Castle

The Final Frontier

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Nov 05, 2012 on ABC

• Shiny !!!

After lasts weeks cop procedural that some reviewers didn't seem to enjoy ( I did, BTW), this was an out and out banter-fest.

Right from the "out of this world" start, this was laughs and sly digs at Sci Fi shows all the way, with of course a few references to Joss Whedon and Firefly thrown in for good measure.

Castle having a pop at Nebula 9 being taken off the air after only 12 episodes was a great dig at TV producers, IMHO and well deserved.

The writers, IMHO, are keeping the relationship "thing" at a perfect level with only minor flirting in evidence but also using it to great effect when Castle asks Beckett to "dress up" in her Chloe costume, with ensuing hilarity at the end.

However, apart from the "Shiny" quote in my title, my favourite moment has to be the "thick as a plank of wood" Captain of the Nebula 9's comment after he disarmed the killer "I had it on stun". I thought I was going to wet myself there!

Poor Castle, worrying that he was going to lose his hair was priceless.

My only minor and I DO mean minor gripe was Castles reaction to Alexis' costume at the show. She is, in theory, heading rapidly to 20 years old and would almost certainly have beachwear MUCH skimpier than what she was wearing at the show so as much as I might sympathise with him about his daughter flashing so much flesh, I thought he went a bit over the top.

All in all, a great episode and my viewpoint is simple; "You didn't laugh at this episode, you're basically dead from the neck up".

Only my view that you must leave yourself "wiggle room" on the ratings stopped me giving me this ep a 9.5. Wish the site designers had given a more precise rating score system!!!

Can't wait for the next episode.
MNT