Castle

The Final Frontier

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Nov 05, 2012 on ABC

• 5x06 - Epic!

It isn't often that I give a show a perfect ten rating, but this episode was so good that I have to bestow it. Not only did I spend a lot of my time laughing, I also genuinely enjoyed the mystery and I didn't even call the killer's id like I usually do. Go show.

The show did such a great job of gently teasing the geekery in the viewer (a total sci-fi geek here!) but it also dished a lot of love not only for the sci-fi genre but also for the geeky fans who love it. I adored that they had Beckett be a mega fan for a terrible show and they backed up her love by explaining why the show had such meaning for her. Something which all sci-fi fans can say, although not necessarily with her level of eloquence. I just loved that!

I found this a brilliantly funny episode! So many things cracked me up: Castle teasing Beckett over her mega fan status, his freaking out about losing his hair, his shriek of horror over seeing Alexis all dressed up as a sexy assassin (this one in particularly made me pause the show until I could get over my gigglefit); Alexis and Castle 'not talking about it' non-coversation and the last scene!

I was also surprised by how much I ended up liking Nebula 9's 'Captain'! The man may have been a 'washed up actor' but he clearly loved the role a ton to go out and spend money to get himself a working blaster. It brought a huge grin to my face.

Great episode! I don't always rewatch this show but I'll happily see this episode again. It was so well done! Now that's the way to make a shout out to fandom!