to kill someone himself. He is arrogant, much pride, cocky and he is being a gentleman to those oblivious to his crimes, but those are just small factors and would only make the villain look bad if he/she was intimidating or willing to kill/do something very bad. However, the hitman that killed Montgomery and the investigator of Joanna's case filled all those criterias, maybe not the cocky and gentleman part, but he was a better villain than Bracken. Season 5 was a season with not too much drama and I liked it. Season 6 was also a good one. I absolutely loved the 3XK episode there. But Pi or Pie or whatever he was called... I did not like him, but I kinda felt bad for him, idk why. Luckily he disappeared so it's fine. Season 7.. It was easy to see that they did not have a bigger mystery than the crimes in the episodes, so they came up with the Castle's disappearance thing and I really did not like that due to the writers trying so hard to get us into it and that is never a good thing IMO. Season 7 felt dull and without any humour. I get that Castle had a memory removal, but that doesn't mean that he should not have any humour. I did only watch episode 10, 2,3 and 4, those were without the goofy, crazy theory, and humourous Castle. The ending of season 7 was utter shit.. Just like the season 6 one. He helped find the murderer and since the mob boss cut his hand with a knife he can't work with the police. That made no sense.. Then again, that might have been intended.
  • must be the last season

the 6th and presumably last season has been all over the place from the episodes with becket in washington that painted the writers into a corner story wise to alexis doing detective last shown episode Veritas in any other season would have been a two parter as in the previous seasons, with the big finale their wedding. overall series has run its course the writers have run out of ideas or have given up.
  • I don't get it

How can anybody watch this show? Castle is an arrogant prick.
  • castle is the best

I love this show so much. I love the actors, crew, the show all around.

please bring it back for another season. this show makes me smile

through my hard times.
  • need a season 8

look it came to a rough start coming back but with football why would u give up watching Castle it's the best yes it could go further they need to have a kid and have more fun
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9