Castle

Monday 10:00 PM on ABC Premiered Mar 09, 2009 In Season

TesserT

Castle Fan Reviews page 2 of 8

• Good, great show for nxt gen

It's one of the best Shows ever. It has severely stimulated me to become an investigator!!!
  • Thoughts

Castle is my favorite show, I find it so interesting, I had only started watching recently and I am all up to speed and waiting for the next episode.

I am just IN LOVE with this show and I am glad I found this website to occupy my time while I wait for this new episode. :)
  • Even with the Hype, not a bad episode

The hype leading up to this episode was tremendous. It kind of made the expectations that this episode would be in the top 3. While not quite that high, it brought out a lot to think about and made room for further episodes to come and can keep the show fresh for a 7th season.

Stana Katic was great. This episode just confirmed why she won the People's choice award. The range of emotion (joy to sorrow to determination) was large and she pulled it off without a hitch.

Interesting thought, can Beckett and Castle use Elena Markov as the "knife" to put an end to Bracken. She seems to be the most direct link to him.
  • Castle

boring copy cat procedural
  • not too bad

Mediocre show, obviously the first several seasons are the better ones, but that's normal. I just got a few questions...

Are all doors in the states really made out of cheap wood, or is it just for filming reasons? I'd like to see them bastards taking down any door at where I'm from with a kick, lol. All doors here are made out of steel, and the frames have steel pillars buried deep into the surrounding walls. NYPD open up, my ass

Same goes for credit cards and checks. Does everybody really pay like that? Nobody uses cash? No wonder they have such a high crime solving rate:))
  • I love it when shows do that

OK, I started watching the show for the first time three months back on DVD. The first two seasons were great and then in season 3 a drop began. I powered through season 4, almost ready to give it up and then season 5 happened and the show exploded again.

I love shows that know when they reached a low point and managed to reinvent themselves. I love how season five is as quirky, light-hearted and funny as season 1 without losing the seriousness of the main story. Go on Castle.
  • Beckett's Engagement to Castle

I fail to understand after complaining where their relationship is going Beckett doesn't wear her engagement ring. Perhaps its a sign of problems to come.
  • Fun mystery show with good characters, acting, and plots

In 2013, I was channel surfing and, by wild coincidence, found TNT running the start of a 'Castle' marathon, which runs almost daily, with at least 4 episodes a day, presumably as an intro to the upcoming sixth season. Great timing!

Take a writer, a la "Murder She Wrote," add a hard-boiled police detective, a la "Magnum, and you have a fast-paced crime drama with a touch of comedy.

I could ramble on about the unexpected plots, good, believable, performances, and good writing (I'm in the middle of season 4, and, to date, have predicted only ONE line of banter!), etc, etc, etc, but, I don't think I could do it justice, because, this is not your average detective show! Even the titular character's family is well-designed to be just peripheral to the show: A few minutes of banter, and maybe even an inadvertent line that cracks the case wide open; a good grounding to make him into a multi-dimensional character (watch any episode of NYPD or CSI, and you'd be hard-pressed to find anything, but two-dimensional characters). And, not to put too fine a "point" on it, but I even like the incredibly brief "theme" (you'll understand why I put those two words in quotes when you watch it! I also like that they, occasionally, change the theme's video and music to match the plot, such as using snow, a candy cane, and transposing Xmas-y music, in an episode where "Santa" is - - er, um - - "offed" (gotta dumb it down for the kids, ya know!)). ;)

If I have any criticism, it's that the titular character's actor is sometimes a little too "cute"; you'd think a millionaire writer would be a little more reclusive and stoic, a la "Bruce Wayne," not jocular and boyish, or at least, not every minute! Also, he seems to be putting on weight; it's easy to see when you're viewing entire seasons in mere days! His growing pudginess (especially around the face) is somewhat distracting, and, I hope, someone tells him to go on a diet and exercise (possible show idea: "Castle's" doctor tells him as much, and then the doctor is killed!). ;)

I look forward to watching the daily run from my DVD recorder (I'm not always home when it runs and I like being able to skip commercials)!

[Update July 17] They are already re-running the reruns! It stopped two episodes shy of the end of the 4th season. Fortunately, those and the 5th season are available on the web; there's more than one site, but, I can't reveal which one I use, because, I'm afraid that, if I do, it'll get more hits, which could mean slower bandwidth and poorer display, and, for all I know, it is showing them illegally, which means it could go away before I can see all of season 5!).

[Update Nov 25]

I got fully caught up with the series a few weeks ago, and am liking the 5th season, but, not as much as the previous seasons. I am aware of the "TV marriage curse," in which characters who make a major life change mid-series, often go down the tubes (pun intended), so, I'm hoping that they'll break it off (I'm not fond of them shacking-up as it is!).
  • Love Castle!!

As a huge fan of murder mysteries, the premise of Castle immediately grabbed my attention. I still love it!! And the characters have grown as well. Always happy to see that!
  • Get Beckett Back, please

Back in another reality I worked for the Treasury Department. I was not in criminal enforcement, but I interacted with a number who were. None had a sense of humor. They were strictly business, strictly by the rules. I thought no less of them for it. But Beckett is not cut from that cloth. I can't imagine her FBI superiors accepting her sharing any information, let alone criminal evidence, with a civilian amateur.

The NYPD, at least in fiction, has a long record of doing that and it makes it much easier to accept.
  • family interaction

I really like the mother/Alexis/Castle interaction. But definitely don't like Alexis' new boyfriend. He is an idiot and doesn't fit her personality anyway. Needless character. Castle needs to quit being wishy-washy.

• Dont like the turn of events

If something works good why mess with it? Beckett and the rest of the group no longer working together sucks. This is the last season if they keep this up! Terrible. This show really sucks now!
  • love the show but....

Cannot stand the actress that plays his mother. She really brings the show down. Now they have added idiot character "Pie" (not even sure of his name). This really adds no value to the show. Can't they come up with a better way to add drama to the show? How about they have mom and daughter move out. Show would be 200% better.
  • "rick,where are we going?"

. I CAN NOT THINK OF ANY COMEDY/DRAMA THAT HAS AIRED IN THE LAST DECADE THAT HAS (FOR THE MOST PART) BEEN SO WELL CONSTRUCTED IN THE WRITING . THE CAST IS WELL BALANCED AND COHESIVE. CASTLE AND BECKETT COULD NOT BE PLAYED BY A MORE CONVINCING PAIR OF ACTORS. BECAUSE OF ALL THAT, THE "SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF" COMES VERY EASILY WITH THE SOMETIME EXAGGERATED STORY LINES.

NATHAN FILLION ANS STANA KATIC ARE CLASSICALLY PAIRED FOR THEIR ROLES OF THIS 21ST CENTURY VERSION OF "PRIDE AND PREJUDICE "

MY SINGLE CRITICISM IS WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WRITING IN THE LAST FOUR EPISODES OF THIS PAST SEASON? ALL OF THE WELL LAID OUT CHARACTERISTICS OF THE STARS OF THE SHOW WENT OFF IN WILD TANGENTS FROM WHAT HAD DEVELOPED IN THE PRIOR SEASONS.

THE WRITING COMPLETELY LOST CONTINUITY OF WHO THEY ARE. I CAN ONLY GUESS THAT SOME INTERNAL CONFLICT (WITH THE AUTHOR AND THE NETWORK ?) HAPPENED THAT CAUSED SUCH A REVERSAL OF QUALITY.

UPDATE; NOW THAT THE NEW SEASON HAS TWO EPISODES SHOWN, I THINK THAT THE STORY HAS BEEN HANDLED VERY WELL, THE DRAMA WAS CERTAINLY THERE AND THE BEGGING OF "A PERIOD OF ADJUSTMENT" FOR CASTLE AND BECKETT MADE SENSE . IT STILL HOLDS MY ATTENTION. THE NEW LOCATION AND NEW CHARACTERS ARE GOOD FOR NOW , AS LONG AS THE CASTLE INVOLVEMENT IN BECKETT'S " JOB " REMAINS INTACT SOMEHOW, I AM OK

I STILL HOLD WITH MY CRITICISM THAT THE FINAL THREE OR FOUR EPISODES OF LAST SEASON WERE OUT OF SYNC WITH ALL THAT WENT BEFORE. BUT AS WRITERS ARE ABLE TO DO, THEY CAN MAKE EVERYTHING WORK OUT, EVAN IF IT IS CONTRARY TO WHAT THEY HAVE HAD THE VIEWER EXPECT. AS FAR AS ALL THE CHANGES OF CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS, I HATE LEAVING WHAT IS EXPECTED AND COMFORTABLE, BUT TO CONTINUE WITH THE PREDICABLE IS LIKE MY SMALL CHILDREN LIKING TO WATCH THE SAME CARTOONS OVER AND OVER BECAUSE THEY KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN
  • If it is not broke do not fix it

Very disappointed. The show seems disjointed. The best part of the show was having Beckett and Castle in New York in the precinct working with and off of each other. I also do not like Beckett's "new hair". She looked some much better with the brunette color. The blonde looks weird and unnatural. Boring!
  • STILL LOVING CASTLE

Ok so not gonna lie at first I was no where r they taking this? I was I have to say I don't mind the little changes here and there I think all the new characters work well...

So far anyway . I think the writers r doing a great job as always very smart at how they approach things esp in this season. Its like putting ur foot in the pool to feel the water first before jumping in if they had chucked us in the deep end first I don't think it would have worked quite as well... now we all have our own opinions and mine is I like it and I'm still loving castle.
  • LOVE LOVE IT

CASTLE IS THE BEST SHOW ON TV

EVERYONE WORKS SO WELL TOGETHER. I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS SHOW. A GREAT BALANCE.

THE NYC ARENA HAS BEEN FABULOUS, NOT SURE HOW WASHINGTON IS GOING TO PLAY OUT, HOWEVER, I AM GAME.

CASTLE, BECKETT, MARTHA, ALEXIS, JAVIER, KEVIN, AND LANIE ARE THE BEST. GREAT CHEMISTRY. PLEASE KEEP THEM TOGETHER. . PLEASE KEEP THE SHOW ON THE AIR.
  • castle show

you have gone off the track it was a good show until now whereyou went with this show is off its track story not good keep it up you lose viewers a two what happen to the saying grame him and make babies? going to do it long way off?woman do change there mines don't they
  • BRILLIANT

Absolutely fabulous episode and on the edge of my seat for episode 2. It's obvious Castle isn't going to die but I cannot wait to see how they get out of this one!
  • Season 6 premiere

10 to the amazing Beckett/Stana Katic; 6.5 for Castle/Nathan Fillion and 3 to the writers....
  • Really?

Did not care for the young man Alexis brought home in Season 6. His character was overbearing and annoying. And to disrespect her father by not asking first if this person could stay in a guest room... Oh do, please, get him off!!!!
  • Disappointed!

We waited all day long to see this season's first episode last night. It seemed ridiculous that Castle, a talented writer with one piece of evidence solved the mystery before the FBI, with the help of the NYPD. It felt very uncomfortable to us; Beckett's in the FBI now, in Washington. Took me out of my comfort zone with the show. Not happy. Neither is my husband. It's been a great series; we think the writers need to do better. We don't want to see this show get cancelled. They've got the most talented cast!

Pam and Gordon Stater, Shawnee, OK
  • awesome

Never watched any show, used to think about people why they go crazy about some shows and their characters, so then castle happened to me and I understand,

Just 1 word for the team of castle AWESOME
  • Season 6 I Can't wait!!!!

Love the cast & writers!!!

Keeps getting better!!!
  • Great Chemistry!

I can't write reviews but this is what I like about the show.

I love these two together. I love Castle's quirkiness and one liners. The sexual tension between the two before season 5 is just too funny! Even after finally getting together they can still keep that wit about them. The cases are great and the writers who thought up tossing a 'writer' in to help solve crimes is clever in my book! LOVE Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic. Both are incredibly awesome actors! SO anxious for Season 6 and I'll be devastated when it all ends.
  • a great crime solving show

The show is great no matter what some people might say it is always fun to watch the characters figure out the cases. it hard to believe some of the story but in the end you learn how it possible that someone could do things like that .The thing I like about the show is they don't write a story so far out there that it makes it seem cheesy. I hope they keep the show going like castle said in the episode the lives of others when he toasted and said here's to 100 more. keep the show going great show
  • CASTLE IS MY OXYGEN.

Stana is an AMAZING actress regardless of what anyone says. how could you even TRY to say anything bad about her? castle is my LIFE. all the seasons are amazing. and every episode is amazing too. stana is the reason im alive. if you hate castle...

WATCH OUT. the castle fandom is coming for you.
  • September 2013

I can't wait for September. Season 6, here we come
  • CASTLE BEST SHOW EVER MADE

I just started watching this Show like last month when I bought the DVDs and I have to say this show is great. I really Hope Beckett says yes. I cant wait for season 6 when ever it starts anyone know?
  • Castle

love the show it is amazing i love all the seasons.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8