Slice of Death

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Apr 04, 2011 on ABC

• Punch that bitch.

It is a bit of a silly episode with all the different Pizzeria's but it did have a good story in the end I suppose.

I felt for Alexis a bit in this one, I can understand how it feels to be humiliated like that and I had to tell my mum numerous times throughout school not to call because of a bully, that's even worse. What a pathetic friend though, dis-inviting someone just to get at her boyfriend? You think he'd like you for showing how bitchy you are. I loved Castle saying "bitch" and then covering his mouth. But she is a conniving bitch, and it was warranted.

Beckett kind of annoys me when she dismisses the pizza shops.. like they have a history of wanting to destroy the other shop, but she refuses to look into it. But in the case like Castle's friend with the dead father, she would get major tunnel vision.. she can be a bit badly written sometimes I think.

I liked them bringing up "Spolano" crime family, that was the family back in the episode with the plastic surgeon and FBI.

Yeah you go Alexis! You punch that crazy bitch. Fighting and violence isn't the answer, but really this chick seems absolutely crazy! You sexually assaulted some guy who has a girlfriend, then post it online!

I thought Monica's involvement was pretty good. The similarity with Dante and the prostitutes is quite high, but I don't care. It's still a different story and that's all that matter. I can't believe complain in 10 seasons of Criminal Minds that "Oh god they already had a bank robbery episode, so lazy" like I'm sure in 10 years they'll deal with it more than once! So this episode is legit enough for me that it's not lazy or copying.

And hells yeah to it being Sal in the end. He was a dick.
  • I Guess You Can get Anything on a Pizza Now-a-days!

Ok first off I want to star by saying this episode showed me my favorite and least favorite parts of Castle! My favorite is Castle's outlandish theories of how the people are murdered, and the thing I've started to get annoyed with is how in like every episode Laney calls, Kate answers the phone and goes "Beckett" and then her and Castle are suddenly in the morgue.

Now to the episode: I thought this was sort of ridiculous. Like really? A drug dealing pizza place, that's as bad as the episode of CSI: NY with the food truck that is really a pimp! But this was only an 8 by me, because it's Castle, and even though it's corny. It was well written.
  • 4/4

Another so so episode of Castle here. I guess two good episodes in a row left me a bit spoiled and we were overdue for another disappointing installment. Usually I don't like the Castle and Alexis scenes, but I have to say that they were probably the highlight of the episode here today. Seeing her struggles and his reactions turned out to be good TV. But the actual case this week was a letdown in my eyes. Just some stereotypical shots at NY area Italians and the "twist" of the female you don't expect being responsible for it all...yawn.

Okay episode, nothing to rave about though.