ABC (Returning March 16th, 2015)
Dancing with the Stars is a unique series that pairs up celebrities with professional ballroom dance partners in an intense competition -- live -- in front of a studio audience and the nation. Each season has a select number of celebrity/professional dance pairs. The pairs are then judged by a panel of expert judges (Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba, Len Goodman) as well as by the viewers at home. One team will be eliminated each week.
The couples must maintain their focus, grace and composure while learning precise movements and maneuvering in extravagant costumes. Will they remain compatible during the course of the competition?
Dancing with the Stars has broad appeal, offering viewers dazzling costumes, dancing, celebrity gossip, behind-the-scenes training and contemporary music performed by a live 15-piece band. The format has already been an international hit in several countries.
Dancing with the Stars is the U.S. installment of the international smash hit series, Strictly Come Dancing. Dancing with the Stars has won the following Primetime Emmy's: * Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video For A Series - 2006
* Outstanding Costumes For A Variety Or Music Program - 2006
* Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video For A Series - 2008, Episode 502A
* Outstanding Makeup For A Multi-camera Series Or A Special (non-prosthetic) - 2008, Episode 503
* Outstanding Hairstyling For A Multi-camera Series Or Special - 2009, Episode 709
* Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control For A Series - 2010, Episode 909A
* Outstanding Hairstyling For A Multi-camera Series Or Special - 2010, Episode 902 A
*Outstanding Hairstyling For A Multi-camera Series Or Special - 2011, Episode 1106
* Outstanding Host for a Reality Or Reality-Competition Program- 2012, Tom Bergeron
* Outstanding Makeup For A Multi-Camera Series Or Special (Non-Prosthetic)- 2012, Episode 1307moreless