Cavemen

Her Embarrassed of Caveman

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Oct 02, 2007 on ABC

5.9
  • Hairy men scoring on hot chicks. Gimmie a break!

1.5
    The commercials are bad enough. Did they really think it would hit off as a series? I got what I expected and can't believe I sat through it. Dry, almost no humor. The characters were uninteresting. It boggles the mind to see good shows cancelled and then replaced by wasted time like this but I had to check it out. Like the person above said we just don't have that many good comedies anymore. I was really hoping I would be wrong about this. Apes at the zoo are more interesting and funny to watch then this. Why didn't they make a show about the Happy cows from California? It would have been much more fun. Skip it. I wouldn't waste my time watching another episode.
  • honestly, i've forgotten their names. but one of them thought their girlfriend was embarrassed of them.

everyone seems to hate this show, but i highly doubt any of them have actually watched it. Most of the jokes and humor in the show are subtle. they count on people to think the fact that they are cavemen living in society is extremely funny. and i guess that's why i like the show so much. given their is one episode tomorrow and i'll watch the second one too. but that is so funny. and stupid stuff like "eatin' sushi on your booty" in a text message followed by "wow, she's open minded" was hilarious to me. so far i love this show.
  • Cavemen...Meet the Cavemen!

When I heard thatgoing to be a series based on the insurance ads, I was growling. The same network that cancelled "In Case of emergency," is making a comic series about cavemen. well I finally saw my first episode and it's not to bad. Cavemen going around commenting on everything, even telling someone not to yell "Yabba-Dabba-Doo!" Overall, I don't think it's a bad show. Let me ask you this question, Why I like "Cavemen" better than "Back to You?" It's a fun show, even it not at all good. But the spirit is there so we can be thankful for it.
  • Cavemen was disappointing. It started off interestingly enough introducing the characters. The whiny brother grew tiresome and the roommate's attitude bordered on obnoxious. This show has plenty of room to redeem itself in the coming weeks.

2.6
    I've seen the previews for weeks and thought I'd give Cavemen a try. I'm not sure what I expected, but I was seriously disappointed in the show's content.

It's not so much that they skimmed over the fact that there are Cavemen living in current times, holding down jobs, playing racquetball, living in highrise apartments...even dating attractive women. That's not why I was disappointed. The whiny brother with his 'girlfriend' problems was highly annoying as was the roommate's attitude in general. It could have been a fairly funny show and maybe next week it will be.

I'm just not sure I will be there to find out.
  • Cavemen,live and interact with humans on a daily basis.

The pilot episode introduces the characters of Caveman. The show tries and fails to be witty. The whole premise misses its mark, because other than the makeup the characters could be just another set of whiney 30 somethings. This series really missed its mark. The jokes are predictable and the actors, despite the makeup, do not seem believable as cavemen. Even the perceived notion of racism against cavemen is lost. In retrospect, the creators of this show should have kept these characters, confined to the 30 second ad formats they were intended to fit. Beyond that, it is only a waste of a good idea.
  • this show is totally different from others.. yea even i watched it for the first time i thought it ws bad.. but i think we sould give this show anther chance

it is totally different from all the other stuff we watch on tv.. why should tv be very good or original..!! this a show we're you can watch all high, whne your in a good mood. when your all happy you don't wanna see a show like csi,... we need to get out of the real world... see something different and funny! i think this show should continue and we should give it another chance.. and also .. it sucks! forget what i said above.. it really sucks!!1 don't wantch it if you haven't as yet.. this show willl suck the life out of you..
    sucks!@#!#%$$#@W!@!!!!
  • This deserved the negative criticism.

3.2
    Her Embarrassed of Cavemen? I embarrassed of Cavemen. ABC should be embarrassed of Cavemen.

I've seen a lot of bad comedies, but this takes the cake. Nothing happened. I laugh more during the actual commecials then I did during the whole episode. Why they picked this up, I'll never know. What ever happened to the good sitcoms that ABC used to have? Geez, just bring back According to Jim NOW! At least that was funny. This Cavemen was just pathetic. And that's pathetic in all caps. It's bad enough they couldn't get the same characters from the commercials, but these characters are just plain dull. No thank you ABC, no thank you on this horrible sitcom, Cavemen.
  • The cavemen are introduced: young caveman, Malcom X caveman, and Ikea caveman. They engage in aggressively unfunny scenes that border from merely banal to borderline mental abuse. Ikea caveman has a "sape" girlfriend and thinks she is hiding him.

Watching "Cavemen" is an experience that one is not likely to forget. Every moment is excruiciatingly painful and just when one believes that it cannot possibly get any worse, when one has given up all hope and prays for a talking gekko to appear and take them to the promised land, when the very act of watching endagers oneself to permanent mental scarring, that dear reader is when the show collapses unto itself and achieves a state of perfect unfunniness.

I once had the misfortune of being one row behind the television set on a four-hour flight airing the "Mr. Bean" movie, so believe me when I say that I know pain. Gentle reader, this show surpassed that torture like a rocket ship passing a cane-wielding octogenarian.

My tenuous grasp of reality has been stretched to the limit with this show and to those who have not had their sanity rent by The Horror (as it will no doubt become to be known) I strongly advocate a policy of 'avoid at all costs'.
  • damn!

damn damn damn! i was hoping to hate it. looking forward to one of the worst shows in tv history according to all the buzz. i am so disappointed. i laughed a few times, found the characters likable, not sure where it's headed in plot for the series but i liked it. maybe it's because i had such low expectations going in. or maybe because there are so few comedies on these days. the supporting actor, human friend who works in ikea like store with the main character... he's funny. hopefully he comes back.

also... they all kinda look alike. is that racist?
  • Hmmm...

I don't know, but calling humans "sapes" seems like a racial term for humans in the caveman point of view. Just like the Gieco commercials it's funny at first, but after a while it will die out. I was shocked and almost died laughing when I heard ABC picks up yet another thing that will be dumped after a few episodes. Yes, the show has its moments, but it's one of those things that you want to hate. The concept seems very dull and boring and really no storyline at all. I really wished they would of worked this out more because it could of proven to be a good show let's see how the next few episodes go.