Castle

Monday 10:00 PM on ABC Premiered Mar 09, 2009 Between Seasons

TesserT

Castle Fan Reviews page 3 of 9

• Not what you might expect

When you read the description that a writer helps a NYPD Detective in her cases you might imagine that yes it's not very common but it will be a bit boring. But it so isn't. And that is thanks to the character of Castle, especially in the first couple of seasons he was the reason the series was not boring at all. The other characters, especially the Detectives are not something different from what every cop-series shows. Throughout the season we see the characters to evolve, especially the main ones. Castle becomes more mature, though not boring. I will not give a perfect Ten because there are quite a lot of mistakes. Some cases have huge gaps (like S05E05). But the series is more about the affair between Caskett so we should not judge it very strictly for the police plot. If you want to know every detail about the case, prefer shows like NCIS or CSI. Castle is not anywhere near that.
  • Better than average...

sometimes I find that the character of Castle is a big too much of a weenie. He does write crime novels not jingles for cereal do like the fact he takes the time to talk to his daughter & his Mom & I think the two support characters (the two cops who work with the real detective) are well done characters. Fun to watch-most of the time as long as Castle isn't being a weenie.
  • utter disappointment

As a previous die hard Castle fan, it has been very disappointing to see such a witty, simple show take a turn for the worst. In my opinion, the first 3 seasons were brilliant: cunning, light-hearted, and just a great show to keep up with. Like many other television shows, the playful banter and chemistry is taken away once the 2 leads (male and female) finally cut to the chase and begin the relationship that everyone patiently desired. It has been sad to see such a great show (including the fabulous cast) become an extremely predictable, mediocre television show. I was hoping this season finale would have concluded with a happy ending, seeing some closure for the relationship we all have loved from the start: instead, the writers threw yet another unnecessary, anticlimatic curveball to throw off the much needed happy ending. I hate to say it, but I hope that the show does come to an end soon before it looses all of its viewers.
  • Castle

Season finale was absolutely the worst ever. As a faithful viewer I expected better. I watched both new and reruns. I don't know at this point if I will ever watch another.
  • We hate the writers

Very poor ending for final on 5/12/14. We don't want another cliff hanger. This episode shows very poor judgment and writing skills. You just couldn't leave well enough alone and disappointed most viewers!
  • Very disappointing Final

2.5
    We have enjoyed the light touch in Castle for years and have looked froward all season to seeing Beckett walk down the aisle in a nice wedding gown; even, maybe, seeing her in an evening gown at a post wedding party. What do we get? A TV formula ending with neither imagination nor class. What a wasted opportunity to showcase Stana and Natha.
  • Cliff hangers getting old.

Couldn't have had a happy ending for a change? These cliff hangers are getting old especially when you know the 2 main characters are going to survive. Losing interest in this show fast. Cliff hangers like this show no imagination and should be reserved for the 1st episode of the season not the last. At this point it would have been more interesting if Castle was actually killed off then you could focus on Beckett, the cop, who has been pretty much the entire topic for a few seasons.

Great episode, no doubt with two endings. ABC picked up the option of season 7 so we got the cliff hanger. If they hadn't we would have got the "surprise!" ending now held over to next season. If memory serves, the last three lines of "The Lives of Others" provides a clue to the writers thinking. Can't wait to see if I'm right.
  • Where is the Castle in "Castle"? Did the show name changed to "Beckett"?

Have been a loyal fan since the beginning, but like Ikos said, they really have turned the strong, brilliant, caring, and super-star author Richard Castle into a real dope - especially this past year. They've actually managed to morph Castle into a "just another female cop" show.

--Don't get me wrong; we love Kate, but the shows name IS Castle. We hope they get back into the groove next season and give Richard his brains and strength back. He's why we watched the show.
  • CASTLE FINALE STINKS!! BAD ending, horrible! Will not watch anymore!!

WHAT THE HECK?!!!! What a TERRIBLE finale of CASTLE! It stunk to high heaven! What a horrible ending!!!?? WHAT was the author thinking! We are discussed with this kind of a finale and I think this is just going to hurt the fan base you need to keep this show you are going to do this crap to something that was supposed to be good and your show is not worth watching am so disappointed

• Love this show

Love this show
  • Castle: A Mystery Show about... a Wedding?

A good ensemble show utilizes characters in a way that is relevant to the plot. Espo & Ryan's fun banter. Alexis' teenage life drama. Someone in Castle's past. In all instances the commonality is that they are relevant to the case at hand. Well that's not what this show is anymore. This show is now entirely about the wedding. Every tedious tiniest detail of planning a wedding has now become the center of the show. The Venue, The DJ, The Invitations, The Best Man. The Dress. Every detail of wedding planning has been covered so much that the over-arching season long "big bad" isn't some psychotic criminal mastermind, it's... The Florist?!?!

Even if its your best friend then you want to go to the wedding but you don't want to hear every minute detail of their wedding plans, yet here we are on a fictional show and that's what we're getting. A TV show that has now put "The Wedding" as priority one and the very talented ensemble and even the Cases as background noise.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad all the shippers got what they want and turned yet another Genre show into some sort of "Fake World TV Relationship Fulfillment. But for those of us who tuned in because it was a fun show about wacky cases starring Nathan Fillion... well this show isn't made for us anymore.
  • Great Show lots of laughs

We love the show and have just found out ABC is cancelling the show. For whatever reason is beyond us but yet again we the viewers don't have a voice as to which shows get carried and which don't. We just lose another great show :'(
  • Good, great show for nxt gen

It's one of the best Shows ever. It has severely stimulated me to become an investigator!!!
  • Thoughts

Castle is my favorite show, I find it so interesting, I had only started watching recently and I am all up to speed and waiting for the next episode.

I am just IN LOVE with this show and I am glad I found this website to occupy my time while I wait for this new episode. :)
  • Even with the Hype, not a bad episode

The hype leading up to this episode was tremendous. It kind of made the expectations that this episode would be in the top 3. While not quite that high, it brought out a lot to think about and made room for further episodes to come and can keep the show fresh for a 7th season.

Stana Katic was great. This episode just confirmed why she won the People's choice award. The range of emotion (joy to sorrow to determination) was large and she pulled it off without a hitch.

Interesting thought, can Beckett and Castle use Elena Markov as the "knife" to put an end to Bracken. She seems to be the most direct link to him.
  • Castle

boring copy cat procedural
  • not too bad

Mediocre show, obviously the first several seasons are the better ones, but that's normal. I just got a few questions...

Are all doors in the states really made out of cheap wood, or is it just for filming reasons? I'd like to see them bastards taking down any door at where I'm from with a kick, lol. All doors here are made out of steel, and the frames have steel pillars buried deep into the surrounding walls. NYPD open up, my ass

Same goes for credit cards and checks. Does everybody really pay like that? Nobody uses cash? No wonder they have such a high crime solving rate:))
  • I love it when shows do that

OK, I started watching the show for the first time three months back on DVD. The first two seasons were great and then in season 3 a drop began. I powered through season 4, almost ready to give it up and then season 5 happened and the show exploded again.

I love shows that know when they reached a low point and managed to reinvent themselves. I love how season five is as quirky, light-hearted and funny as season 1 without losing the seriousness of the main story. Go on Castle.
  • Beckett's Engagement to Castle

I fail to understand after complaining where their relationship is going Beckett doesn't wear her engagement ring. Perhaps its a sign of problems to come.
  • Fun mystery show with good characters, acting, and plots

In 2013, I was channel surfing and, by wild coincidence, found TNT running the start of a 'Castle' marathon, which runs almost daily, with at least 4 episodes a day, presumably as an intro to the upcoming sixth season. Great timing!

Take a writer, a la "Murder She Wrote," add a hard-boiled police detective, a la "Magnum, and you have a fast-paced crime drama with a touch of comedy.

I could ramble on about the unexpected plots, good, believable, performances, and good writing (I'm in the middle of season 4, and, to date, have predicted only ONE line of banter!), etc, etc, etc, but, I don't think I could do it justice, because, this is not your average detective show! Even the titular character's family is well-designed to be just peripheral to the show: A few minutes of banter, and maybe even an inadvertent line that cracks the case wide open; a good grounding to make him into a multi-dimensional character (watch any episode of NYPD or CSI, and you'd be hard-pressed to find anything, but two-dimensional characters). And, not to put too fine a "point" on it, but I even like the incredibly brief "theme" (you'll understand why I put those two words in quotes when you watch it! I also like that they, occasionally, change the theme's video and music to match the plot, such as using snow, a candy cane, and transposing Xmas-y music, in an episode where "Santa" is - - er, um - - "offed" (gotta dumb it down for the kids, ya know!)). ;)

If I have any criticism, it's that the titular character's actor is sometimes a little too "cute"; you'd think a millionaire writer would be a little more reclusive and stoic, a la "Bruce Wayne," not jocular and boyish, or at least, not every minute! Also, he seems to be putting on weight; it's easy to see when you're viewing entire seasons in mere days! His growing pudginess (especially around the face) is somewhat distracting, and, I hope, someone tells him to go on a diet and exercise (possible show idea: "Castle's" doctor tells him as much, and then the doctor is killed!). ;)

I look forward to watching the daily run from my DVD recorder (I'm not always home when it runs and I like being able to skip commercials)!

[Update July 17] They are already re-running the reruns! It stopped two episodes shy of the end of the 4th season. Fortunately, those and the 5th season are available on the web; there's more than one site, but, I can't reveal which one I use, because, I'm afraid that, if I do, it'll get more hits, which could mean slower bandwidth and poorer display, and, for all I know, it is showing them illegally, which means it could go away before I can see all of season 5!).

[Update Nov 25]

I got fully caught up with the series a few weeks ago, and am liking the 5th season, but, not as much as the previous seasons. I am aware of the "TV marriage curse," in which characters who make a major life change mid-series, often go down the tubes (pun intended), so, I'm hoping that they'll break it off (I'm not fond of them shacking-up as it is!).
  • Love Castle!!

As a huge fan of murder mysteries, the premise of Castle immediately grabbed my attention. I still love it!! And the characters have grown as well. Always happy to see that!
  • Get Beckett Back, please

Back in another reality I worked for the Treasury Department. I was not in criminal enforcement, but I interacted with a number who were. None had a sense of humor. They were strictly business, strictly by the rules. I thought no less of them for it. But Beckett is not cut from that cloth. I can't imagine her FBI superiors accepting her sharing any information, let alone criminal evidence, with a civilian amateur.

The NYPD, at least in fiction, has a long record of doing that and it makes it much easier to accept.
  • family interaction

I really like the mother/Alexis/Castle interaction. But definitely don't like Alexis' new boyfriend. He is an idiot and doesn't fit her personality anyway. Needless character. Castle needs to quit being wishy-washy.

• Dont like the turn of events

If something works good why mess with it? Beckett and the rest of the group no longer working together sucks. This is the last season if they keep this up! Terrible. This show really sucks now!
  • love the show but....

Cannot stand the actress that plays his mother. She really brings the show down. Now they have added idiot character "Pie" (not even sure of his name). This really adds no value to the show. Can't they come up with a better way to add drama to the show? How about they have mom and daughter move out. Show would be 200% better.
  • "rick,where are we going?"

. I CAN NOT THINK OF ANY COMEDY/DRAMA THAT HAS AIRED IN THE LAST DECADE THAT HAS (FOR THE MOST PART) BEEN SO WELL CONSTRUCTED IN THE WRITING . THE CAST IS WELL BALANCED AND COHESIVE. CASTLE AND BECKETT COULD NOT BE PLAYED BY A MORE CONVINCING PAIR OF ACTORS. BECAUSE OF ALL THAT, THE "SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF" COMES VERY EASILY WITH THE SOMETIME EXAGGERATED STORY LINES.

NATHAN FILLION ANS STANA KATIC ARE CLASSICALLY PAIRED FOR THEIR ROLES OF THIS 21ST CENTURY VERSION OF "PRIDE AND PREJUDICE "

MY SINGLE CRITICISM IS WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WRITING IN THE LAST FOUR EPISODES OF THIS PAST SEASON? ALL OF THE WELL LAID OUT CHARACTERISTICS OF THE STARS OF THE SHOW WENT OFF IN WILD TANGENTS FROM WHAT HAD DEVELOPED IN THE PRIOR SEASONS.

THE WRITING COMPLETELY LOST CONTINUITY OF WHO THEY ARE. I CAN ONLY GUESS THAT SOME INTERNAL CONFLICT (WITH THE AUTHOR AND THE NETWORK ?) HAPPENED THAT CAUSED SUCH A REVERSAL OF QUALITY.

UPDATE; NOW THAT THE NEW SEASON HAS TWO EPISODES SHOWN, I THINK THAT THE STORY HAS BEEN HANDLED VERY WELL, THE DRAMA WAS CERTAINLY THERE AND THE BEGGING OF "A PERIOD OF ADJUSTMENT" FOR CASTLE AND BECKETT MADE SENSE . IT STILL HOLDS MY ATTENTION. THE NEW LOCATION AND NEW CHARACTERS ARE GOOD FOR NOW , AS LONG AS THE CASTLE INVOLVEMENT IN BECKETT'S " JOB " REMAINS INTACT SOMEHOW, I AM OK

I STILL HOLD WITH MY CRITICISM THAT THE FINAL THREE OR FOUR EPISODES OF LAST SEASON WERE OUT OF SYNC WITH ALL THAT WENT BEFORE. BUT AS WRITERS ARE ABLE TO DO, THEY CAN MAKE EVERYTHING WORK OUT, EVAN IF IT IS CONTRARY TO WHAT THEY HAVE HAD THE VIEWER EXPECT. AS FAR AS ALL THE CHANGES OF CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS, I HATE LEAVING WHAT IS EXPECTED AND COMFORTABLE, BUT TO CONTINUE WITH THE PREDICABLE IS LIKE MY SMALL CHILDREN LIKING TO WATCH THE SAME CARTOONS OVER AND OVER BECAUSE THEY KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN
  • If it is not broke do not fix it

Very disappointed. The show seems disjointed. The best part of the show was having Beckett and Castle in New York in the precinct working with and off of each other. I also do not like Beckett's "new hair". She looked some much better with the brunette color. The blonde looks weird and unnatural. Boring!
  • STILL LOVING CASTLE

Ok so not gonna lie at first I was no where r they taking this? I was I have to say I don't mind the little changes here and there I think all the new characters work well...

So far anyway . I think the writers r doing a great job as always very smart at how they approach things esp in this season. Its like putting ur foot in the pool to feel the water first before jumping in if they had chucked us in the deep end first I don't think it would have worked quite as well... now we all have our own opinions and mine is I like it and I'm still loving castle.
  • LOVE LOVE IT

CASTLE IS THE BEST SHOW ON TV

EVERYONE WORKS SO WELL TOGETHER. I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS SHOW. A GREAT BALANCE.

THE NYC ARENA HAS BEEN FABULOUS, NOT SURE HOW WASHINGTON IS GOING TO PLAY OUT, HOWEVER, I AM GAME.

CASTLE, BECKETT, MARTHA, ALEXIS, JAVIER, KEVIN, AND LANIE ARE THE BEST. GREAT CHEMISTRY. PLEASE KEEP THEM TOGETHER. . PLEASE KEEP THE SHOW ON THE AIR.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9