Cavemen

ABC (ended 2007)

Gislef

Cavemen Fan Reviews page 2 of 3

6.3
  • THis show is totatlly b.tchin but also horrible

7.4
    i love this show but i hate it, i hate it but i love it. i dont know y, i think i just like those silly little commercials. but whatev right?

secondly there are way 2 many other shows to watch that this, but this is the ONLY one to watch!

When writing your review, remember to keep the language clean. Reviews must be 100 words minimum. We encourage you to try to get your review right the first time--you may choose to edit it later on, but by doing so, you will lose any positive feedback associated with the review. We encourage you to write your review in a word processor or text editor, save it to your local disk, then copy and paste it in the box below.
  • Great concept, the Geico Cavemen as a tv show dealing with a world that doesn't know they exist, just not very well executed.

2.8
    I wanted to like it. I really did. I stuck around hopeing it might get good but it never did. the make-up was kinda cruddy, the acting is sub-par, the stories were OK, but they don't make real use of the fact that they are cavemen in today's society. the stories seem lifted right out of the comedy tv show handbook. If that is what they were going for then they did a great job, but I expected better. Not only that but they claim It's based off Geico commerercals, yet they don't use those cavemen or even make references to it.
  • Creative, well adjusted, but the characters tend to be plain.

This series is getting better every episode.. it started pretty bad, but as the characters evolve it makes more sense. It gives a sarcastic perspective of how people tag others just by the way they look, totally brakes the enigma of stereotyping
    Never the less the writers have to be careful in not falling into a repetitive cycle. Shows that reflect our inner persona tend to last longer..if they could manage to identify the viewers into the cavemen, definitively would increase the show ratings. I credit the writers and producers for making a whole sitcom based on a TV ad, you don't see that much of creativity in many of todays shows.
  • In an alternate reality, Cavemen live in modern society.

7.9
    Okay, I've seen the show, and I can't figure it out. There's a bunch of people in society with thick brows who don't get haircuts who call themselves cavemen. Uh, wouldn't they be called "evolutionary throwbacks?" It'd been more interesting and explanatory if it was about three cavemen who had been thawed out and living in society. Truth be told, the show is a bit better than I thought, but not by much. Once you get back the whole troglodyte thing, you realize the show is very Seinfeld-esque; the dialogue between the main three characters is the same kind of discussion that Jerry, George and Elaine had without Kramer. It's practically a show about nothing once you eliminate the Caveman thing. There's none of that goofy slapstick with guys trying to figure out electricity; they're guys that just *happen* to resemble prehistoric men, but whether they were born to normal people like this or living within society over the years is one question I'd like answered.
  • Cavemen, based on the popular Geico commercials, are hittin' the silver screen with a new ABC show. This is about the relationships these men have and also what they face in everyday life (ex. cavewomen and stereotypical mascots).

When I first heard about the show back in May, when ABC decided to pick it up, I knew this would not last very long, along with the other couple million that KNEW this would not last even until November sweeps. A week ago, I viewed the pilot. This was TOTALLY out of my usual comfort zone (medical dramas, such as House and Grey's Anatomy). Along with Carpoolers, this is a show I could probably watch on Disney Channel or Nickelodeon. Now, this is not considered, to me, a network show. It had the feel of weekly problems that are recognized in 8 minutes, attempted to solve in 10 minutes and solved in about 4-5 minutes, yet recycled. Of course, take in consideration, it's 22 minutes they're dealing with. These two shows are a very good contribution to ABC, aside from all of my complaints (sorry), as good feel comedies. Especially Carpoolers. Don't ask me why, but dramas tend to become overwhelming for some people (not me) and comedies are something to set the mind towards happiness and good feelings. They're very good to have on networks. Cavemen is no exception.
  • It's pretty much as good as you expect a car insurance commercial stretched to 30 minutes would be.

I'm not going to waste a lot of time/space writing about Cavemen. Basically, it is those Geico commercials with the modern day cavemen taken to a full half hour. And yes, it is as good as you would imagine, ie: not at all. I just had to watch it at least once to see how they managed to make a 30 second spot into 30 minutes. Painfully is the answer. Although, the soundtrack is pretty good. They use a lot of Royksopp (the band they used in several Geico commercials). I think I watched one and a half episodes before I quit.
  • As a 4th year anthropology major the commericals attracted me quickly. The show however was greatly depressing. It wasn't at all like the commercials. But I think the show has potential.

3.7
    Someone earlier commented that the commericals appealed to people because it was based on the injustices that the cavemen went through everyday. That people could relate to it because we have all been there at some point in time. That was the best part about the commericals because cavemen in todays world is so odd and people are just drawn to watching them just to see what they go through. Anyway, the show still appeals to me because i know that there is lots of potential here. Though the show wasn't as funny as I thought, in fact I think I only laughed once. it wasn't even a full laugh.. i guess what Im looking for is more reactions from the human race at the shock of the cavemen. Or humans feeling superior.. more friction. It can be a pretty fun show if they do it right. And the writers better hurry because they have to capture the audience while their still giving it a chance.
  • not the best show like not realy!

1.8
    its an ok show... but not the best show...i watched it once.. and didnt really like it!! bad show not very interesting borig!! bad show not very interesting borig!! bad show not very interesting borig!! bad show not very interesting borig!! bad show not very interesting borig!! bad show not very interesting borig!! bad show not very interesting borig!! bad show not very interesting borig!! bad show not very interesting borig!! bad show not very interesting borig!! bad show not very interesting borig!! bad show not very interesting borig!! bad show not very interesting borig!! bad show not very interesting borig!!
  • This is a great show! It is a welcoming change from other shows that are filled with profanity in the name of comedy.

This is a great show! It is a welcoming change from other shows that are filled with profanity in the name of comedy. I look forward to the show each week and I watch it online. I hate to think it is not going to be around long. It addresses discrimination which many people are in denial and don't believe exists. I hope it continues for the remainder of this season. The show's concept is good and as it nicely touches on various issues we face today. I have enjoyed each episode so far. I sometimes feel I am left hanging at the end of the show...it just means I have to tune in the next week.
  • It's shows like this that proves that we are losing the war on drugs.

If the police want a big drug bust, all they have to do is go to ABC studios and find the people that red lighted this train wreck, all the writers and anyone supporting this. This is a disgrace to all Americans and a major insult to our intelligence, even more than Flavor of Love or Rock of Love. This show shouldn't last 4 more weeks so hopefully it will be gone for good and easily forgotten. What's next? The Burger King King opens a roller rink against his rival Roller Rink owner Ronald McDonald but both businesses fail due to Carl's Jr dumping their industrial waste in the nearby landfill. Maybe I shouldn't give these idiot's ideas.
  • Back off haters, so many people seem to hate this show based on the fact that it was conceived for a insurance commercial.

Back off haters, so many people seem to hate this show based on the fact that it was conceived for a insurance commercial. the fact is that those commercials were pretty funny and so is this show. people are just going in to it with a negative attitude, but compared with the horrid comedies we are presented with this show is a laugh riot. there are a dozens of shows like two and a half men, my wife and kids and what have you; all very derivative and unimaginative (not to mention only funny to those with the sense of humor of a Eskimo, you heard me Ukiomo!). It may not be Arrested Development but it's about as close as I've seen in the years since it's demise. Pop-culture references, racial subtext and decent script writing make this show at the very least better than most of what's out there (which is again saying very little) and worth a honest and open-minded viewing.
  • Watch the show, it's pretty funny.

I'm really suprised with the bad reviews here. I think the silly toilet humor of Adult Swim and the non-humor of shows like scrubs has skewed people's sense of humor.

This is pretty smart humor, its got elements of "intelligent black man's plight in america" except... white cavemen.. always a funny topic ... ooooh let's move on.

The cameos from the Geico commercial caveman, Maurice, steal the show unfortunately, and are hilarious like the commercials.

But there is certainly enough from the three main cavers to keep the show going.

Admittedly the pilot was not so good, and I think too many people here are basing their reviews on that, which they shouldn't since it's technically not the official Cavemen show.

I guess if you're not into making light of lame stereotypes- like Nick, the pretentious poser who hates hanging out with pretentious posers, or you need to not so much story, mostly references to pop culture.. then this show is not for you.

It has a story, it's funny, and the characters are different enough to make their interaction interesting.

"..these powdered spices are a fools game, it's like cooking with dust"
  • It really stinks! now how could this be? Well, the powers that be think the audience is as stupid as the show...please release us from this crap!

It is not anything resembling the clever t.v. ads. Why mess with what worked? This show is a disaster!!
    Not clever, not funny, not sophisticated, not original, not anything but juvenile and stupid. Even a fifth grader would say-"bring back the t.v. ads-go away baaaaad show!"
    Okay, the premise of the ads was super funny, clever and original. The actors in the ads were great. Now, we have these poor actors on the show doing their best to entertain with a horrible script and concept gone wrong. So easy, even modern man and woman can turn off the show...
    Gotta go!!! And fast!!
  • Modern cavemen in the workplace

7.7
    This show definitely doesn't deserve bum rap it seems to be getting from the critics! It seems like people were lining up to attack this show before it even aired, and couldn't wait to write their clever headlines about this show becomming extinct.

I too was sceptical of making a whole show out of a commercial, but the writers and actors made it work. I found this show to be as good if not better than the more predictable sit-com clones out there.

Hopefully the characters will have a chance to develop and attain some greater depth as the season progresses

If you haven't seen it, give it a shot!
  • The powers that be need to be overhauled!

1.2
    I didn't bother to waste my time watching the ridiculous Cavemen, but now that the reviews are in, will you now bring back "The Class"?? ... idiots ... If you're not satisfied when you have a hit on your hands, then what is the point of going to work every day? People were sick of the commercial before you even made a show out of this. Heck, I'd have rather seen a show about the Gecko. Whoa!! No!! I was just kidding! Please don't go making a show about geckos. You just never know what you people will think is a good idea. sheesh
  • Pathetic.

This show is so putrid that I cannot believe any television producers would shell out a cent for this so-called 'show.' To be honest, the money they wasted on a bad investment isn't the only thing, nor the most important thing they lost, which is their dignity. This show was inspired by a series of Geico insurance commercials. Yes, you read that right. The television show, however, does not deliver any laughs, is insulting to anyone who actually sits through an episode, and is guaranteed to be canceled any day now. How has television sunken so low? The episode last night involving Nick (or whatever his name was - one of the 3 'Cavemen') getting a job and failing miserably at it then filing a lawsuit against the company was totally void of laughs or any ounce of entertainment.
  • I liked what I saw so far. Something new. I'll give it a chance.

7.8
    Sorry, but I have to say I liked this show. I thought it was a fun idea, and it came off well. I look foward to seeing more of this querky little show. With so much of TV being cookie cutter vision, this was a breath of freash air. Ok its not perfict but for 30 mins I enjoyed my self. Go cavemen!
  • It's hard being a modern-day caveman. I don't get why this show is bashed, it's very original and funny.

The show Cavemen revolves around three modern-day cavemen by the names of Joel, Nick, and Andy. The show is very funny and original, and no there aren't any jokes about Geico. This is the kinda show that makes you think "Hmm, that was not at all like I had expected, that was pretty good." It's a very original show. This show is an original idea based from the Geico auto insurance company and formulated into a television show by ABC, after the latest commericals from Geico saying quote "So easy a caveman can do it." In doing this, a series was formed.
  • Hummm.

Wow. I just don't know what to say about this one. It's a show based on a handful of Geico commercials. This could turn out to be mildly entertaining, but I'm not sure if I will actually stay tuned. The pilot was O.K. but left a lot to be desired. No one is really to blame other than the guy that greenlighted this mess. I just don't think that the plot will be strong enough to get it past a seven episode pilot season. I will watch the next three to see if it goes anywhere, but I doubt it will. Which is a shame because the commercials were funny, sadly, funnier than the show itself.
  • Basically three cavemen live together in a apartment. One man(Joel) works at an ikea type store and seems to be the grounded person. the other caveman(Andy) is more mellow with strong believes and third cave man(Trip) is kind of lost in the wind

I thought this show was very enlightening. I loved every moment of it. The characters were developed in a timely matter. I like the way this show deals with diversity and the way Americans deal with change. It is kind of a twist on racism that includes humor and strange situations. In this particular episode the conflict was Joel thought that his girlfriend was ashamed of him and he was afraid to tell his friends he was dating a homosapien. The moral of the story was its okay to date anyone you would like. I hope this show will endeavor. I give it two thumbs up.
  • it has slim potential

The show is about Cavemen living in the current society of us. But the show isnt that good but it isnt extremely bad. The one problem with the show is that it is just a bit awkward at time. Also they didnt even use the same actors from the original cavemen commericials for geico incurance. What the heck. Plus another problem is that its on Abc which never has had these type of shows on there so it really is a risk for them. I think it would do better if it was like on [adult swim], fox, or comedy central. But anyway this show has slim potential and is barely watchable.
  • Please, no Gecko comedy!!

5.9
    This show...is bad. Not REAL bad, but just bad. I can't believe ABC thought this was a good idea. This is from the same station that bring us such awesome shows as Ugly Betty and Extreme Makeover Home Edition? Bad choice! I wanted to give the show a shot because of all the hype it's been given. It was, after all, the first show to be spawned from an ad campaign. I wasted 30 minutes of my life. Bad acting, bad premise, bad...everything. I bet Geico would sue if they could. I would, if I were them. Just, do us a favor, and don't attempt to put that cute little gecko in a comedy. I'm begging you!!
  • The Pilot was so much better!

I was looking forward to this after seeing the pilot about a month ago. The original episode had many more themes and jokes running, it seems they dumbed the show down (as ridiculous as that may sound) before airing the newly re-shot episode.

The episode was still good, and I'm looking forward to seeing more. All of the actors have decent roles, and the premise is interesting, and unique in how they can play with social taboos. There are so many extreme reviews - 50% rated the show perfect, 50% abysmal.

If I were rating the pilot, I would give it a 7.5, but this episode was nowhere near as good, although I really hope they get to complete the season.
  • This show has good and bad.

6.6
    This show needs a lot of work. I really don't want this show to become dumb and mock the Geico advertisment, and my avatar! Well, some funny parts but mostly boring storylines and bad humor. This isn't bad but it needs work. A whole lot of work. This show is going down in the ratings very fast, and I don't want that! If you have read my first forum post of the show, 38% of the votes thought the show was 1 star, in other words terrible. The show is new and is already going downhill fast. The show needs work.
  • I was so looking forward to this show and it turned out to be terrible.

I was so looking to this show and it sucked. it was the worst show I've ever seen. ABC has the best shows, why this!
    This is the only show of the new season that I dont like. Private Practice is pretty good, Dirty Sexy Money is absolutely amazing, Pushing Daisies is awesome, and Chuck, even though it's on NBC, is really good. But this is terrible. Someone should chase this down into a hole and berry it. Who ever created this show should be executed for crimes against humanity. Ofcourse Desperate Housewives and Ugly Betty have returned and I've been with those shows since the beggining, but but this should be cancelled, and even if ABC does decide to waste thirty minutes of a line up for the season, I very much hope it won't return for a second. CAVEMEN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • This show actually surprised me...

7.9
    Okay, so I had a long day and just wanted to veg out for about an hour or so in front of the tv but nothing interesting seemed to be on and we deceided to flip on the new show Cavemen. Well I absolutely was ready to bash it and hate it however to my surprise it had me laughing out loud. It is alot smarter written than I assumed it would be for a show about cavemen...I realized it is about alot more than that. It addresses so much going on in the world but in a different way (clearly)...I will tune in next.....
  • "Cavemen"... Really?

I can't even imagine what can be good about a show that has, as a main character, the silly little human-animal from the Geico comercials. After years of television and huge improvements in day by day primetime, it's totally a waste to bring a TV show with such a poor storyline and deranged characters. So my real question is: "really"?
    The major purpose in television is to entertain, that's true; but, please, let's ask for more respect for what is being brought onto the screen. Finally, it's time to demand for something more useful, and beg to take this meaningless show out of our nights, for once and for all.
  • Cavemen need to go back to the cave. Modern day Cavemen trying to make it with modern day people. Hiding girlfriends from one another, teaching others how to work furniture, not funny. Plus made modern day man look ridiculus and stupid. Not funny!

I watched less than 10 min of this show. It wasn't funny! It was flat out stupid. I had to change the channel. It's been a long time since I disliked a show as bad as this. I'm sure they'll do the traditional 2 or 3 shows. I won't be watching them. I'm sure not many people will. It was a disaster! It had no interesting qualities. In a nutshell it stunk. Commercials were funny. Show was not. Far from being like the commercials. What a sad display of a supposed to be comedy. It made no sense and it didn't take me long to change the channel.
  • For a series based on popular Geico ads, there was no Geico and no funny ad moments.

The good news is that it's not a bad show. The not so good news is that it's a typical bachelor-guys formula comedy just with cavemen this time out. It's disappointing that there were no catchy Geico-commercial moments to speak of. In fact, there weren't even any Geico commercials. What's up with that ? It would've been so cool to have recreated one of the commercials within the show, why wouldn't they do that ? And how me-too are all these new shows with technology ?! I think every new show this season has made a big deal about their characters text messaging and having musical ringers. I guess it's a way to time-date the series. And Cavemen made a big deal of the Nintendo Wii. The storyline and plot premise itself was ho-hum. Bachelor guys having chick troubles, including interracial - er- that is, interspecies, too. Seems to be throwaway to me. But I'm outside the apparently 12-25 yr old demographic. I think it'll do its six-episode run then go hiatus. There's no real gotta-see-what-happens-next-time hook to it. Feh.
  • 3 Cavemen, living in the city, keeping it gangsta, while playing video games, eating a large sum of food and hitting on hot chicks everyday, while keeping a carefree attitude about life. What else fo you want me to say?! Watch the show and find out!

A genius comedy, about modern day cavemen living the high life. Dating homosapiens and keepin it gangsta. I hope show producers learn from this and take it to heart to construct a show with the contingency of CAVEMEN. Now really, what is better? It's 3 cavemen, living together, in the city, interacting with people unlike them and their crazy daily antics. I for one will continue to watch this show for however long they decide to keep it on the air. I loved the Geico commercials with the disgruntled cavemen, but now I can get my weekly dose every tuesday night at 8pm!
1 2 3