Cavemen Forums

ABC (ended 2007)

I got the sense people wanted to hate this before it aired

DrLar

[21]Oct 22, 2007
    • level: 10
    At least it has survived much longer that CBS' "viva Laughlin", that show should be called "laughin' my behind off"
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

geoffmaze

[22]Oct 24, 2007
    • level: 5

Funny the above post mentioned what I was going to say! Good thing Cavemen isn't on CBS they have a habit of axing shows right out of the gate. That Lauhglin show (didn't watch) had decent numbers, but they pulled the plug immediately anyway. Wonder what they expected from a wannabe Cop Rock.

As for Cavemen, ratings are decent, I didn't like the Pilot all that much but have liked each episode since quite a bit more. Last night's show was in my opinion the best so far. I normally don't watch sit-coms but this isn't your everyday sit-com, It really has nothing to do with the Geico commercials although the original Caveman, Maurice, does play a good bit role in the show. In my book Nick is by far the best character, he was hilarious last night. As for the the show itself it stands a decent chance of sticking around at least until after the Holidays, 1. It's on ABC (Ask before Cancelling) rather than CBS (Cancel before seeing), 2.Safe time slot, 1/2 hour 8PM Tuesday. (safe at least until American Idiot comes back).

Hope the show makes it, give it a shot if you haven't seen it.

numberonecubsfa

[23]Oct 24, 2007
    • level: 6
    Well said.

DrLar

[24]Oct 24, 2007
    • level: 10
    Did you see they used the famous Geico Airport strip commercial M.O.?

A real Caveman walks by a billboard with ridiculous caveman in it, then returns back to stare at it with funny gesters.

They coulda add the " seriously it's 4 feet by 5 feet" line in it.

ella_v

[25]Nov 4, 2007
    • level: 2
    honestly, it gets better each week whether you want to admit it or not! these writers are witty and the actors really bring these characters to life, which is amazing, considering they look like CAVEMEN, which seems ridiculous... but turns out... it works!? i never watched the commercials before so i did not have a built up love or hate for this show, i just watched out of curiousity following the massive amounts of bad press they got, and was pleasantly surprised. it's very... very... funny!

pinky_pookey

[26]Nov 5, 2007

I love this show. I loved the Geico commercials (I'm the only one in my household that does). My mom and grandma were like "THESE COMMERCIALS ARE STUPID" and I thought they were hilarious. But honestly I did think the show was gonna be kinda stupid...and in a way it is. But in a good way. Like Family Guy...lol.

But seriously, Cavemen is a great show. Very misunderstood and underappreciated.

stooge4444

[27]Nov 12, 2007
    • level: 2
    Practically every single person that I've talked to about this show thinks it is ridiculous and stupid. I tell them the show is stupid and ridiculous but it is funny as hell. Thus far I've found one friend that likes it as much as I do. If that many of my friends haven't even seen the show and already made up their mind, then there probably is a natural misconception about it (or maybe poor marketing.) What I like about it is that it is something fresh? Many of the morals and social analogies are derivative, but the implementation and execution are priceless.

alp1981

[28]Nov 13, 2007
    • level: 18
    stooge4444 wrote:
    Practically every single person that I've talked to about this show thinks it is ridiculous and stupid. I tell them the show is stupid and ridiculous but it is funny as hell. Thus far I've found one friend that likes it as much as I do. If that many of my friends haven't even seen the show and already made up their mind, then there probably is a natural misconception about it (or maybe poor marketing.) What I like about it is that it is something fresh? Many of the morals and social analogies are derivative, but the implementation and execution are priceless.

couldn't agree more. i haven't found one person that's given it a chance and when i say it's the best comedy in years i tend to get strange looks. mostly cause it's well documented that i've been a fan of the commercials since day one.

numberonecubsfa

[29]Nov 14, 2007
    Oy. Last night when I went off to watch it, I told my mom afterwards and she reacted "You watched THAT? But it looks so stupid!". Why are people judging it before seeing it? -_-

SoylentYellow

[30]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 21

Regardless of whether people judged it beforehand or not - its sinking in the rating faster than the Titanic. Down to 3.3 (thats about the point where sitcoms usually get the axe).

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratings.aspx?id=tuesday

Carpoolers isnt far behind.

Due to the writers strike its likely they will burn off the remaining episodes then it will fade into history like Knights of Prosperity (another really really bad idea for a show, though CAVEMEN makes it look good in comparison)

alp1981

[31]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 18
    i wish this show was on the CW instead of ABC. shows are able to fly under the radar a little easier and tend to last longer even with lower ratings.

i guess we can hope that michael eisner (or whoever is in charge over at Disney) is a huge fan of Cavemen and keeps it on the air regardless of ratings.

LadyInque

[32]Nov 19, 2008
    • level: 24
    Probable agree

numberonecubsfa

[33]Dec 22, 2008
    Sigh. A year later and I'm still peeved. I want DVDs at least to see the remaining episodes.

silverswan1

[34]Apr 22, 2009
    • level: 3
    I agree, it is like hating this show before it aired was the popular thing to do and bet many did not even see one episode before judging. I loved the show and the tv ads, esp. the one with motorcycles and tennis. lol Bring it back! FOX should have snatched this one. Did one of them star on Heroes last season?

numberonecubsfa

[35]Jun 20, 2009
    Not that I'm aware of. But then I don't know what they look like as non-cavemen, heh.