Castle

TesserT

Castle Fan Reviews page 3 of 8

• a classic tv error

5.5
    the sexual tension is gone they slept together a classic no no.

Now episodes r getting ridiculous so where will u go from here. ?

It was a great show but now it is going downhill fast.

I hope u can fix it
  • Awesome Show!!!

this is one of my favorites shows... keep getting better and better!!!!
  • Amazing Show!

To tell the truth, Castle isn't all about crime and investigations. In fact, it's more about how the unique characters intertwine with each other. A lot of these characters derive from other famous TV shows like Heroes and Bones.

When I first started watching, I thought this was just like other TV shows like Chuck and Bones because in all these shows, we have a couple who eventually will be with each other but hold their emotions back because of their jobs/occupations.

Guys, I've known about this show for about a year but it never caught my eyes. Eventually, when most of the TV shows I've watched ended, I transitioned to Castle to give it a try. Let me tell you, I totally do not regret this and I became instantly hooked.

Summary: TOTALLY AMAZING SHOW!
  • Wow such great characters.

This is one of the best shows on TV. Castle is truly a great character. Love his facial expressions and all the crazy things he does. Keep up the good work.
  • Answer to Andy

I read your review and respect the way you looked at the episode. I wanted to point out a couple of things

1) Alexis has always been casted as the "adult" is that family: she's been the one with the good judgement and the cool exterior - where Castle has been the wild child.

2) Could it be that Alexis's reaction is delayed for a couple of episodes? Or that she had a break off camera?

3) You ask - why do it? It put Castle in a position where the shoe was on the other foot, he was the helpless one with no answers and everything to lose. As for Alexis - it was time for her to grow as a character - this will change her. Maybe not right away - maybe it's a ticking time bomb that will go off when they least expect it.

4) Kate in the episode was about what I expected. When Gates said to do whatever she had to to get Alexis back, that gave her permission to follow her heart and allow Castle time alone with the suspect. It allowed her to let loose her frustrations at the girlfriend to find out that Alexis was the real target. What did surprise me is that Gates the by the book captain allowed it to happen at all.

Has Castle jumped the shark? my opinon, no. I didn't expect the story to end like it did - and would have liked it to be a three parter instead of two. Will they drop story - doubt it.

• Has Castle Jumped the Shark?

As much as I hate to say it, it might be time to call John Hein to pronounce that this great show has jumped the shark (although it might have jumped when they invented a criminal back story the original captain). I suppose I am ok with Alexis being kidnapped, and maybe even with the fact that Castle's father turned out to be Jason Bourne + 25, but the utter lack of any evidence of emotional trauma on the part of Alexis when she returned home is too much even for me. C'mon. I understand that this is TV and we have to suspend lots of disbelief - such as the premise itself that the police would permit a writer to tag along with the police and even interrogate witnesses, or the fiction that Kate Beckett is some sort of scary interrogater (I was a longtime Assistant DA and I can tell you from experience that Beckett isn't even a marginally good interrogater or the least bit intimidating in the box), but there is simply no way that this episode wouldn't scar Alexis for life. And why even do it? Alexis is a great character and sort of a Mayberry-esque perfect, idealized child, so why taint this character? As for the Caskett haters out there, take a deep breath. It had to happen. There are only just so many ways that the writers can drag out the inevitable. I had had enough of the dragging out two seasons ago. Now is the time for the writers to show that there is more to the show than the fake Hollywood tension.
  • Better than ever

I was beginning to worry about Castle last season and the start of this season but the last few episodes have been so good that all my doubts have been put at ease. Not to mention the sneak peeks at the season finale look to good for words. Hopefully Castle/Beckett's relationship will liven up a bit too. It seems a bit stale lately. We don't really want to see a realistic boring relationship. We want some more drama and excitement. (Don't get me wrong, I don't want soap opera type
  • EXCELLENT SHOW

One of the best shows on TV right now. People who are bored with the relationship between Castle and Beckett either need to go watch a soap opera so they can get relationship stuff for a full hour, or go watch HBO so they can get more nakedness.
  • Another Future Classic

I first noticed Nathan Fillion on the soap opera, One Life To Live. He was Victoria Lords son. He had a few shows that bombed. Firefly was a really good show, but could not gain an audience; I watched Firefly over the weekend. Now we get to Castle. It is a great show along with Stana Katic; I watched her in the movie Stiletto. If you see Stiletto on TV, watch it; Stana kills pretty much every person in the movie, cops, gangsters, everybody. That brings us back to Castle. Castle has humor, drama, suspense, action, everything you would like; I even has romance. Now it seems like Rick Castle and Det. Kate Beckett are going to work themselves into a romance. I hope that the romance develops years from now. Usually when 2 characters hookup, they end up breaking up and the show is lost. This show needs to bring back more of the humor from Rick Castle and it needs more action. It is still a very good show.
  • I used to like the show.

I used to like the show, but not any more. Please, do something different, because the "Caskett" relationship is so boring, flat and urealistic. We are not children. I am so disappointed!!!! In contrast, The Mentalist has been the best show on TV, because in addition to being a procedural drama, Patrick Jane (Simon Baker) makes it a psychological drama of great depth, using the Red John character as the "food for thought" for adults. I love that, sorry Castle.

• BEST CRIME SERIES EVER

After watching 4 seasons I still enjoy Castle as much as I did at the beginning and I love the relationship with Kate
  • B O R I N G

I think is getting boring, and we dont see them touching or doing think like they did before ,it not even funny any more it like a other show ,I taw they supose to better then any other show ,he 's does 'nt have nothing more to say because lots of show is the same I am desapointed from that show well is time to let it go what can they do more, .and I am also desapointed she beautiful but that all she got the best is nathan fillion
  • The best crime show in decades!

I have to say that since CSI I have pretty much lost faith in the network made crime show. I mean the characters are paper thin,cases are often solved by magic instead of logic,and there was just no sense of fun. I avoided Castle for three years because of this but when I did get bored one day and decided to check it out boy was I shocked!

The characters are not only fun but they have a great deal of depth to them and are played by the best cast on TV. These actors can tell a whole story with just a look. Castle and Beckett have the best chemistry of any screen pairing since Steed and Peal on The Avengers and they set the gold standard. Their banter is fun and clever and it reveals things about their characters. There are no wasted lines or even looks on this show. There are times when a whole scene's worth of dialog is saved just by showing one of their reactions.

The writers are so good that none of the fun has been lost by bringing them together. They really are the only TV couple I have ever cared about and yet that has not gotten in the way of the mysteries. Speaking of they are very well written for network TV.

Most of the time the viewers are given all the clues and the cases are not solved with tech that acts like magic so if you think about the case and what the witnesses say then you stand a pretty good chance of solving it yourself.

This is the only drama I watch on network Tv because it is the only one that is this well written,preformed,and acted. In any given episode withing minutes I can find my self on the edge of my seat with suspense,on the verge of tears,or laughing harder then I do at most sitcoms.

This show has a timeless quality that reminds me of such TV series as Alfred Hitchcock Presents and The Rockford files. It really is doing it's own thing at a time when every other mystery out there is trying to be CSI or LAO. Is it the most realistic crime show ever made? No,that honor still belongs to Dragnet after 60 years. It's goal isn't to be realistic but fun and entertaining,on that count it is the best show on TV right now.

The goal of this show is to entertain in an old fashioned kind of way,with clever writing,and a great cast playing characters that you really care about with out getting bogged down in endless angst.

The character took four years to get together but now that I look back I see that both characters had to grow in order for this moment to be believable and for them to work as a couple,so unlike other shows it doesn't feel like that time was wasted. Castle had to grow beyond a playboy and had to become someone who wasn't just turning up at crime scenes because of Beckett but because he wanted to help people. Beckett had to deal with the pain of her past and this show is very good about showing that pain like that doesn't go away over night. Now that they are together the show is more fun then ever and yet somehow the well written mysteries are still front and center.

This is the most fun you can have watching network Tv these days and we need more shows like Castle on the air that entertain instead of depress the viewers. Castle is the perfect weekly escape from the day to day into a world of fun and suspense.
  • Big surprise here ...

When I watched previews for Castle I thought that this is gonna be just another boring procedural cop drama. Then I saw the pilot and quickly became a fan of it! It has great cast, potential, dynamic lead duo and breath of fresh air which is exactly what today TV needs. I just hope it will not get cancelled, because I will really think that only crappy shows can hold on TV screen. If ABC is smart enough, they will keep this interesting show. Nathan Fillion proved me that he really can be a charismatic lead. And I really love his serial mother - who is portrayed by fabulous and never aging lady Susan Sullivan.
  • Caskett "drama" poor

As much as I love this show and have done from the start, the recent writing around the "Caskett" relationship is proving very unfunny and tedious. These are the poorest and cheapest shots for a laugh that are letting down the reputation of this show. Here's something radical, people in relationships STILL flirt with each other and tease and have GOOD fun, inspire us with a confident, mature way to sparkle in a relationship, or is that too difficult for the dysfunctional American writer?

Please get back to the cases and the ensemble repartee.
  • castle is Inspirational

Castle is an inspiration. It's an amazing show I look forward to watching it everytime it comes on tv it inspired me to make up my mind on what it is I want to be I want to go to school to be what Kate Beckett plays in the show. I love castle.
  • Stay out of this Castle!

I have been watching the commercials on TNT about this show. I watched the TV show because I didn't think the program could be as bad as the commercials portrayed it to be. After watching the program, I realized the TV show was indeed as stupid as advertised. I have seen reviews comparing the show to the likes of "Moonlighting" and other iconic TV This is easily one of the worse TV shows on the air. Nathan Fillion is silly, and a relationship between the main characters is hardly believable. The notion that a writer would be tagging along with the police with that kind of access, again not believable.
  • Thank you, Castle.

I have Castle to thank for introducing me to such wonderful and talented actors and actresses. Before Castle, I never would have known Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic, Seamus Dever, Jon Huertas, Molly Quinn and Tamala Jones. They certainly can influence you and inspire you. Nathan and Stana are now my role models. Thank you, Castle
  • The Best Show In The Whole World.....

I am in LOVE with this show ! I Love the chemistry You all Cast & Crew share ! Just Awesome.

You will ALWAYS be my FAVOURITE ALWAYS !!
  • Best crime series ever .

So happy that at least castle and Kate have a relation in the open . best crime show ever .
  • Crime has become a novelty

This show has been extremely fascinating through all of it's seasons always leaving me on edge waiting for the next episode. Castle as a character is fantastic and Beckett is just as amazing and the pair is extremely charismatic. The first season was Castle acting as a little boy but through the evolution we come to see Castle more like a Man then ever before. The team is amazing and the writing is just the perfect amount of humor and drama that draws me in every single Monday.
  • sounds like maybe good series... unlike REALITY TV which is crapfest !!!!!!!!!!

since the networks and cable channels have decided to go cheap on us and make 99 percent REALITY TV shows, wrestling (on sci-fi!!) and are always cancelling great shows... i have cancelled my cable and no longer watch any tv... i download all my shows i like off the internet and have started watching alot of bbc shows from england. I'll not sit in front of the box and watch crap in the evenings after working all day. I want quality or nothing at all from the networks / cable channels. I SUGGEST WE ALL BOYCOTT THE TV for one week each month until the REALITY CRAP is taken off the air. That crap causes brain damage... it's totally unacceptable. No one is stupid enough to enjoy that crap except some inbred bigfoot half-breed. They want to produce the cheapest crap possible and still retain the ratings to get sponsors and advertising dollars. Don't give them the appearance of ratings by watching at all. Turn off you cable / sat and download... NO Commercials!!! and only watch what you want to watch when u want to watch it... been doing this for 4 years now and it's great. Only problem is, running out of shows to watch. Sci-Fi channel, now si-fi (junk now) sold out and became a cess-pool putting on fantasy and wrestling crap... was once the best channel on cable... anyways,

boycott cable / networks and download from internet...

watch ur shows without commercials or interuption...

hope the networks realize they're loosing their loyal viewers because we're NOT dumbing down and

we HATE reality TV crap...

screw u a-holes... you're idiots and you're gonna kill ur networks/channels if you keep on this way
  • Was my favorite show

This show WAS a nice combination of light people interaction and good mystery solving. This season it has morphed into a lousy soap opera combined with an attempt at comedy. Mystery solving has become the last priority. Deepening what were respectful relationships is a death knell to a mystery show.
  • Wow, simply addictive!

This show never appealed to me. One day, there was nothing to watch, and so i watched the season 5 premiere. Now i can't get enough!!!
  • Not consistent

I love this show but I am getting slightly iterated that the show is on every week and then once a fortnight. Seriously ABC cant make their mind up when they are having shows on.

This sounds sad, but I have all my favorite shows on calendar so I know what I have to look forward to watching that night.
  • A Terrific Duo!!

Peter Burke and Elizabeth Burke on White Collar may be the Best husband and wife team on Television but Richard Castle and Kate Beckett are the Best Crime Fighting Duo on Television!!! I saw the first episodes of Both these Great shows & I was hooked!!
  • Stana and Nathan are awesome!!

I must say, I bought the first 3 seasons of the show, put them away and it took me a while to get up the go to watch them, but from the first episode it had me absolutely hooked and I kicked myself that it took so long to start watching!! I love the chemistry and banter bewteen Castle and Beckett, I love the story lines and I am totally in love with Stana and Nathan!! I hope this show still has years on screen!!
  • Swang Song

I do not like this episode much. Actually i do not like and the previous one too. First three episodes was so good. I miss the tensions between Castle and Beckett. Don't get me wrong i love that they are finally togetger it was the logic thing to happen but let and other thing happend to them after that - some jealousy, argument, heat, just something. They are some boring right now, barely touch each other.
  • A clever title goes here!

Hope Castle and Beckett is togeheter at least Season 5 out
  • plot un-thickens

don't get me wrong it's a great show and i've been following since the beginning, but is it just me or the plot seems to get a little predictive for the past year or two? i mean the twists are all this show is about, well maybe also the (physical) romance between Kate and Castle they "newly" introduced since this season but that's just a side line. Anyway, now somehow I can see who's the bad guy about 60%~70% into each episode and it really ruins the show for me.

so, anybody with me on this?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8