Castle

Suicide Squeeze

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Feb 08, 2010 on ABC

• Where was the REVELATION about Castle's father all the adds were making such a big deal about?

I kept waiting for the BIG REVELATION all the ads promised, but, really, there wasn't much. We knew he was 'famously fatherless' already. We knew Alexis would have questions--I certainly would in her shoes. And we knew Castle was good at making up stories-I mean, seriously, an astronaut-pirate-humanitarian-Nobel-Prize-winning-Whip-Cream-eating-slash-inventing mystery? If there is any follow-up to the who's-my-daddy storyline, I think I kind of like the idea of Alexis tracking her grandfather down, maybe enlisting Beckett to assist, without Castle knowing until all is said and done. As for Beckett and her gushing fangirl moments... well, I have to say, while I haven't been into baseball since I played Little League, my entire family is rabidly fanatic about hockey; for a few of my teen years the Canucks were the only thing that my dad and I could talk to each other about without yelling. Heck, as I type this review I'm watching the Canucks lose to Tampa Bay on ppv... but I digress. The Cuba connection to the case was good, though didn't delve as deeply into the messy politics of anything to do with the island, which I'm sure any such case would inevitably get tangled in.
ABC