Castle

The Blue Butterfly

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Feb 06, 2012 on ABC

• Pretty good but with some problems.

Overall, a very good episode with some neat twists and turns that I didn't see coming.

However, as I've said in other reviews, the writers are getting lazy. They simply expect viewers to "fill in the blanks" and don't bother to get it right.

***Spoiler alert***

The "Good"!

Everything in the 1947 setting was done very well (with one exception below), with lavish sets in the Pennybaker club and costumery spot on.

Alexis was great as the elfin faced Moll out for revenge.

Castle trying to get Ryan to say "boyo" was hilarious.

Lanie has a pretty good singing voice (not that good, so don't let her release an album on the strength of it. Sorry!).

Excellent storyline with fine twists and turns. I certainly didn't see the old couple being the older versions of the 1947 characters, although it DID fit well.

The "Bad"!

If Ryan's life depended on an Irish accent, he'd be extremely dead. That accent was laughable and I did. Laugh that is.

The "Ugly"!

American "Political Correctness" gone mad!!!

In an era when ABSOLUTELY everyone smoked, what was the point of Vera's character being a cigarette girl, as no one and I do mean NO ONE in the club was smoking? That club, in the time, should have been a veritable fog of cigarette and cigar smoke. Dear God, there weren't even any ashtrays on the bar or tables.

C'mon people, if you're going to do it, at least do it right.

Oh, and as a final aside, to give the diasgree squad something to go for, I've finally found out where Stana Katic's lost weight has gone!

It seems to have tranported to Nathan Fillians chest and chin.

That's a fair old pair of manboobs Fillian is developing and I'm sure there's an extra chin or two appearing, as well.

For God's sake, surely he can afford a Stairmaster and I'm pretty sure somebody could take Ms. Katic out and force feed her five or six thousand calories a day.

In evidence I present these two photos from the episode gallery on this website;

From "Home is where the heart is" a couple of years ago;

www.tv.com/shows/castle/photos/image-67/