Castle

Valkyrie

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Sep 23, 2013 on ABC

• Not my favorite!

I found this episode, as well as part 2, to be in a word, silly. Not the caliber of writing I've come to expect for a season opener. Thank goodness subsequent episodes have improved and I will continue to watch. Hopefully, we'll get to enjoy another season of CASTLE!
  • Castles meddling with Kates classified case.

Castles meddling with Kates classified case gets him into deadly trouble. Anyone notice that Kate seemed oddly calm when she told Castle he was dying?
  • Jumped. The. Shark

The worst episode of Castle ever. I hate this FBI crap because it destroys what makes Castle special. Will give them one or two more episodes to get back on track before moving on to some other show.
  • I hate cliffhanger!

but otherwise a good episode
  • Valkyrie

I enjoyed this episode and look forward to followup
  • Valkyrie

An intense storyline, some great comedic moments from Richard, this was what a season premiere of Castle should be. My main concern is that they keep putting Castle and Beckett in these dangerous, impossible to survive scenarios, when we know they will. How many shootings, tigers, poison injections and hostage situations can one couple really be a part of in just a few years?

Strong episode though.
  • Caskett Is Back In Action *Beware of Spoilers*

I love that the episode started off at the swing set and provided answers that viewers have been waiting for and not jerking us around about it. I had a feeling Beckett would say yes but was still ecstatic when I heard her say the words.

As far as Beckett's new job goes, I'm still unsure about it. It is good to know that characters on the show are not boxed into a certain situation and that there are possibilities for branching out. But, I don't see this lasting more than a few episodes. Cases in previous seasons have had elements of mystery, danger and excitement, and a few have involved Caskett working with people from various federal agencies. And so, I don't see how this new situation adds much of anything to the show other than realism in regards to potential opportunities that can come about in real life. I also find a couple of new characters a bit suspicious, but I suppose that may be addressed in future episodes.

It was great to see Ryan and Esposito, although not for as long as I would have liked. Ryan practicing for his upcoming role as a father was pretty cute though. I don't know if like Pi, Alexis's new boyfriend, but maybe he'll grow on me.

There was a lot of laugh out loud humor throughout the episode until the very end when it became quite serious. I don't like that I have to wait another week in order to find out what happens next. Isn't that why two hour season premiere events were invented?
  • Didn't see that one coming. Or two.

I was expecting some serious thought from Beckett, at least giving it a little amount of time (maybe a couple more episodes) to embrace the possibility of marrying Castle. But it was let's get married. Just like that. But ending the episode with his life on the line? What a great twist. But her coolness about it? I don't know. Perhaps a little too much of excitement? Either way, I can't wait for next's week episode.
  • Quit Watching After the first three minutes

The first three minutes were absolutely great. The rest of the ep was contrived garbage from Marlowe.
  • good season premiere

I was worried about the changes in the show but it was a very good episode.

First of, on the DC side, I really like "Cuddy" as Kate's new partner, they have an interesting relationship and I loved her scene with Castle at Beckett's appartment. I love Kate as an NYPD detective but I have to admit she looks good as a federal agent too.

On the NY side, LOL about Alexis new BF, I really like his interaction with Castle. I hope to see more of him and of Alexis of course. And Martha too.

I was very relieved to see that Espo and Ryan are back on screen too, though it was not really case related, it was understandable. It gave the opportunity to explore their personal relationship with Castle and I really enjoyed that scene. I missed Lanie though.

About Caskett, I loved the 5 first minutes of course, as well as their first meeting in two monthes :)

Their working relationship remains the same even though there isn't one, officially at least.

The case in DC was pretty common but there was a great cliffhanger. I can't wait for next week! I hope they will continue to balance DC and NY the way they did here.
  • Awesome !!!!

It was great!!!! Loved every minute of it!!! Cant wait for next week!!! Love this show and the cast!!!
  • WOW! Okay, so that happened.

I don't know what the writers are smoking, but what the @%$^?

I've loved this show from the beginning, so I hope they fix it, but I'll never get that hour back!
  • Brilliant! Stop Complaining!

Loved, loved, loved, loved, loved it! The first 5 minutes had me giggling like a little girl. The meddling of Castle and his insistence that he won't get in trouble, only to have the opposite happen a few minutes later, hilarious! I love Kate's new partner, and although I loved her as Cuddy, this new character has me liking her for her own reasons. An explosive episode, although a little bit cruel to leave as with a cliffhanger so soon! Very clever though, and I hate that I love it. For everyone that didn't like it, go be depressed in your own little corner! There was very little not to like and you're just allergic to change. Change is good! And I think the writers have done an absolutely wonderful job of bringing in that change and still keeping it distinctly 'Castle'. I can't wait to see what this season has in store! Brilliant!
  • epic !!!!!

Great
  • CASTLE WRITERS STILL DEPRESSED!!!!

3.5
    EPISODE ENDED WITH BECKETT GIVING CASTLE THE NEWS THAT HE MAY BE A WALKING DEAD MAN. MOLLY QUINN LOOKS LIKE SHE'S PUT ON 25-30 LBS. THE COVERT FEDERAL JOB TURNS OUT TO BE A STANDARD BUREAUCRATIC FEDERAL AGENCY, THE OPENING SEQUENCE HAS BECKETT BEING SHOT(FAKE) TWICE IN THE SAME AREA OF HER BODY WHERE SHE WAS SHOT FOR REAL. EITHER TOTALLY CLUELESS, OR REALLY SADISTIC!! MY POINT IS, THE WRITERS ARE STILL ON THIS DOWNER THEY WERE ON ALMOST ALL OF LAST SEASON. I HOPE I'M RIGHT THAT BECKETT IS ONLY GOING TO LAST TWO MORE EPISODES WITH THE FEDS BEFORE SHE GOES BACK TO THE
  • Well that sucked, big time!

5.5
    Quite frankly, this was just a mess!

After the bonkers ending of last season, as expected Beckett put her career first and toddled off to the new job, leaving Castle et al behind.

Needless to say, Castle ended up following her like a good little puppy dog and as usual stuck his "Romanesque" nose in after being told repeatedly not to.

The use of Ryan & Esposito as a foil for Castle was pretty slim but no-one else from the precinct made an appearance.

I do note, however, the use of a hot . lady with Ryan & Esposito (possible jealousy factor for "Esplanie" later on?).

I simply cannot believe, given the tech at hand, that the word "Valkyrie" didn't throw up literally hundreds of hits when queried in the Cops databases.

It's a term used in many military ops, all over the World.

If it wasn't bad enough that the writers foisted this mish-mash on the viewers but to make it an immediate two parter simply added insult to injury, making us wait ANOTHER week before closure.

Throw in the mix a waste of space like Pi as love interest for Alexis and we have hit a Castle all time low.

I appreciate I'm going to get flamed for this review but I hate to see this once great show heading straight over a precipice.

There is imply no way they can maintain Ryan & Esposito as a remote backup for Castle and they MUST get the gang back together.

If I was going to go into the realm of the ridiculous, let's say this case gets solved so incredibly well by the team, that Beckett's new bosses transfer the whole kit & caboodle to her as a unit.

However, there's no way that would work for Gates or Lanie.

Bring o the flames! . Lisa Edelstein is still hot as Hell.
  • epic !!

awesome first episode of the season cant wait to see what happens a cleaver cliff hanger

and totally lives up to the castle name :)