Castle

Significant Others

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Jan 07, 2013 on ABC

• Men are from Mars, Yada, Yada, Yada

I'm possibly just glad the series is back but I found this episode very good from a number of points.

1) a good case with a satisfactory result, even 'though I had a tad of sympathy for the ex wife but murdering someone to protect her disappearance was OTT.

2) Castle floundering round like a beached fish with Meredith and Beckett "sparking" off each other. As a guy, I can completely sypathise with him. It didn't matter what he did, he was simply a "dead man walking".

If anything could even begin to show the difference between the thought processes of men and women, this came fairly close.

"I gave you the look", for crying out loud! What are men supposed to be? Psychic? Guys are easy, you poke 'em with a sharp stick and they'll do what you ask. A "look" is a waste of time, ladies. Men do NOT understand "looks"!

It seems the writers can't let the couple have a decent time while the "honeymoon" period lasts but have to raise the possibility of conflict with the whole "daddy" issue.

Given that Meredith has sown the seeds of doubt in Beckett, I can see an inquisition heaving into sight very shortly for Castle.

However as I recall, Castle hasn't really shown any particular interest in finding out who his father is, so I can't see why Beckett would involve herself in finding him.

The whole Ryan/Esposito hazing Castle was brilliant but I'd like to see Gates getting some inclination of the change in status of Castle and Beckett.

Unfortunately, I can see rocky times ahead for the duo but hope it is dealt with swiftly and doesn't drag on 'till it gets boring.

. as Stana Katic still seems to be imitating a stick insect, it was great to see Meredith really fill out a pair of tighty whities. Hubba, hubba!
MNT