Cavemen

Gislef

Cavemen Fan Reviews (74)

6.3
  • Commercial was GREAT, NOT SO GREAT TV show

Its sad to have seen the commercial end, but I do agree with most viewers in the fact that The Cavemen show was not necessary. No matter how funny the commercial is, it does not mean that you need to make a television show out of it. I really appreciated the humor that the commercial brought to us viewers. I do feel bad for the TV show being canceled so soon, but its just a lesson to all other make a tv show out of a commercial, especially when one portrays a certain amount of stereotypes.
  • Not one of ABC's brighest ideas! For heaven's sake, the show lasted for a month and 11 days! The shortest ever!!

Not one of ABC's brighest ideas! For heaven's sake, the show lasted for a month and 11 days! The shortest ever!! Where were the brains of ABC when they made this show. It was the most stupid show ever! For one, I and countless others hated the stupid Geico commercials with those hairy pieces of crap, but then to watch a show about Cavemen. No! I can't be the only one that didn't even want to look at the show, because as I said at the beginning of the post the show lasted from October to November. The shortest ever! Not on of ABC's finest, that's for sure!

1.0 for absurd, idiotic, and NOT one for the eye!
  • a good show that ended to early...

i wasnt much fan of the geico insurance commercials about oppressed cavemen, but i just loved the idea of a trio of neanderthals struggle to live in modern day america as a tv show. it is funny and amusing and the plot goes pretty fast. characters are very real thanks to the nice work done by the make up team. it might be the kind of cranial humor that america do not seem to like for some reason... i think that everyone was determined to hate it before it even came out. because of this the show ended to early, this should be worthy three season at least if you ask me.
  • Caveman ABC TV

c'mon people, don't just bury it with bad reviews because that's the easy thing that everybody else is doing, this show wasn't nearly as bad as the critics want us to think. The commercials were cool and funny. they made us all laugh with how irreverent the characters were, and how pissed off they were when they were dissed. when i heard it was going to be a TV show, i railed against it because they wern't using the same actors from the Geico ads. But after an episode or two, i wanted to give these guys some slack, they were trying to put out a show with a specific theme; Cavemen exist and nobody cares. i thought that was cool and they should be given a chance. the morons above are only happy if it's a clone of Desperate Housewives, or some insipid reality game show. I know ABC considered themselves highbrow when it came to canceling "Cavemen" but saw no intellectual problems with renewing some takeoff of a Japanese gameshow where contestants bounce off of giant rubber balls into pools of mud for everyone's amusement. yeah, renew THAT one but don't act like "Cavemen" was the worst show on TV just because it seems like the thing to say.
  • i thought this show was gonna be hilarious but to me this is the WORST show i ever seen. its pretty much no shock to me why it got canceled

i remember, i watched this show thinking i would love it. since i liked watching the infomercials for car insurance. [[ sorry i don't know how to spell it]]. the only episode i ever watched was the episode when they all went to get some type of frozen treat and they men a women. that episode i hated. the show was confusing was not funny and i never watched another episode since. i know this is just my opinion on this but that show was probably the worst show i seen in a long long long time. they should have just stayed with the commercials.
  • They were bad at advertising it. It was on a channel that i wathc very often and i still find my self shocked when my friend said it came on and was cancelled. When Where. I was So confused.

They were bad at advertising it. I really looked forward to it. I loved the commercials and like the plot for the show. I would expet to not know from other channels but ABC FOX and NBC have no excuse. It was on a channel that i watch very often and i still find my self shocked when my friend said it came on and was cancelled. When Where. I was So confused. I don't know if it was good but from what she said and what i read, i call it superb because it deserved that much. I sure it was great and probally would have gon greatter if only given a chace. If only. They should give it another chance and try to advertise next time. Atleast i joined Tv.com and wil never miss a premiere again. Thank G*d
  • Bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least finish the final episodes! I though this show was a refreshing break from the norm. Sure, it was ripped off of a commercial, but it brought out a flavor of its own in the end. It was edgy, it carried minority and majority issues in a well-crafted toungue-in-check manner, and it was different. It seemed targeted to an oft overlooked market section of college-educated, not quite YUP but close, 20-30 somethings and zeroed in on them like no other show I've ever watched. Pure gold in my opinion. Tell me what I need to do to squeeze some more episodes out of ABC!
  • Very clever. I looked forward to it each week!

I know the critics panned this show, and when I first saw the previews for it I thought it would be a bomb.

I was pleasantly surprised to find it funny. The dialog and play on stereotypes was cleverly done. It had much of the same low-key humor of "The Office", and I looked forward to the show each week. It was sort of that quirky show that could be either really bad or really good. Mostly, it was good.

Sorry to see it go. I think that once the so-called "experts" destroyed it, everyone just piled on. It was a very orginal concept that offered interesting opportunities for comedy. Looking at some of the other reviews here, I guess that some people just did not get it. Thanks for trying it.
  • Perfect example of why I don't listen to other's reviews.

It's a good thing that I don't listen to other people's reviews and especially if those people are reviewers for a living. If I did I would have missed out on many television shows and movies all because someone didn't like it and feels that everyone else should agree.

When I first heard that a television show based on the cavemen from the Geico commercials was being made, I thought it was an interesting but dumb idea. I was curious but not really interested in watching the show. The show came and went and I didn't even notice.

I am now in Iraq, on my third tour, and sometimes you get a lot of down time and while browsing other people's media files you watch anything you can to pass the time. I got a hold of all eight (including pilot) episodes of Cavemen and I was hooked. I watched all the episodes in one sitting and loved it.

The show is placed in current times and the dialog didn't seem scripted. It's a simple look into the lives of three cavemen as they live day to day. Their troubles are familiar (race issues, girl issues, everyday life issues) but in relation to being a caveman.

It's too bad this show was hated on by so many people. I give this show a ten because I was entertained and I connected with the characters. Shows are suppose to entertain but sadly the television network don't see it that way. Just another show that didn't please the greedy, pot-bellied network execs so it had to die. Nothing a simple television lover like me can do about it.

If you've never watched this show because of what you've read, give it a try. It just might surprise you like it did me.
  • It is about time Cavemen got cancelled. I thought it was the stupidest show on the planet. This planet is having problems of its own without those stupid Cavemen butting in. The first time my Mom saw it, I knew it would be canned after 2 months. Well

2.6
    I think that Cavemen was boring, and boring. Now carpoolers is a better show. I have already decided that I would watch my MacGyver DVDS, and all that stuff. DVDS keep you young you know? Well enough about Cavemen. It is ended, and that is that. Things happen for different reasons. I am somebody who knew Cavemen wouldn't last. It makes me happy that the stupidest show on the planet is gone. This planet needs more talented shows. It is going to be sometime before we know what is happening here. Crime is up, and violence is the #1 problem in our country today. But there are alot of people who don't anything wrong. And that is the way it ought to be. Well cheers to ABC for cancelling Cavemen.
  • How did they base an entire show a commercial? This show makes no sense. Cavemen in a modern society? What?

2.6
    I saw the commercials advertising the show a few weeks before the premiere, and I could tell the show would be a flop. Still, I wanted to see it. So I watched it. It made no sense and had really no plot. I mean the only thing I could even make of it was that they used lots of modern equipment (like a Wii, or something) and brand names and websites (I think they mentioned Wikipedia and Myspace). I suppose that no one has any original ideas any more so they vaguely base a show around an insurance commercial. Whatever. I feel this show is stupid and pointless, but I'm not trying to offend its viewers and fans.
  • caveman about three modern day cavemen.living there lives with lots of prejudice and a lot stereo types about them but they prove them wrong in a funny way that you can't help to love with an indie fell.it has heart and is a true orignal check it out.

honestly this is my new favorite t.v show until this show i had to thank hard for a fav show. it was shows i loved but not a favorite show just some i really like for example house,scrubs,monk,psych,the game,all of us,family guy and the simpsons.i hope the strike end soon cause it came and the worst possible time and i hate it hade to be one. some shows are starting but only a few good ones and a truck load of dramas i don't watch. i love this show and i want to see more cavemen whos with me?!!!! -lilsnug85
  • The worst show ever

This IS one of the worst shows EVER created. It watched maybe 10 minutes of the pilot episode and couldn't stomach another second. It made absolutely no sense what so ever.

If this show hasn't been canceled yet maybe its a good thing there is a writers strike on now. Now there will be no fresh episodes (if you can say that the show is fresh, it stinks like rotten garbage).

The caveman Geico thing was cute at first but now is totally annoying. Get rid of the commercials get rid of the show. Throw it in the garbage, write it off as a mistake, don't even think about trying to sell it on DVD (cause you might sell ONE copy if your lucky) and don't look back.
  • An underrated show that people automatically dislike because it seems like a lame idea.

I'm probably not alone in that I watched this show the first time just to see what a train wreck it would be. But while I didn't love it at first, I didn't hate it and I decided to give it another shot. By the time they were standing in the long line to try Fakeberry, I realized that this show is actually pretty witty and the writers are great observers of people. It has yet to air a truly terrific episode, but I'm confident that if the program is on long enough, they'll get there. As it is, the show is very smart and funny and the characters are all so real.

I believe that people's knee-jerk reaction is to dislike this show because of its origin. But if given a chance, they should see that this show goes beyond the one joke that the commercials offered. So they're cavemen. Let's all move on from that and enjoy a good program.
  • I didn't watch it until midseason because I thought I thought it was just a ploy to capitalize off an already tired ad campaign. I was wrong... (read my review)

After the Geico commercials, I thought this show was going to be a one dimensional mess, but I've been pleasantly surprised! It's witty and intellectual, even quite funny. The way they tackle prejudice in the form of the cavemen to cover all races, religions, and creeds makes us able to enjoy the tongue-in-cheek parody of todays society and realize how out of control people's sensitivities are vs how they are acually treated, imagined or real. Unfortunately, it still needs some work, it's hard to get a great show off the ground from a few 30 seconds tv spots. The issue of prejudice does bog down some of the episodes, but it just needs time to flesh out the story and its characters. I mean look at the Office... the first few episodes of it were painful to watch until they had set up all of the nuances. I say kudos!
  • A Long Time Coming...

Finally! A comedy which doesn't rely on tired old sight gags and fart jokes, and treats its audience as if it has a sense of humor sophisticated beyond that of a 12 year old! I have grown so tired of sitcoms that try to lead me around by the nose and patronize me with the same old lame and formulaic humor. It's a breathe of fresh air for me to finally find a sitcom where the humor has more subtlety, finesse, and intelligence than a Buick to the forehead. Apparently, America has grown so used to the cookie-cutter comedies we've been buried under over these many years that we can't recognize a gem when we finally get it. I hope Cavemen comes off of hiatus and we get to enjoy intelligent humor for as long as the writers' creative juices can carry it. Those of you who truly don't "get it" will always be free to change the channel and enjoy your one-size-fits-all generic pap all you wish.
  • The Caveman drove me nuts with Geico and now this?

I laughed my rear end off the first few episodes. It could be a keeper if the show was retooled a bit. It reminds me of Alien Nation for some strange reason. It also reminds me of the Flintstones brought to human form. That is the perspective that I try to keep as I watch the show. It has begun floundering a bit and I am not sure why. Perhaps the premise wasn't as comepletely thought out as it should have been. I am slowly being turned off and have caught myself channel surfing during the show. There has to be good entertainment out there somewhere!
  • They have the Cavemen, inspired by the Geico commercial. But a whole series?

3.3
    What's next? A spin-off for the Geico Gecko? Talk about your product placement. Actually, this show, the one time I watched it so far, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

In fact, I liked the part where he attacked the Caveman mascot only to find--well, I don't want to spoil it for you, but they use the Cavemen to spoof political correctness, and also other racial attitudes.

But it is still basically a pretty lame idea to base a series on a commercial. I am just curious to see how long it will last, and might even watch it again, though it would be a very very guilty pleasure.
  • LOVE this show on so many levels! Funny. Clever writing/situatons. On a "deeper" level, it is an interesting look at "racial" prejudice. Forces us to see how superficial we can be as we stereotype and judge people on appearance. (You all look alike!)

Hope this show outlasts first impressions and the critiques! I am doing MY part to spread the word. I love this show on so many levels. Funny! Very clever writing and situations, with endless future possibilities. Characters are developing nicely.

On a deeper level, it is an interesting look at racial prejudice from both sides. Forces us to see how superficial we can be as we sterotype and judge people on appearance. (Those people all look the same to me! BUT Nick, Joel and Andy couldn't be more different... could they?) Also deals with those with a chip on their shoulder assuming that everyone hate "our kind and our lack of success is someone else's fault!

Great Show! Hang in there!! Bring on the t-shirts and posters! And Halloween costumes!
  • The future

The new TV series Cavemen may be the best blast at the future by going to the past. I think it helps mark the end of the overweighted PC control on our morals and sexual connection between people. This show helps to kill the metrosexual emasculation of the American male and does it in a funny way. I hope that it gets picked up for another season. I was so happy when I heard that they were converting the Geico ads into a TV show. It is also a good poke at how bad racism can be, so keep up the good work.
  • i think this show rox

it has the right type of humor...yeah its a little bit toward Nick's character but all in all its a good show... i really like it despite what other people say. I hope it doesnt get cancelled. Some of the humor has political tendencies and i really dont tend to like that but the show mixes all kinds of comedy that works well. I truly hope it works out................ ...... .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  • Why, Just... Why?

Ok seriously... What is up with these new shows, is it a goal to make them as bad as they possibly can every season; because if it is, they are definitely doing a great job at it! This is a show about people pretending to be cavemen, how on earth can that be considered funny? The people are guys who dress up as cavemen, does this all of a sudden make them cavemen? Well how about you decide... I really cant believe they made a show about a commercial and I have no idea how this could still possibly be on the air, please take it off the aid, I don't know who is keeping it on but come on this is a joke! I rate this show an F!
  • Television is in need of shows where people live in the now. Even though the main characters are cavemen, this show is the first t.v. show to actually feel like it's in the new millenium.

The cynical guy, keepin it real, the responsible well rounded older brother, the guy getting on with his life after a breakup. We all know these people in our real lives. The cynical guy who is finishing his thesis, smarter than everyone but a complete slacker. The older brother working for the man, well IKEA in this case, (a tv version of the store.) The guy that's new in town, moved there to get away from his old life and starting over. So many shows seem like they are somehow not up-to-date or current with the times. Cavemen does not have this problem, it feels fresh, new and very funny.
  • I'm not even going to bother sumerising this show, it sucks! (why can't i give it a 0 as a score? it deserves it!) all they did was stretch out gieco commercials. i could have more fun eating my own crap. some people might like it, but i hate it.

i pretty much summed it all up in my Summary... oh well, might as well continue. the creators of this show watched way way way too much gieco comercials. (i wanted to capitilize that to make a point...stupid no capitilizing rule) and must be bored out of their skulls to even think about making this show. people, save yourselves, don't watch this show. watch other shows like the simpsons, pushing daisies, and well... anything but this show... some people might like this show, but i don't. i hate it. the show could of been better, (could of? anything could of been better!) but i have no idea how, because nothing can save this show...
  • I love the Cavemen

I love the Cavemen. I love the actors, the stories, the writing, the way it looks, and just about everything else about it. I only have two complaints about the show, first I wish it was on every night, and two words....MORE MAURICE.
    Maurice is by far my favorite character, and he needs to be on more. Love him. But I love all the actors, even the ones in the very minor roles are doing a great job. This show reminds me of the old fantasy shows of my youth, like The Munsters, The Addams Family, I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched, etc. I sure hope ABC gives it a chance.
  • One joke show

It's amazing how far they can stretch one joke... though that joke is very funny. The show has found some creative writers to keep the show funny from one episode to the next. However, the material has got to run thin eventually. Nick Kroll was an excellent casting choice, it just shows what a great resource UCB really is to the comedy scene. Human Giant is where you should really see him shine. If they lure more UCB ulmni to the show, it would only improve the quality. I'm glad that it's lasted as long as it has, but I don't see it lasting longer than the episodes that have already been written/produced. Most likely due the jadedness of it's true audience, which wouldn't be caught dead watching a sitcom based something as "evil" as an ad campaign.
  • Cavemen is a show that presents most of it's humor in subtle ways that can almost be missed if one is not paying attention. This funny show is to be perused, and the relationships between the characters is the mainstay of the show, not the story lines.

Ok, i've just got to post a review on the Cavemen show before it comes on again; i've waited too long already. So, i figured Cavemen was going to be really good or really bad, not winding up anywhere in the middle of the scale, and, happily, i find it to be a solid, enjoyable show. It's not got that in-your-face kind of comedy like Seinfeld or Two and a Half Men--it has the type of humor which is sometimes so subtle if you're not paying attention it can be missed. Like when Andy writes his resume and gives one to Nick and asks, "Did you see my special skills? I betcha didn't know I was a drum major, huh? **waaay back in the day resumes were required to have a special skills section which they darn well don't have today**. And Nick says, "You just get cooler every second." This goes over lil Andy's head and Nick silently figures he's just made his points for the day, Nick being the type who keeps score.

It's the relationships between the characters which are the main attractions of this show, not the story lines. The personalities of the cavemen skillfully weave in and out and around each other by way of sound acting from the cast and talent of the writers. There's Joel, the stern, walk-a-straight-line one who is actually a soft touch and has a good heart; Andy, the seemlingly drifty one who isn't yet aware he knows who he is; and Nick, the unemployed, working-on-his-PHD lost cause who hasn't yet discovered his love for principles. Then there's Leslie, the condo manager who "cooks the books" and can't seem to tell Joel, Andy and Nick apart and Katie, Leslie's daughter, who is dating Joel, is called a "smoothie" because she has no full-on body hair and who, according to her friends, has a caveman fetish because of the number of cavemen she has previously dated. i mean, how much crazier does it have to get?

Anyway, as i said, i like this show....and i'll continue to watch it for however long the advertisers decide to keep it on the air. There's just one thing, though--i wish they had hired the original cavemen from the Geico commercials. The caveman who was on the moving sidewalk in the airport, the one who noticed the caveman ad on the wall and came back and made a double take, displayed movements of irritation that still crack me up.
  • This is a show about the Cavemen from the Geico commercials. It focuses on three main Cavemen who live together and trying to live like everyone else without any Cavemen steroetypes.

Worst new show! I don't know how this show has not been cancelled yet. There were spanish subtitles at the bottom of my screen the whole first episode and I do not even know Spanish, but this show bored me so much I just stated trying to read the Spanish subtitles rather than watch the show. The commercials were funny, but they should have never been made into a show. I never had any high expectations for this show to begin with, so I'm not really dissapointed with it. I just regret wasting thirty minutes of my life watching something so awful.
  • Finally a sitcom without an attractive wife married to a fat, balding jerk!

I hate television but this show rules! The only other shows I watch are the likes of Seinfeld reruns, LOST, Curb, and the office. I think everyone needs to chill the f- out and realize this show is genius! Of course when I heard they were making a show based off of the insurance caveman, I thought the whole idea was retarded, but oh man its actually intelligent and witty and the characters somehow remind me of what would happen if Owen and Luke Wilson had the appearance of cavemen and lived together with a third brother. For serious, this show is really funny and like some one else commented, seems to be one of the only sitcoms for our time. C'mon, if you've visited LA recently you'll find the episode where everyone is obsessed with a business all too similar to Pinkberry, downright hilarious! I could keep describing how good this show is but honestly it would take all afternoon. Watch it,I'm bummed its gonna be cancelled if it isn't already!
  • Caveman Show

You cannot watch the show once and get a feel for it. You have to watch it at least three times and you will be hooked! The cavemen all have different personalities that become distinguishable after a few episodes. This show is extremely funny while not having to be too obvious about it. I think in order to understand the humor you have to be quick witted and intelligent. I really hope this show stays on for at least a few seasons! I think the filming has a documentary/journalistic style to it, which makes you feel like you're intruding on a private conversation. Love it! Love it!
< 1 2 3