Castle

TesserT

Castle Fan Reviews page 4 of 12

• castle season 7 finale brought hopes to the series

5.5
    I totally agree that the show from the sixth season has been loosing its charm but this season 7 finale has brought big hopes to me.

Despite the necessary thriller part even though few parts of the mystery mask might sound like a child's play. But the dialogues by the end of the season finale was really great. I personally think that its a good start for the show to get back into its track. But I really didnt see the time travelers words coming true.

And in the end like Javier asked ,it still a question for us as well that in the nxt season whether we will hav the couple to solve the homicide or political corruptions, and if Beckett is gonna get busy in her campaign then we might not have

1. the caskett moments or

2. we might not have the crime mystery killer finding moments.

But still I have hope on the writers of Castle.

Im sure that even the Castle crew understood that the show is loosing its charm, as a result I could see the star cast a bit overacting in the last episode. I think this is because of the pressure which they might have faced through the TRPs.

As I am still a die hard fan of Castle's first few seasons I am hoping for the best in the future episodes in season 8.

. Castle chose his ruggedly handsome smiling giant picture which was selected by Beckett :D
  • Tie in to Time Traveler episode from last season

In season 6 there was an episode with a man claiming to be a time traveler from the future. He told Castle and Beckett that in the future they would be married, have 3 children, he would be a literary writer, and she would be a senator. Nice way to tie that in to this season finale!!
  • Renewed? Yes! Refreshed? We'll see

I have been a Castle fan since day 1, but I have to admit that the last few seasons have not really been 'must see' television. The show often sits on my DVR for weeks before I get around to watching it. However, I am glad that they renewed it for another season and I have some hope. Since the show runner is not returning, perhaps new blood will bring back some of the magic and whimsy that made this show great. What ever happened to the first couple seasons when Castle had a connection to everybody (used his influence in the pilot to speed up forensics, got a judge to sign off on a search warrant, etc) ? Maybe the new show runner will also remember that Castle IS a celebrity and a fabulously rich one. Nobody ever seems to recognize Castle in the last few seasons and as he has been one of New York's top ten eligible bachelors for several years (prior to his marriage of course), he should really be recognizable nearly everywhere he goes. I don't mind Beckett and Castle being married as they seem to make it work for the show (unlike Bones, which I just stopped watching all together). I just hope that they either breathe fresh life into the show or they end it next season.
  • I think 'meh' sums it up.

I was a late comer to Castle. Watched the first 4 or so seasons back to back and at first I was really hooked, loved the style of the show and I've always been a Fillion fan. However, recent seasons just don't seem to be able to hold my interest. I can't even put my finger on it exactly. Perhaps its the lack of a real direction, typical of this kind of show, with the main ongoing plot initially being the romance of the leads. But since that's moot (dare I say repetitive) now it's just turned into a week by week yawn fest. I still like the characters, just isn't a real reason to watch them and hasn't been for a while.
  • This show needs new writers

Ever since season 5, this show has been going downhill. Last nights episode was the worst! If the writers can't come up with some more interesting story lines, then they should not have a season 8, it should be taken off the air. Sorry everyone!
  • Castle is one of my favorite shows.

I love the the show. I wait for it each week and I watch the reruns. I love watching castle and beckett each week.
  • leave castle alone

the only show I watch I am suffering anxiety problems castle make it go away for an hour because I get involved in it .
  • still waiting for

series 5 in the UK
  • Castle is my Favorite show

Keep going with this show ABC. Look forward to it each week and watch the reruns as well. Castle and Beckett becoming Hart to Hart?
  • Castle

Yes. Keep it on. Awesome Show!!
  • How can we bring it back up?

OK. So first I just wanted to say, why is everyone hating so much? Yes the show isn't as good as it used to be, but some of the stuff written here is really rude. Anyway, I think that Castle was an amazing show from seasons 1-5. Season 6 was good, but now season 7 is kind of falling apart. I really don't want the show to end, and I think that the writers need to bring back the magic they had in seasons 1-5. I think Castle can still continue to be a good show, and that the writers should really go back and watch the episodes they wrote in like season 2 and 3 and try to make more episodes like that. And also less season finales with like someone being "killed" or kidnapped. What I had in mind was the season finale being Beckett and Castle finally going on that honeymoon they were supposed to go on and then through the episode Beckett has like pregnancy symptoms. Then right at the end of the episode they're about to board the plane when Beckett throws up and tell castle she thinks shes pregnant.

Also the writers should really read some some fanfiction because those should really be turned into episodes. Like fanfiction is life. Lots of fanfiction is better than actual episodes. I think that is the writers get ideas from fanfiction Castle could go back to being an amazing show!!
  • Unbelievable accent!

I'm watching episode 20 from Season 4 (The Limey). A central character in the plot is a Scotland Yard detective ie a Brit. Not just that, but one who was born in the East End of London.

The moment the actor playing the part opened his mouth I thought 'why is an Australian actor pretending to put on a British accent'. It's really terrible! I googled the actor and discovered that he is indeed Australian.

I lived in the US for years and was constantly surprised by how many people thought I was either Australian or South African. So is it that the programme makers didn't think a US audience would spot the difference, that they thought it didn't matter (in which case why does he have a go at doing a British accent every so often before giving up again?!) or could they just not tell?! It's amusingly appalling.
  • Castle

I think from where the show itself has headed right now has improved its ratings after the disaster in season 6 ending. Right now if you ask any viewer you would expect them to say yes to continuation of the Season from 8 onward's to maybe 9 or 10 for grand finale ending. That is if the cast and crew are interested in taking it further on. But if they think that they want to end it all on season 7 and not extend to any further episodes then all of us as the community will have to move on to seeing shows such as the arrow or The Mentalist, since there wouldn't be a point to watch castle. At this moment it is the highest watched show above all others so my suggestion goes to the crew and cast chose wisely when you want to end the season since public votes and approval ratings have gone up yet again for this

show. And I assume you guys don't want to disappoint us the public.
  • Castle

There was a time I watched TNT virtually every night. The Closer, Major Crimes, Perception, The Mentalist. But justnight after night of Castle Castle Castle. I dont even bother to tune in any more. This boring ass soap opera is tired and formulaic and worst of all TNT plays it incessently. Every fucking night. Multiple episodes in row. It's their entire prime time line up. HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT. I will not watch TNT whenever it is on. They have other programs I enjoy but they marathon this one without any sense of mercy or balance. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT!!!!!!!!!
  • take this into consideration! !!

I dont get what everyone says is so good about the show. I do admit i used to love it i have all the seasons and watch every show but theres nothing to look forward to anymore its like the writers have nothing new to offer. They use the same people even the extras are the same they show mostly the same scenes in the same places too like come on. There usually is a big thriller in every season and ive started to notice the murder at the begining of the show is the same as other shows in previous seasons and the same clothes even somtimes and not to mention the kidnapping some one answers the phone and its the character that got kidnapped and then someone always as soon as they know who it is they act all surprised and someones got to turn there head and as something stupid that everyone expects not to mention i heared that usually in every single episode someone carries a richard castle book and i look for it every time and its hard to spot but its the book i mean like really and everyone knows the story they use for every episode it hasnt become more sespensful since the beginning i belive you have to grow with your audience not keep it the same you hace to scare them or worry them for every moment of each episode and change it up not keep it the same if the writers did that people like me wouldnt pick up on props and fake stuff every episode i have to watch even more closely now that there repeating the same incidents please someone take this edvice its all true and maybe just maybe youll see it too did i mention im 13 and i used to see the show when i was little and get so scared and know i think to myself why would you be scared if it was soo AviobviouslY fake i rate it a 3 out of 5
  • Hopefully, this is the last Kidnap plot

4.5
    I quit watching Bones because it became the "Cleetus and Brandine Go Undercover" show. Other shows have fallen into repetitive plots and failed. Hopefully, Castle can avoid this mistake and keep moving. Shows such as NCIS have re-invented themselves for the better. A new, fresh approach for Castle will keep the show alive, but falling on trite quick-thrill plots will signal the end. However, if the writers can't pull it off, it's been a good run. Keep your fingers crossed folks, one more season is pretty much guaranteed, let's hope Castle can keep going for a few more years.
  • Please change back to the old castle!

I really do not get why they changed a format for Castle that was so successful

??? Please they need to go back to the original one.

I am really bored with this way.
  • Bring back the original Castle

I stopped horrible, dumb and stupid. You took all the joy out of watching.
  • Get new writers

Castle is following the path of NCIS Los Angles. Castle sees a murder doesn't call the police. Instead, he follows the murderer into the woods at night unarmed. How dumb do the writers think we are?
  • Listen To Your Fans!

I love the show. No doubt it is fun and predictable. Thankfully it doesn't have the graphic violence, over the top sex scenes and drama that is ridiculous. It is a great show.. Creative and engages your imagination.

However, so far I'm not liking the new direction. It feels as though it has lost its connection between the characters. I hope the creators will re-consider the new direction before the audience decides to leave.

I have also heard this may be the last season for Castle. I hope this isn't the case. Please bring the story line back that we all love and keep the show on the air. Don't leave us without Castle.
  • Predictable but fun

The culprit is always the person who is given a small part at the start of the investigation, but still fun to watch the process of connecting the dots.
  • 1920s Series

I cant be the only one who wants to see castle in a Pi series set in the 20s......
  • Don't lose your audience in the plot twists

Last night's episode of Castle should make one thing apparent to Nathan Fillion - The title might be Castle, but the premise doesn't work as well without Beckett and the 12th. The plot twist where Castle is excluded from the precinct because of this tie to the mob, unlike the other ties we're aware of, has not only taken the story in the wrong direction, it has drained the life out of the characters. There is a palpable difference in the energies of all the characters when they aren't together. Stana might need Nathan, but he needs her just as much. End this madness and get back to good story lines.
  • This change should be shot

The series worked fine with Beckett and Castle et al 12th precinct working together and homelike with Mom and Alexis...

Now it is horrible. ... if this continues I am done watching. ..

Bring back the TEAM!!
  • Like the P. I. angle

Nice change of pace, the whole We can't work together but we're working together but competing against each other thing, but ultimately the show doesn't work without Castle and Beckett together at the 12th so how does Castle eventually return? My gut feeling is that it will be Captain Gates that masterminds his return and in a Gates/Beckett moment (like Beckett and Castle's season 2x13 "If you tell anybody what i'm about to say there's going to be another shooting" ) That Gates wild theories and speculation aside likes and respects Castle as an investigator and considers him an asset to the 12th. Like I said gut feeling because it's the most unlikely scenario.
  • Better and Better

so i will use nexus10 title (sorry for that ) but the show is actually getting better and better. its brilliant. every case is well played. it has a start and an ending. i m ok with the marriage cause it was time to move on. i love how they solve every case and it keeps me on edge to find out what really happened. i just love this show , its my only 10.
  • Better and Better

Like many of you when I saw the wedding go ahead I also had flashbacks to Tony and Jeanie and thought "Nooooo, don't do it" The sexual tension will dissipate and it will ruin the emotional dynamic of the entire show. Thank god, I was wrong, maybe not as steamy but just as good overall. Come on Season 8, can't wait.
  • All in all a good run !

Well starting with the first episode Castle caught the eye of almost everyone mainly due to nathan 's witty humour and stana 's beauty and the storyline was kept precise and ended with quite a nice climax of castle investigating Beckett's moms murder . Season 2 kept the graph growing at a steady rate and season 3 was epic with introduction of Montgomery as third cop and shooting of Beckett season 4 unexpectedly was quite a surprise with the death of Beckett s assassin and ended with Beckett finally accepting her feelings for castle with a glimpse of their love making. Season 5 was the best with drama action love romance and mystery which was accompanied by season 6. Season 7 is probably the first time where they have not yet shown promise but all in all it is quite an amazing show
  • Seasons 1 to 6 and 7 so far...

Looks like we all have our favorite episodes. I have watched all the episodes. I think Season 7 is slipping. I also like Seasons 1 and 2 - I prefer Beckett's shorter hair style and they are very funny. For storyline and acting, I very much like the two episodes "Pandora" and "Linchpin" in Season 4. Lots of details. Excellent acting from Stana, Nathan, Jennifer etc. Feels like watching a funny Bond movie instead of a TV programming.
  • A mixed bag

I have watched every episode in the seasons one through six, I did watch some of the season seven episodes. I am giving my thoughts on Castle chronologically. Season one was good, you had great characters, much development for them, at least for it being only ten episodes. Season two was also great, this season, and the third, are the ones with the best "Beckett's mom" moments. Season three is my favourite season. I mean, 3XK, Montgomery being the 3rd cop. The finale was great and it felt a little bit like "Lost" with the "everything ties in together"-stuff and it was good. But then season 4 came.... First of all, I hate Gates. End of that. Then, in the finale, we got to know who was the guy that had ordered Joanna Beckett dead. I was so disappointed. Senator Bracken is one of the WORST villains ever. A good villain has arrogance, way too much pride, being a gentleman, cocky, not afraid to kill someone, intimidating and EVIL!! Senator Bracken fails at the most important criterias.. He is not intimidating and he doesn't have the balls to kill someone himself. He is arrogant, much pride, cocky and he is being a gentleman to those oblivious to his crimes, but those are just small factors and would only make the villain look bad if he/she was intimidating or willing to kill/do something very bad. However, the hitman that killed Montgomery and the investigator of Joanna's case filled all those criterias, maybe not the cocky and gentleman part, but he was a better villain than Bracken. Season 5 was a season with not too much drama and I liked it. Season 6 was also a good one. I absolutely loved the 3XK episode there. But Pi or Pie or whatever he was called... I did not like him, but I kinda felt bad for him, idk why. Luckily he disappeared so it's fine. Season 7.. It was easy to see that they did not have a bigger mystery than the crimes in the episodes, so they came up with the Castle's disappearance thing and I really did not like that due to the writers trying so hard to get us into it and that is never a good thing IMO. Season 7 felt dull and without any humour. I get that Castle had a memory removal, but that doesn't mean that he should not have any humour. I did only watch episode 10, 2,3 and 4, those were without the goofy, crazy theory, and humourous Castle. The ending of season 7 was utter shit.. Just like the season 6 one. He helped find the murderer and since the mob boss cut his hand with a knife he can't work with the police. That made no sense.. Then again, that might have been intended.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10