The Squab and the Quail

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Apr 22, 2013 on ABC

• lolz

If it had been Castle in a hotel room, drinking champagne and locking lips with some chick -I think the episode would have had a different tone.

Remember when Beckett and Castle just got together, and then that Entertainment presenter lady started kissing Castle while she was under the impression that he was single -Beckett lost her shit and even refused to kiss him for the rest of the episode, even after he tried to make amends.

Beckett gets her freak on with some random famous billionaire that she just met after being with Castle for almost a year now. . .because he has stopped defining his life by her whims and is not subservient like a pathetic puppy anymore?

Thanks TV people for showing us what healthy romantic relationships are supposed to be like. . .full of double standards and the justifiable un-trusting individual making amends for being. . .well right.
  • I'm confused

Yes, I am confused. About the whole episode. Today I had the luck to watch the episode that was meant to air before this one. "Still" is a great episode and it has it's moments (romantic, funny and suprising) and it makes no sense at all that after "Still" they come up with such a story. Let's be honest: Castle fought 4 years to win Beckett's heart. He told her he loved her several times. He does so much for her - and yeah, let's face it: that he ignored her for playing games was wrong, but it's nothing for Kate to worry about or to feel as she would be taking for granted by him. At least it's nothing that would justify to let that billionaire dude kiss her. Even worse: to let him kiss her after Castle admitted that he was jealous! Kate was sooo pissed at him, that Castle wouldn't trust her at all?! And then she "babysits" and let the dude kiss her? Then why should Castle not be jealous. Why should he trust her, if she runs off with any rich and handsome guy who asks her?

Don't get me wrong: I liked the ep. It had a twist, that I didn't see coming (and I usually "know" who the killer is before the end), and it had it's moments. But the fact that I've seen the ep before (and I keep myself quiet about it, as I don't want to spoil it for anyone here) makes me wonder why the writers came up with it. I only hope that it makes some kind of sense afterwards. Of course it is meant to create a little gulge between the two of them, so the season finale can come up with a big cliffhanger like the old "will they, won't they"-game that they have been playing for four years - but this better be a really good one, otherwise I can't see the sense in it.
  • Ohh, doubts

She's having second thoughts! Who wouldn't? It's obvious that Beckett needs to know where that relationship is going but they work together and can't be open about it. And if Castle can't be honest with her and stop taking her for granted, they will be doomed,

The episode was fun and the plot perfect. But I'd have wanted Beckett to hold on to that kiss a little bit longer so that she would feel guilty about it and make Castle realize what he could lose if he continues playing video games (not necessarily literally). I think the writers are trying to make us believe that they're going to break up (eventually).
  • The Squab and the Quail

This episode was lacking something, it is hard to put my finger on it, but the plot was just missing something.

Still, a fairly strong hour of TV. Richard had some good comedy moments, and I thought they had a good twist as I was convinced Erik did it from the beginning.
  • Nothing stays the same

This was a fun one!
  • No spark

I do not feel any kind of romantic spark when Castle and Beckett kiss. Zero. Nada. Nothing. There was more of a sexy spark between Beckett and the billionaire. I love Castle and Beckett together, but their romantic scenes are not believable. Better directing of those scenes might help, but I wouldn't bet on it.
  • I hate women

This is a bullshit episode!!
  • dinner plans pt 2

also, how Ioan Gruffudd hasn't been cast as the main villian in a season long drama is beyond me. He can do accents, can do cunning, dashing, suave, etc. I know he has leading man good looks, but a great villian can make a great show. maybe as M in Elementary. <<