Castle

Monday 10:00 PM on ABC Premiered Mar 09, 2009 Between Seasons

TesserT

Castle Fan Reviews (270)

• The look on Beckett's face

When she grabbed Neimans wrist was classic she really looked so p***d and love the homage to the film serenity with the blood dripping from the scalpel instead of the axe weileded by River after killing the reavers, class!
  • September 21st is the day

when the waiting period will over
  • Can't Wait till the Next Season

I've got nothing to criticize about, Castle Season 7 was AMAZING, I Watched all 7 seasons more than 4 times I think and can't get enough of it, Season 7 finale was just AWESOME. Can't wait till the 8th season, Looking forward to it guys, Lots Of Love To The Cast And The Crew.
  • castle season 7 finale brought hopes to the series

5.5
    I totally agree that the show from the sixth season has been loosing its charm but this season 7 finale has brought big hopes to me.

Despite the necessary thriller part even though few parts of the mystery mask might sound like a child's play. But the dialogues by the end of the season finale was really great. I personally think that its a good start for the show to get back into its track. But I really didnt see the time travelers words coming true.

And in the end like Javier asked ,it still a question for us as well that in the nxt season whether we will hav the couple to solve the homicide or political corruptions, and if Beckett is gonna get busy in her campaign then we might not have

1. the caskett moments or

2. we might not have the crime mystery killer finding moments.

But still I have hope on the writers of Castle.

Im sure that even the Castle crew understood that the show is loosing its charm, as a result I could see the star cast a bit overacting in the last episode. I think this is because of the pressure which they might have faced through the TRPs.

As I am still a die hard fan of Castle's first few seasons I am hoping for the best in the future episodes in season 8.

. Castle chose his ruggedly handsome smiling giant picture which was selected by Beckett :D
  • Tie in to Time Traveler episode from last season

In season 6 there was an episode with a man claiming to be a time traveler from the future. He told Castle and Beckett that in the future they would be married, have 3 children, he would be a literary writer, and she would be a senator. Nice way to tie that in to this season finale!!
  • Suggestions for future story lines...

May 11, 2015

I taped last weeks episode just in case I had a change of heart and wanted to watch it.. something I haven't done in quite a while with Castle. A few minutes into it was enough to recall why I stopped watching. A once excellent show, a rarity for TV, is irrevocably mediocre. I'd rather bite into aluminum foil than watch another episode.

Kate has gone from being a tough, street smart detective with a sharp wit and a devilish, playful wry sense of humor to a fuzzy, mushy, cornball, super model turned debutante cop. This is the same person who dedicated her life to finding justice for her mother?

Gag me with a pitchfork!

What an awful turnaround and insult to what once was a great legacy.

I won't waste any words on Castle. His character is beyond pathetic. The only TV he's worthy of doing is a commercial for some diet program.

Over and out forever. This show sucks.

January 14, 2015.

I give up. I quit. Fillion's overacting has turned Castle into an affectatious buffoon, and Katic's syrupy, gag me with sweetness, has turned Becket into a pom pom girl.

Can anyone say Moonlighting? Heck, at this point, I'd swop.

I used to love this show primarily for the characters. The story lines were okay, but nothing extraordinary. Now I despise it for the same reason. Go away.

This show couldn't rate a 10 even if it was graded on a curve. Pathetic and sad.

December 9, 2014

Unicorns, pookas, leprechauns, Peter Pan, Snow White & the 3 dwarfs...

I got it! Lanie finds a strand of Captain Montgomery's hair and clones him.

From the sublime to the ridiculous. Each episode, my eye cue drops by 20 points, which probably explains why I still watch. We'll see which one runs out first.

***

November 10, 2014

If I was at the theater, I would have walked out. As it was I was home, so I had to settle for the kitchen. It's the room farthest away from my TV. Had I stayed a moment longer watching, I would have been minus one TV right now, after it made its way out the window to the ground three flights below.

This is what we've waited seven years for? As bad and disappointing as the episode was, of greater disappointment was that the cast actually agreed to participate in such a lame insult to one of the most loyal fan bases ever.

Maybe for the next episode they can reincarnate Derrick Storm from the dead. At this point, I'll believe anything. And while we're on the subject of death, I think it's time to do a mercy killing of Castle. It's already beginning to smell like carrion.

Seeing as Zero isn't offered as a rating option, I'll amend it here. Zeroooooooooooooooo.

_________________________

Everything has a shelf life. Some longer than others. Some things go naturally, some from neglect and some because their purpose for being has ceased. Has Castle passed its peak?

A real sign that something has gone stale is when it takes a strained effort to do what once came naturally. This show prided itself on it's wonderful blend of contrasts, the heavy with the light, the serious with the humorous, the ridiculous with the sublime. They pointed, and rightfully so, to past movies such as "My Girl Friday" as being some of the show's sources for creative inspiration. Contrast and point/counterpoint can be very powerful devices in the creative arts, be it writing, music, painting, sculpture, architecture, acting.

However, how successful contrast works is due greatly to the strength and appropriateness of the juxtaposition each side provides the other. A yin yang kind of thing if you will.

The comical side to Castle worked because of how well the serious side played off of it. It was an intelligent brand of humor, that knew how far to stretch and push the artistic envelope before becoming silly, absurd and irrelevant. There was always an element of plausibility that made the show's contrasts work exceedingly well. Now they don't work at all.

There's obviously an ever widening disparity in fan's ratings, which typically doesn't bode well. Number 1 used to mean something different. There should be no confusion what it means here.

• Renewed? Yes! Refreshed? We'll see

I have been a Castle fan since day 1, but I have to admit that the last few seasons have not really been 'must see' television. The show often sits on my DVR for weeks before I get around to watching it. However, I am glad that they renewed it for another season and I have some hope. Since the show runner is not returning, perhaps new blood will bring back some of the magic and whimsy that made this show great. What ever happened to the first couple seasons when Castle had a connection to everybody (used his influence in the pilot to speed up forensics, got a judge to sign off on a search warrant, etc) ? Maybe the new show runner will also remember that Castle IS a celebrity and a fabulously rich one. Nobody ever seems to recognize Castle in the last few seasons and as he has been one of New York's top ten eligible bachelors for several years (prior to his marriage of course), he should really be recognizable nearly everywhere he goes. I don't mind Beckett and Castle being married as they seem to make it work for the show (unlike Bones, which I just stopped watching all together). I just hope that they either breathe fresh life into the show or they end it next season.
  • I think 'meh' sums it up.

I was a late comer to Castle. Watched the first 4 or so seasons back to back and at first I was really hooked, loved the style of the show and I've always been a Fillion fan. However, recent seasons just don't seem to be able to hold my interest. I can't even put my finger on it exactly. Perhaps its the lack of a real direction, typical of this kind of show, with the main ongoing plot initially being the romance of the leads. But since that's moot (dare I say repetitive) now it's just turned into a week by week yawn fest. I still like the characters, just isn't a real reason to watch them and hasn't been for a while.
  • This show needs new writers

Ever since season 5, this show has been going downhill. Last nights episode was the worst! If the writers can't come up with some more interesting story lines, then they should not have a season 8, it should be taken off the air. Sorry everyone!
  • Castle is one of my favorite shows.

I love the the show. I wait for it each week and I watch the reruns. I love watching castle and beckett each week.
  • leave castle alone

the only show I watch I am suffering anxiety problems castle make it go away for an hour because I get involved in it .
  • still waiting for

series 5 in the UK
  • Castle is my Favorite show

Keep going with this show ABC. Look forward to it each week and watch the reruns as well. Castle and Beckett becoming Hart to Hart?
  • Castle

Yes. Keep it on. Awesome Show!!
  • What about some new angles?

I will be seriously upset if Castle will not be back for Season 8, because it is the only show that makes me want to watch TV. Rick Castle and Kate Beckett are my 21st century Jonathan and Jennifer Hart. Watching the episodes this season, I believe the writers can focus more on relationships and not so much with how the cast solve crimes, which could be the secondary themes instead of the first. I would like to see more romance between the married Rick and Kate, episodes on how their work affects and test their love for each other, and their dealings with the people they love - Castle's mom, his daughter, Kate's dad, Ryan's to wife Jenny, Alexis' being away at college, etc. How about bringing more love scenes between Rick and Kate, without any phone interruption as they are about to get hot in bed? This shouldn't be difficult because these two have the most amazing chemistry on the small screen. And what happened between Javier and Lanie - will they ever get back together and if not, will they ever have at least a personal life? This show will never lose its appeal for me; they can go on until Kate gets pregnant, Alexis graduates from college and settle, until Martha becomes a Broadway success even at her age, until Captain Gates turns coat and starts liking Castle, until Javi and Lanie realize they are truly meant for each other, etc. Walker, Texas Ranger went on for 11 seasons; why can't Castle last that long too? Life is rich and there are so many angles of it that the writers can explore.
  • How can we bring it back up?

OK. So first I just wanted to say, why is everyone hating so much? Yes the show isn't as good as it used to be, but some of the stuff written here is really rude. Anyway, I think that Castle was an amazing show from seasons 1-5. Season 6 was good, but now season 7 is kind of falling apart. I really don't want the show to end, and I think that the writers need to bring back the magic they had in seasons 1-5. I think Castle can still continue to be a good show, and that the writers should really go back and watch the episodes they wrote in like season 2 and 3 and try to make more episodes like that. And also less season finales with like someone being "killed" or kidnapped. What I had in mind was the season finale being Beckett and Castle finally going on that honeymoon they were supposed to go on and then through the episode Beckett has like pregnancy symptoms. Then right at the end of the episode they're about to board the plane when Beckett throws up and tell castle she thinks shes pregnant.

Also the writers should really read some some fanfiction because those should really be turned into episodes. Like fanfiction is life. Lots of fanfiction is better than actual episodes. I think that is the writers get ideas from fanfiction Castle could go back to being an amazing show!!
  • Unbelievable accent!

I'm watching episode 20 from Season 4 (The Limey). A central character in the plot is a Scotland Yard detective ie a Brit. Not just that, but one who was born in the East End of London.

The moment the actor playing the part opened his mouth I thought 'why is an Australian actor pretending to put on a British accent'. It's really terrible! I googled the actor and discovered that he is indeed Australian.

I lived in the US for years and was constantly surprised by how many people thought I was either Australian or South African. So is it that the programme makers didn't think a US audience would spot the difference, that they thought it didn't matter (in which case why does he have a go at doing a British accent every so often before giving up again?!) or could they just not tell?! It's amusingly appalling.
  • Castle

I think from where the show itself has headed right now has improved its ratings after the disaster in season 6 ending. Right now if you ask any viewer you would expect them to say yes to continuation of the Season from 8 onward's to maybe 9 or 10 for grand finale ending. That is if the cast and crew are interested in taking it further on. But if they think that they want to end it all on season 7 and not extend to any further episodes then all of us as the community will have to move on to seeing shows such as the arrow or The Mentalist, since there wouldn't be a point to watch castle. At this moment it is the highest watched show above all others so my suggestion goes to the crew and cast chose wisely when you want to end the season since public votes and approval ratings have gone up yet again for this

show. And I assume you guys don't want to disappoint us the public.
  • Castle

There was a time I watched TNT virtually every night. The Closer, Major Crimes, Perception, The Mentalist. But justnight after night of Castle Castle Castle. I dont even bother to tune in any more. This boring ass soap opera is tired and formulaic and worst of all TNT plays it incessently. Every fucking night. Multiple episodes in row. It's their entire prime time line up. HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT. I will not watch TNT whenever it is on. They have other programs I enjoy but they marathon this one without any sense of mercy or balance. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT!!!!!!!!!
  • take this into consideration! !!

I dont get what everyone says is so good about the show. I do admit i used to love it i have all the seasons and watch every show but theres nothing to look forward to anymore its like the writers have nothing new to offer. They use the same people even the extras are the same they show mostly the same scenes in the same places too like come on. There usually is a big thriller in every season and ive started to notice the murder at the begining of the show is the same as other shows in previous seasons and the same clothes even somtimes and not to mention the kidnapping some one answers the phone and its the character that got kidnapped and then someone always as soon as they know who it is they act all surprised and someones got to turn there head and as something stupid that everyone expects not to mention i heared that usually in every single episode someone carries a richard castle book and i look for it every time and its hard to spot but its the book i mean like really and everyone knows the story they use for every episode it hasnt become more sespensful since the beginning i belive you have to grow with your audience not keep it the same you hace to scare them or worry them for every moment of each episode and change it up not keep it the same if the writers did that people like me wouldnt pick up on props and fake stuff every episode i have to watch even more closely now that there repeating the same incidents please someone take this edvice its all true and maybe just maybe youll see it too did i mention im 13 and i used to see the show when i was little and get so scared and know i think to myself why would you be scared if it was soo AviobviouslY fake i rate it a 3 out of 5
  • Hopefully, this is the last Kidnap plot

4.5
    I quit watching Bones because it became the "Cleetus and Brandine Go Undercover" show. Other shows have fallen into repetitive plots and failed. Hopefully, Castle can avoid this mistake and keep moving. Shows such as NCIS have re-invented themselves for the better. A new, fresh approach for Castle will keep the show alive, but falling on trite quick-thrill plots will signal the end. However, if the writers can't pull it off, it's been a good run. Keep your fingers crossed folks, one more season is pretty much guaranteed, let's hope Castle can keep going for a few more years.
  • Please change back to the old castle!

I really do not get why they changed a format for Castle that was so successful

??? Please they need to go back to the original one.

I am really bored with this way.
  • Bring back the original Castle

I stopped horrible, dumb and stupid. You took all the joy out of watching.
  • Get new writers

Castle is following the path of NCIS Los Angles. Castle sees a murder doesn't call the police. Instead, he follows the murderer into the woods at night unarmed. How dumb do the writers think we are?
  • Listen To Your Fans!

I love the show. No doubt it is fun and predictable. Thankfully it doesn't have the graphic violence, over the top sex scenes and drama that is ridiculous. It is a great show.. Creative and engages your imagination.

However, so far I'm not liking the new direction. It feels as though it has lost its connection between the characters. I hope the creators will re-consider the new direction before the audience decides to leave.

I have also heard this may be the last season for Castle. I hope this isn't the case. Please bring the story line back that we all love and keep the show on the air. Don't leave us without Castle.
  • Predictable but fun

The culprit is always the person who is given a small part at the start of the investigation, but still fun to watch the process of connecting the dots.
  • 1920s Series

I cant be the only one who wants to see castle in a Pi series set in the 20s......
  • Don't lose your audience in the plot twists

Last night's episode of Castle should make one thing apparent to Nathan Fillion - The title might be Castle, but the premise doesn't work as well without Beckett and the 12th. The plot twist where Castle is excluded from the precinct because of this tie to the mob, unlike the other ties we're aware of, has not only taken the story in the wrong direction, it has drained the life out of the characters. There is a palpable difference in the energies of all the characters when they aren't together. Stana might need Nathan, but he needs her just as much. End this madness and get back to good story lines.
  • This change should be shot

The series worked fine with Beckett and Castle et al 12th precinct working together and homelike with Mom and Alexis...

Now it is horrible. ... if this continues I am done watching. ..

Bring back the TEAM!!
  • Like the P. I. angle

Nice change of pace, the whole We can't work together but we're working together but competing against each other thing, but ultimately the show doesn't work without Castle and Beckett together at the 12th so how does Castle eventually return? My gut feeling is that it will be Captain Gates that masterminds his return and in a Gates/Beckett moment (like Beckett and Castle's season 2x13 "If you tell anybody what i'm about to say there's going to be another shooting" ) That Gates wild theories and speculation aside likes and respects Castle as an investigator and considers him an asset to the 12th. Like I said gut feeling because it's the most unlikely scenario.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9