Nickelodeon (ended 2004)

CatDog Fan Reviews (109)

• CATDOG was the best!

Dog was my favorite character and when I found out that Tom Kenny voiced him I was like so in love. It's a great show!
  • I remember watching the last episode....

I rushed home to watch it. Aaah, so nostalgic. I will always miss the old Nickelodeon shows, don't understand negative reviews.
  • Nickelodeon at 90's

Still beter than Nickelodeon nowadays.

But from one side cat,and from another dog ?

One of stupidest idea i saw.

EDIT - I changed my mind. This is good show! Dont listen to minimew2020,he hates this show because his fking ADHD. And he had a account 'tommypezmaster' on IMDB where he hating this gold as well. He's a troll,he gave a crappy shows like Breadwinners and Sanjay & Craig a 10/10,because he thinks its better than CatDog! And i think benderisgreat is just his another trolling account which fails,because it's just reversing ratings (giving good shows 1/10 and bad shows 10/10,and lauging his ass off as everyone is disliking his reviews).

Animation - 8/10 - Just like every another Nicktoon in 90s,great.

Art - 7/10

Humor - 6.5/10 - I didnt seen a episode,but i think it has good shows,not toilet humor and craping like his favorite Sanjay & Craig.

Plot - 7/10

Effort & Execution - 7.5/10

It has good storylines,and not much gross-out humor,at least i havent seen any.

He's critizing its 'potty' humor (just some like Ren & Stimpy,even Ed Edd Eddy has some) and he's praising some of worst new Nick cartoons (oops i mean craps) aka Sanjay & Craig,Breadwinners and Fanboy & Chum Chum which has potty humor on every corner,and in most lazy ways possible with no effort (Ren & Stimpy had gross/cartoonish,but clever humor like flushing brain,but Sanjay & Craig has humor like a baby from farts,farts on a tape,farting in the face,oh disgusting). Those creators should be sued for brainwashing kids,not gems like CatDog (okay,it's maybe not a gem,but still a good show). He has some mental problems as well as he must constant in every review of a bad show that it's still better than *insert some bad word here* CatDog,and give it a unfair 10/10. But i still dont care much about this show and especially not weird people like minimew,i care about perfect cartoons,that were mostly from Cartoon Network like Powerpuff Girls (NOT that piece of shit called reboot of Powerpuff Girls),Courage and much more,and some actually clever,imaginative and creative people like John Dilworth,Craig McCracken,Maxwell Atoms,Tom Warburton,Lauren Faust,Daniel Chong etc.

I am waiting for Strong AI that will actually do some real work unlike nowadays trolls on forum even on television (*cough*Noah Jones*cough*,and nearly everyone from unfamous networks that is a writer for a new show). ;)
  • Sonic decent

• I don't care what many people says, I like this show!

Catdog is one of the classic Nicktoons, I like it. Sure, it is a bit mediocre but it is a good cartoon. . I hate Minimew2020 and benderisgreat so much!!!!!
  • Sanjay and Craig is better than this stupid show. Also ad48hp is a moron.

I don't see why everone likes it, all it is these two idiots getting in trouble & plenty of bordum. When they succseeded making a show about two idiots sharing the same body the mines of many people get eating by this piece of crap

I myself can't stand this show. The voice-acting is annoying & the humor is juvenille & Nicktoons Network if you still have a soul, you'll take it off

so if you good Nicktoons to come back on the air like Rocko's Modern Life, Invader Zim, or even Mr. Bean: the Animated Series avoid this at all cost.

but if you like what Nicktoons Network gave you & also like Rocko's Modern Life like myself you are fogiving but if you like minless crap thats on Nicktoons right now (I also hate Chalkzone, Tak and The Power of Juju, & Shurekin School & I still don't think CatDog is funny) you better off to avoid it.

Nick has had a bad habit of killing of what works in terms of animated shows (Mr. Meaty, Catscratch) instead catering to the tastes of the unsophisticated. CatDog happens to be a show that doesn't work. It has been disclosed that CatDog features voice actor Billy West, the actor of TV's odious cartoon,Squirrle Boy, which should give you an inkling of just how HORRID this show is. Many people will find this entertaining, the very same people who find entertainment in those SAW Squirrle Boy. This is the WORST animated show ever foisted upon the Nicktoons Network's viewers, it makes that mercifully cancelled show Ricky Sprocket seem highbrow by comparison. The nation's going to Hell in a handbasket,CatDog is indisputable proof of that

basically about the random mis-adventures of a 2 headed moron I'm on the haters side because this show sucks and I hate it. Teen Nick is going downhill like Qubo and Cartoon Network. Once they get rid of all the bad shows we are happy, but then our happiness lowers down when they add some new bad shows. I'm surprised it is TV-G compared to most tame Y7 shows cartoon network has put out in 2006 excluding Robotboy and Dragon Hunters. There's not even a warning for crude humor like Cromartie High School had. Like in the pilot CatDog is challanged to a game of Ice Hockey on a broken rink & Cat get frozen in the lake. Another crude and stupid momtent I see was were a magician does a failed magic trick. Another stupid and disgusting scene I say from the show is were they play tug-o-war on a bean pit. Then there was a moment where some dogs bullies them for being a paperboy. Then again there was a moment were Cat's heat lamp destroys Nerburge. Yeah, you get the idea. This show relies WAY TOO MUCH on crude humor and nothing much else.

Now let's go over what I think about this show:

Good stuff:

I have nothing much to say here.

Bad stuff:

Cheap animation.

Disgusting and nasty character design.

Rip-off of Beavis and Butt-Head, Super Duper Sumos, and The Ripping Friends.

Massive gross-out humor.

Promotes stupidity.

Childish stoeylines.

Should you watch it: This is certainly not a show for anyone under 8 or 7 due to the amount of crude and toilet humor. Heck, it relies on grossness so much that it might be more disgusting than ChalkZone. It really wouldn't be a good idea to show this to kids and adults should stay away from this pure brain rot as well. If I were president of The 90's Are All That I would cancel this along with ChalkZone, Tak and The Power of Juju and The Mighty B.

The 90's Are All That, if you're going to make a show for us, ACTUALY PUT SOME EFFORT INTO MAKING IT! This show, along withChalkZone, are the worst things that Nick have given us. The guys who made this must be total perverts. I mean, the show is about animals bullying one another. I mean, it's an original idea but ........... why, just WHY? Even if you get past the horrible disgusting perverted character designs, the show is really not all that funny. The only character who can be funny sometimes is Winslow. But other than that, the characters are really annoying and make annoying and cheesy jokes all the time. Don't watch this. Watch Sanjay and Craig instead. At least that show has some good humor

Why in the HELL would Nicktoons Network dump this toxic trash on The 90's Are All That? The 90's Are All That is SUPPOSE to be for OUR generation, you know US 90's KIDS! That is we pay extra on to see classic kind of shows. This show has THE WORST animation I have ever seen, and it is a VERY SICK show. Please, I beg of you TeeNick, PULL THIS SHOW ALREADY! Bring back Rocko's Modern Life or The Angry Beavers, ANYTHING but this trash!

After watching an episode and other bits of it I have to say: WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU 9o'S ARE ALL THAT!? This show's "comedy" is gross potty humour which aparently Cartoon Network, and 90's Are All That haven't figured out isn't funny at all. The characters don't look like their suppose to, they look disgusting and the male antagonist have big butts. WHO THE HECK THOUGHT THAT WAS A GREAT IDEA?! The plots are completely stupid, and the voice acting is abysmal at best. If you're a parent reading this, keep your kids as far away from this show as humanely possible. Infact If you see this on TV, turn it on to Uncle Grandpa, or just make your kid go outside and play, or anything that keeps them away from this abomination.

CatDog is not bad, but it's horrible! Everything is so horrible, stupid, and boring, that nothing is good about this show. Not even one is good about this show. They have the worst voice acting in TV show history. Cat sounds like a 20 years old on drugs. Dog sounds like a Girl that has a cold. Mr. Sunshine sounds like he a uncontrollable attitude. Sherik sounds like she whines all the time. Rancid Rabbit sounds like a old man that smokes and drinks beer. Lola sounds like she's quiet and calm. Sally O' Neil sounds like a 40 year old woman and sexy. Cliff sounds like He's part of a motorcycle gang. Every other voice in this show (including Eddie, Ray and Rotten) are weird and annoying. The characters it's self are stupid and boring. For instance, Why is Rancid angry? And why can't Cat tell anybody but Lola? It awful and stupid! Yea I know I'm using stupid a lot but that's what this show is! There's way too many errors in this show. The artwork is either too bright or too dark. The main plot is awkward and stupid. In seasons 2 and 3, Cat gets punish for stuff he didn't desirve. Both plots are stupid and make no sense. Cat should just be dead for the whole show! The Nerburg pound is not interesting. The designs are Horrible. Why Rancid's butt so wide? Nearly every character's eyes are huge. Which is a common problem with Cat. The theme song is annoying and it is the worst song ever in music history (along with Every Little Thing is going be Alright). The quotes are boring. The jokes are boring. Some of the scenes don't follow any science law (including the laws of physics and newtons laws). All of the scenes are stupid. For instance, Why do the greasers hate dog for being a paper boy? It's just a punishment! Why does Rancid Rabbit hate cat? Why does Eddie talk to fast? Rancid Rabbit in this show, he is the stupidest villain in villain history. There are too many main characters. The background music is boring. Sometimes the sound FX are inappropriate. The settings makes no sense. The tarps are stupid. In one episode were CatDog fall into a kiddy pool. The end Credits are the worse credits In end credits history. It has that same annoying Theme song. And 2 it's so fast that you can't read anything. The main problem with this show that it has volgar humor. Whoever came up with this show, is a idiot. Viacom nor Nelvana should had not take and edit this show because that's where this show gets even worse. If this show was made, at least keep this show in canada. The universe would be better if this show was not made. Thank God this show got canceled. I think getting cancelled after low ratings is enough for one awkward show. 8.1 are you kidding me? More like a 1.4! I can't even stand a second of this disgraceful show. I would rather watch Scaredy Squirrel or Johnny Test than this incoherent show! Do your self a favor and do not watch this show unless you want to be stupid. I repeat, Do not watch this show! Avoid it at all costs! Not even a peek. Even if you are a huge Billy West fan and you have to see everything, do not watch this show! If you agree with my review, then you are awesome. If you disagree with my review than you are not encouraging. rating 0/100 extremely horrible

because CatDog was just painful to watch. The animation is terrible and feels like it was done in a pirated version of Adobe Flash. The characters look ugly and feel like a bunch of shapes went into the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant and got covered in nuclear waste.

If ANY programming on TV is made with a low-budget computer program like Flash, yep, it is going to suck.

The theme song was just annoying and uncreative, it sounds like a 3 year old with tonsillitis screaming, "CATDOG CATDOG CATDOG" Mixed with its nasty sounding instrumentals, it will get grating so fast that your brain will implode.

The plots are like I said in the review title, are boring. They are almost as boring as the plots from ChalkZone and Sidekick combined. Trust me, you'll fall asleep from CatDog.

The voice acting is as obnoxious as that of Squirrel Boy or The Mighty B. The characters' voices are annoying and shrill and are constantly screaming and yelling throughout the entirety of this pile of garbage.

I also realized, oh goody, another freaking show from the 2000s. If you're going to add newer shows to 9o's are all that, at least do reruns of Mr. Meaty or Breadwinners.

• blah blah blah blah this sucks

a show about a cat and a dog stuck together? stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid, this show is ass, ass, ass, ass, ass, ass, ass, ass, ass, ass, ass. i hope the creator gets sued because a cat and dog can't get stuck together.
  • A overrated and boring show!

This was a wannabe of SpongeBob but with stupid and dumb characters, stupid moral for the audience and was a waste of time for the audience in general.
  • I love it! It's way better than today

I miss this show, so much anyway it brings me to the good old days. I wish this so was back on air, but if it did, everything would change. So I love this classic, my favorite character is going to be Dog, because he's awesome and he's so funny. It was a good idea to have a cat and a dog together, because it teaches others how to get along with each other. This is also a good lesson for children to how to get used to their siblings. It has a amazing plot and awesome animation. This desevers to be 5 STARS !
  • One of the best animated Nick shows in TV history.

This show was just the best! A show about the adventures of two animals that combined. Great show!!!
  • One of the worst 90's cartoons of all time!

Style is so ugly! Don't watch CatDog!
  • Minimew2020, Seriously?

Stop INSULTING other people's opinions and I DONT think it has fart jokes in it, I know this is not a review but i don't care.
  • LOL a CatDog!

Another show I used to Watch on German RTL when they had morning cartoons. This is about a cat and a dog in one body. CatDog did not end up as popular like Rugrats and Wild Thornberrys that still are having memes. But go Watch this if you love old obscure cartoons.
  • When Nickelodeon Was at its Golden Days.

I loved this show as a small kid, and I still like this show now. Hate to disappoint, minimew2020, but this show is actually good. This show is nostalgic and quite creative, yet it was made by the same people who made SpongeBob SquarePants, which is a good sign. SpongeBob's the best show ever made, so this show is actually a great show!
  • My # 1 favorite cartoon that WILL NEVER GET OLD TO ME!!! :) I can watch it FOREVER and EVER and it will NEVER get old to me! Simply AWESOME!

CatDog is my # 1 most favorite cartoon EVER. Next to Rocko's Modern Life, Rocket Power, Hey Arnold and Spongebob. Every Friday and Saturday night, I am dying and I mean DYING to watch the old episodes of CatDog upstairs on TV at 1 in the morning :) I also watch it on or anywhere else I can find it! It NEVER fails to make me laugh or smile at the MINIMUM. It is written so well, it is animated so well and the stories are just hilarious and to top it all off, the theme song is AWESOME!!!!!! I am universally acclaiming Cat Dog, simply because it is my favorite cartoon EVER and that will never change either. I simply LOVE it and I am not afraid to admit it either :)

I absolutely love CatDog! Always have and always will too!!! I have an image of Cat Dog on the background of my phone! :) I watch it whenever I can.

Cat Dog is in my heart FOREVER and it will ALWAYS be my favorite cartoon!!

Cat Dog

Never leave my sight!

From Zach. 17 year old Cat Dog fan :)
  • Re: Sanjay and Craig is better than this stupid show

Are you fucking kidding me? Sanjay and Craig is proof that Nickelodeon can't even make good cartoons anymore. This was actually a pretty funny show and the greaser bullies were actually funny instead of annoying and mean spirited unlike in most cartoons like Hey Arnold unfortunately.
  • Top Shows - One of my favorite Nick shows

Most to all ep (98-13)
  • Minimew....

Minimew, this show does not rely on toilet humor. That's what Sanjay and Craig is. This show is a classic that shouldn't have been cancelled.
  • Minimew2020 is a dumbass

Clearly you don't understand what "90's Nick" means. Its shows from the 1990's on nickelodeon that people grew up with. Sanjay and Craig is not a "classic" it's a piece of shit. And the humor isn't even good! its a bunch of potty humor that is immature. Do you really find it that funny? (10/10 for CatDog)
  • Am I the only one who doesn't understand all the negative votes?

This is 90s Nick, people. As in it's better than the shit that's on nowadays. I totally remember this show from when I was little. It's a classic! The plot may be a little cliche, but they made it work. I'm surprised that so many people hate this show, since it's usually a unanimous decision that it's good with 90s shows.
  • This is a good show.

My sixth TV review.

This show is very interesting. This show is about a cat and a dog named Cat and Dog, who are literally connected to their own bodies (which makes this show interesting), and they are sometimes harassed by either Winslow T. Oddfellow (who is a mouse that lives at CatDog's house, and Winslow really torments Cat, not Dog) or Rancid Rabbit (who torments Cat and Dog at the same time), who is 1000 times meaner than Winslow T. Oddfellow to CatDog. I really like this show. This show needs to come back, along with Nickelodeon's other former 1990's and early 2000's shows since Nickelodeon has been putting on terrible shows such as Fanboy and Chum Chum and Marvin Marvin.

My rating: 8.0 out of 10
  • A great cartoon.

This was a great cartoon but I have one question: When they need to poop, where does the poop come out of?. Anyways, this was a great cartoon.
  • CatDog

I always LOVED this show!!! It brings back great childhood memories :)
  • Why everyone likes it, I will never understand

CatDog is one of those shows that may have worked, but it falls short on every level. The story is that a cat and a dog are literally joined together and have some wild adventures. Now on paper, it sounded pretty good, but somewhere in translation to broadcasting it, it got horribly messed up and was a waste of time. I remember as a kid hating it and when I was going to watch it again, I thought that my perspective changed on the show, and it didn't at all. I still hate this show and there is nothing that can change that. I have to point out that the art work looks terrible and very cheap. There are blotches of black ink left in some scenes and colors are either too washed out or too dark. There are even some drawings that look rushed and the drawer had no time to clean it up. The show is also a rip off of Ren and Stimpy with a cat and a dog as best friends, but Cat is smart and Dog is stupid so it's a reverse, but they act almost like Ren and Stimpy and sometimes use jokes from that show. Dog was somewhat funny but he wasn't really that funny, and Cat is an arrogant jerk to everyone and is obnoxious. CatDog also has a mouse named Winslow living with them. The best way to describe Winslow is that he's the bastard child of Jerry from and Tom and Jerry and Smurfette and they decided to abandon him, I don't blame them. Winslow is a very unlikable character and is very irritating, he's obnoxious to everyone, and he is not funny and has a very annoying laugh. Then there are the Greaser Dogs, who always want to beat up CatDog for no good reason. I suppose ypu can get away with Cat because of cats and dogs fighting, but sometimes Cat will help the Greasers and they end up beating him up anyway, why? What possible reason is there to beating up Cat every time they get to? He's snobbish yes, but sometimes Cat doesn't deserve being beat up or anything. It's like the creators had a thing against cats and wanted to see them be beaten up. To make matters worse, the Greasers and Winslow always get away with their bad deeds. What type of lesson is that? Bad guys are always going to win and doing bad things won't get you in trouble? Finally there's the rabbit. I can't remember his name but he was the antagonist most of the times and did seem to get what he deserved from time to time. The characters are not interesting though and the voice work is dreadful. The only real good thing about the show was that the TV movie it had was pretty satisfying and it tied up loose ends and it had the Greasers finally be beaten up. I really do not like this show and I am sorry if you are a fan and think I am being too harsh on it, but I really tried to like it and I can't. I am glad this show is off the air and if is on the air still, I hope it's in a time where I will never be able to see it. If you see this show in TV, just tune into another show and stay far away from this ugly mess of a show.
  • It's a shame Nick canceled this.

Nick, what the hell were you guys thinking when you canceled this show? this show is funny, and needs to come back. you guys are getting low ratings from crap like Marvin Marvin and Fanboy and Chum Chum. suite yourselves if you like crap and low ratings.
  • :D :D :D

I like this show. It's pretty funny :D Unfortuantely it ended. But i like the theme song, desite it is way too catchy
  • Another Awsome Show

This is another awsome show. I used to watch this show all the time when I was a kid. Why did they cancel this show for shit like Fanboy and Chum Chum.
  • A show that brings me back to the classics.

A good show to watch. It doesnt appear to be in teennick much. However, the show annoys me a little. But i like this show. This show starts with a cat and a dog living together in one body (lol). The cat is bossy and the dog is really annoying sometimes. They both take an advanture of imagination. This is a show that you will like. I like this show on the Very funny episodes. Some of the episodes arent as funny but the show is good.
  • You Like Cats? You Like Dogs? You like 90s Cartoons? Well then you'll like CatDog!

CatDog. Need I explain more? It's a Cat and a Dog combined, what better way to make an entire series based on that. The show is very unique for many reasons, one being the struggle between differences that both a cat and dog have and having the two reason with those differences in this show. To be honest, I don't remember the newer episodes of this show I only seem to remember the older ones.(Odd am I right?) Seeing that it's ended now, i'm kind of dissapointed. The only hint of memorization I have on this show now is in those Rockin Nicktoons Moments they have on Nicktoons Network, but those are like 2 minutes long sadly. Although the show is never going to return, I hope Nickelodeon and Nicktoons Network give fans a chance to remember it throughout reruns. Although seeing Nickelodeon today...No...That's never going to happen. :/
  • cosmin