Castle

The Squab and the Quail

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Apr 22, 2013 on ABC

• I'm confused

Yes, I am confused. About the whole episode. Today I had the luck to watch the episode that was meant to air before this one. "Still" is a great episode and it has it's moments (romantic, funny and suprising) and it makes no sense at all that after "Still" they come up with such a story. Let's be honest: Castle fought 4 years to win Beckett's heart. He told her he loved her several times. He does so much for her - and yeah, let's face it: that he ignored her for playing games was wrong, but it's nothing for Kate to worry about or to feel as she would be taking for granted by him. At least it's nothing that would justify to let that billionaire dude kiss her. Even worse: to let him kiss her after Castle admitted that he was jealous! Kate was sooo pissed at him, that Castle wouldn't trust her at all?! And then she "babysits" and let the dude kiss her? Then why should Castle not be jealous. Why should he trust her, if she runs off with any rich and handsome guy who asks her?

Don't get me wrong: I liked the ep. It had a twist, that I didn't see coming (and I usually "know" who the killer is before the end), and it had it's moments. But the fact that I've seen the ep before (and I keep myself quiet about it, as I don't want to spoil it for anyone here) makes me wonder why the writers came up with it. I only hope that it makes some kind of sense afterwards. Of course it is meant to create a little gulge between the two of them, so the season finale can come up with a big cliffhanger like the old "will they, won't they"-game that they have been playing for four years - but this better be a really good one, otherwise I can't see the sense in it.
  • Ohh, doubts

She's having second thoughts! Who wouldn't? It's obvious that Beckett needs to know where that relationship is going but they work together and can't be open about it. And if Castle can't be honest with her and stop taking her for granted, they will be doomed,

The episode was fun and the plot perfect. But I'd have wanted Beckett to hold on to that kiss a little bit longer so that she would feel guilty about it and make Castle realize what he could lose if he continues playing video games (not necessarily literally). I think the writers are trying to make us believe that they're going to break up (eventually).
  • The Squab and the Quail

This episode was lacking something, it is hard to put my finger on it, but the plot was just missing something.

Still, a fairly strong hour of TV. Richard had some good comedy moments, and I thought they had a good twist as I was convinced Erik did it from the beginning.
  • Nothing stays the same

This was a fun one!
  • No spark

I do not feel any kind of romantic spark when Castle and Beckett kiss. Zero. Nada. Nothing. There was more of a sexy spark between Beckett and the billionaire. I love Castle and Beckett together, but their romantic scenes are not believable. Better directing of those scenes might help, but I wouldn't bet on it.
  • I hate women

This is a bullshit episode!!
  • Richard Castle? Meet Sheldon Cooper!

This episode started off with a real "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" moment, with Castle online gaming and Beckett still solidly in the honeymoon period dancing around with next to nothing on.

Poor Castle, floundering around, wondering what he was doing wrong. Sorry guys, we really can be seriously stoooopid sometimes.

A scene straight out of The Big Bang Theory, when Penny and the girls invited the guys over for sex but they were so involved in their gaming, they didn't even notice them. Superb!

Anyway, the case was fairly interesting with the wrong guy getting the poison, the correct guy as suspect #1 and sadly, a pretty obvious culprit in the assistant.

The case mainly centered on Castle trying to keep Beckett and Vaughan apart with the "Green Eyed Monster" in full flow.

It was great to see Lanie back and Ryan and Esposito getting ordered around by Castle.

I was pleased that, even as annoyed as she was with Castle, Beckett resisted her attraction to Vaughan but less impressed that the writers have gone in this direction already. It's taken 4 years to get them together so shouldn't they get some time to enjoy it?

And what about Martha?

With her on your side, who needs enemies? Seriously, "if you want it you shoulda put a ring on it"? Way too much Beyonce, thank you very much.

Given there's only a VERY few episodes left, I hope the writers keep it light, just why Castle has had me watching for almost 5 years.
  • dinner plans pt 2

also, how Ioan Gruffudd hasn't been cast as the main villian in a season long drama is beyond me. He can do accents, can do cunning, dashing, suave, etc. I know he has leading man good looks, but a great villian can make a great show. maybe as M in Elementary. <<
MNT