Cavemen

ABC (ended 2007)

Gislef

Cavemen Fan Reviews (74)

6.3
  • Not sure if the same stereo-caveman type jokes can carry this every week

I wanted to see this to see what they possibly can do with
    this TV show that taken from a commercial.
    I think the only thing that makes the show funny is the sarcastic caveman Nick.
    The three cavemen do seem to have nice chemistry together.
    It seems like this will get old real quick and that the
    hidden racial jokes that are being made as caveman jokes
    are only funny the first few times around.
    I think this show needs something more comedy wise to
    carry it through a full season(s)
    Of course I could be wrong about the show, and a little unfair to judge it from only one episode. But I give it 6 episodes, then cancellation.
  • Weird....i like it

7.4
    ok, i watched the first episode.IT is surreal to see that a commercial for Geiko is now a tv show. It's a very off-beat humour, which i DO enjoy. I think this show would be more successful 10 years ago during the P.C. era, since it seems to be making a spectacle of the Cavemen being a minority race. It reminds me a little of 3rd Rock from the Sun, with all the commentary on society. I can't say it's the best show out there, or hillarious, but I plan to watch a few more episodes of it, it has my attention.
  • FUn and light

Fun and nice change from all the crud on TV. My wife and I sat and watched it and we will watch it again. It was a bit more sophisticated than I thought it would be which made it that more interesting to watch and see what might happen next. We both hope it is around and can have a chance to develope further. Cool play on how smart they are and yet they are just as normal as the rest of us folks Keep it going and thanks to those guys who started it all in the Geico ad. Good luck
  • Awfull.

Why? That was the question I asked myself when I first heard about this show. There is no reason for it to be one the air. I watched for the first few minutes to see how bad it would be, I wasn't dissapointed. It's not funny and just flat out stupid. They don't shave but they use cellphones? It doesn't make any sense. Luckily it won't last much longer. This is just a horrible idea. Making a poor sales pitch into a T.V show. I didn't like the commercials and I don't like the show. I hate it with a passion. Won't be around much longer anyways.
  • Original pilot was mediocre, new pilot is refreshing. Hopefully all the bad buzz from the 'Net doesn't ruin Cavemen's chances.

7.7
    When I watched this show the first time around (I refer to the ill-fated original pilot that wont see the light of day on ABC) I was quick to defend it as I was always a big fan of the Geico commercials but even I'll admit it was pretty bad. The second time around was much, much better. Sure, cavemen are still a minority but its not so much in your face as well switching up Andy's charector from a dumb jock type to a heartbroken, whipped cavemen did wonders. Upon the initial viewing, I gave this show a 3 to 5 week chance but now after the new pilot has aired I hope ABC gives the Cavemen a whole season. I think they've got something here.
  • Uh, please, turn, it, off, before, I, gag

This (expletives deleted) of a show is a hackneyed "stranger in a strange land" with pseudo valley speak furry actors. It's about as engaging as a rhinoceros selling toothbrushes. A fish on a bicycle is more interesting than this dreck. A certain purple dinosaur would be hated less than this.

Perhaps the writers and producers live in such a shallow mindless world, and are merely transposing their useless and wasted lives onto the fictional cavemen. I pity them, if that is the case. So, why do we have to suffer them?

Perish the thought!

My crystal ball shows a shark jumping in the near future. This show will sink into the toilet bowl of oblivion. The only good thing will be the millions of eyeballs saved from risk of torment by any accidental viewing.
  • Cavemen is a series that revolves around one single joke, or actually one old commercial. Sadly, this alone does not make a good sitcom. If the show keeps going this way, by next fall the caveman will be extinct again.

This show had already been slagged on the internet before it was released. I never care about things like that and watched the pilot without predudice. While it wasn't the best show I've ever seen it most certainly wasn't the worst either. The writing seemed somewhat lame, but there was some nice chemistry between the three leading characters (Joel, Nick and Jamie). 'Normal' Joel made a nice team with the pretentious Nick and the dim-witted Jamie. With this combo, I had high hopes for the new series.

Sadly, they changed the cast. The funny Jamie was replaced with a not very funny Andy. The anticipation for this show dropped to zero when I saw the first episode. The new team of cavemen is just not working. And since the cavemen itself are the only thing this show has going for it, there is nothing left to like.

Cavemen in it's current form is a boring, not very funny show. The writing is average and non-eventfull, and the acting isn't making it any better. The characters are flat. Next to Nick there are no worthwhile characters, and with the loss of Jamie no lovable ones. The show tries to be funny, dramatic, trendy, and smart (with a cavemen = african-americans anology), but isn't any of those things.

It seems all this internet buzz was right on the money. Cavemen in this form simply has no fighting chance. Maybe the network will allow one season so they can bring out a DVD. but next fall, the caveman will be extinct again, and I'm not sad for it.
  • Can you turn a cute commercial into a TV show? Someone thought you could with this new show Caveman.

I really wanted to like this show because i enjoyed the commercials so much. I was mildly impressed with it. The show revolves around Joel and his two brothers (at least i think they are his brothers) and them trying to fit into the homo-sapien world. Apparently there are more cavemen around than we realize and they seem to have there own society (or sorts). I will say it has potential to be funny and the younger brother (sorry cant remember his name) does seem to be pretty funny but it never really made me laugh out loud. I will give it another try next week and hopefully the writing will improve and it will be LOL funny!
  • This show is so bad I cancelled my GEICO car insurance policy!

1.7
    This show is so bad I cancelled my GEICO car insurance policy! Ok, not really, but I almost picked up the phone.

I thought the preview clips released were bad but the whole thing was worse. The main characters legs looked hiddeous like they he was a burn victim or something yet all these hot attractive women were throwing themselves at the cavemen? Oh yeah, right... like that would be remotely realistic even if cavemen really existed now. The dialog and jokes were attrocious. Any hotness/appeal of the women is immediatly erased by watching the cavemen sipping drinks at the bar babbling about nothing. Joel and his girlfriend arent even the same species - shes Human, he's a Cro Magnon! Thats icky to nth degree. I know this is supposed to be about minorities being discriminated against but this is not the way to go about it. 100 other series have done it better.

Seriously, this show should be cancelled now. Whats next? Will the GEICO Gecko get his own series? Ugh... Though that series would have to be better than Caveman.. then again... Just goes to prove that turning a commercial character into a sitcom is a very very bad idea.
  • Something new. Needs some sight gags other than just the makeup. Has great potential. I hope the next episode is funnier.

I had anticipated that it would be a lot funnier and was mildly disappointed, however, with a few slapstick sight gags it can be so much more so. I found the commercials quite funny and this tends to be less so. One of the cavemen, the brainy one stole this episode but the one with the "sape" girlfriend is too anal. He needs to lighten up a little, after all, its a comedy. What is the young one there for other than to be a whipping boy for the other two. Give him a hidden talent or something. Overall I liked it.
  • About 3 cavemen living in the world with other humans and dealing with dicrimination.

Wow just wow .... I don't really know what to think! Some of it's funny and I love how they deal with discrimination and racism a bit and the make up is excellent. I wanted to and was ready to absolutely HATE the show with a passion and give it a 0.1 but I was actually kinda surprised. Some modern day jokes and gags I hope they get into more of a comedic mode. Not your average sitcom. I mean I may not watch next week but it wasn't the crap show with a laugh track I was expecting. I mean who in they're right mind would pick up a show based on an insurance commercial? Hope it gets better.
  • Three aliens making their way in an uncivil society.

I felt as if I were watching television set in the 1960's. It clearly and repeatedly made fun at other races. The premise is absurd, which is often not a bad thing. In this case it was awful. I felt ill at ease for most of the television show. It finally dawned on me that I was watching a knock-off of Amos and Andy. This was not clever comedy. It was boorish. One or two racial jokes are more than enough. I understand that every set-up has to be racial in order for the show to make it's point. ABC-you got nothing else better? Be ashamed ABC. Be very ashamed.
  • Shows extreme promise

The shows promise and I enjoyed the first episode and actually lol'ed a few times. Hopefully the episodes will continue to bring the laughter cause it seems that every is criticizing this show even before it aired. Now is it as funny as the Office, friends, or Seinfeld? The answer is obviously no, however it has some great concepts and the characters are unique and detailed. Ignore the reviews about the racial discrimination crap if you're that sensitive you shouldn't be watching comedies. The show should be reviewed on its entertainment value not on whether or not it coincides with your political agenda's.
  • 3 Cavemen, living in the city, keeping it gangsta, while playing video games, eating a large sum of food and hitting on hot chicks everyday, while keeping a carefree attitude about life. What else fo you want me to say?! Watch the show and find out!

A genius comedy, about modern day cavemen living the high life. Dating homosapiens and keepin it gangsta. I hope show producers learn from this and take it to heart to construct a show with the contingency of CAVEMEN. Now really, what is better? It's 3 cavemen, living together, in the city, interacting with people unlike them and their crazy daily antics. I for one will continue to watch this show for however long they decide to keep it on the air. I loved the Geico commercials with the disgruntled cavemen, but now I can get my weekly dose every tuesday night at 8pm!
  • For a series based on popular Geico ads, there was no Geico and no funny ad moments.

The good news is that it's not a bad show. The not so good news is that it's a typical bachelor-guys formula comedy just with cavemen this time out. It's disappointing that there were no catchy Geico-commercial moments to speak of. In fact, there weren't even any Geico commercials. What's up with that ? It would've been so cool to have recreated one of the commercials within the show, why wouldn't they do that ? And how me-too are all these new shows with technology ?! I think every new show this season has made a big deal about their characters text messaging and having musical ringers. I guess it's a way to time-date the series. And Cavemen made a big deal of the Nintendo Wii. The storyline and plot premise itself was ho-hum. Bachelor guys having chick troubles, including interracial - er- that is, interspecies, too. Seems to be throwaway to me. But I'm outside the apparently 12-25 yr old demographic. I think it'll do its six-episode run then go hiatus. There's no real gotta-see-what-happens-next-time hook to it. Feh.
  • Cavemen need to go back to the cave. Modern day Cavemen trying to make it with modern day people. Hiding girlfriends from one another, teaching others how to work furniture, not funny. Plus made modern day man look ridiculus and stupid. Not funny!

I watched less than 10 min of this show. It wasn't funny! It was flat out stupid. I had to change the channel. It's been a long time since I disliked a show as bad as this. I'm sure they'll do the traditional 2 or 3 shows. I won't be watching them. I'm sure not many people will. It was a disaster! It had no interesting qualities. In a nutshell it stunk. Commercials were funny. Show was not. Far from being like the commercials. What a sad display of a supposed to be comedy. It made no sense and it didn't take me long to change the channel.
  • "Cavemen"... Really?

I can't even imagine what can be good about a show that has, as a main character, the silly little human-animal from the Geico comercials. After years of television and huge improvements in day by day primetime, it's totally a waste to bring a TV show with such a poor storyline and deranged characters. So my real question is: "really"?
    The major purpose in television is to entertain, that's true; but, please, let's ask for more respect for what is being brought onto the screen. Finally, it's time to demand for something more useful, and beg to take this meaningless show out of our nights, for once and for all.
  • This show actually surprised me...

7.9
    Okay, so I had a long day and just wanted to veg out for about an hour or so in front of the tv but nothing interesting seemed to be on and we deceided to flip on the new show Cavemen. Well I absolutely was ready to bash it and hate it however to my surprise it had me laughing out loud. It is alot smarter written than I assumed it would be for a show about cavemen...I realized it is about alot more than that. It addresses so much going on in the world but in a different way (clearly)...I will tune in next.....
  • I was so looking forward to this show and it turned out to be terrible.

I was so looking to this show and it sucked. it was the worst show I've ever seen. ABC has the best shows, why this!
    This is the only show of the new season that I dont like. Private Practice is pretty good, Dirty Sexy Money is absolutely amazing, Pushing Daisies is awesome, and Chuck, even though it's on NBC, is really good. But this is terrible. Someone should chase this down into a hole and berry it. Who ever created this show should be executed for crimes against humanity. Ofcourse Desperate Housewives and Ugly Betty have returned and I've been with those shows since the beggining, but but this should be cancelled, and even if ABC does decide to waste thirty minutes of a line up for the season, I very much hope it won't return for a second. CAVEMEN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • This show has good and bad.

6.6
    This show needs a lot of work. I really don't want this show to become dumb and mock the Geico advertisment, and my avatar! Well, some funny parts but mostly boring storylines and bad humor. This isn't bad but it needs work. A whole lot of work. This show is going down in the ratings very fast, and I don't want that! If you have read my first forum post of the show, 38% of the votes thought the show was 1 star, in other words terrible. The show is new and is already going downhill fast. The show needs work.
  • The Pilot was so much better!

I was looking forward to this after seeing the pilot about a month ago. The original episode had many more themes and jokes running, it seems they dumbed the show down (as ridiculous as that may sound) before airing the newly re-shot episode.

The episode was still good, and I'm looking forward to seeing more. All of the actors have decent roles, and the premise is interesting, and unique in how they can play with social taboos. There are so many extreme reviews - 50% rated the show perfect, 50% abysmal.

If I were rating the pilot, I would give it a 7.5, but this episode was nowhere near as good, although I really hope they get to complete the season.
  • Please, no Gecko comedy!!

5.9
    This show...is bad. Not REAL bad, but just bad. I can't believe ABC thought this was a good idea. This is from the same station that bring us such awesome shows as Ugly Betty and Extreme Makeover Home Edition? Bad choice! I wanted to give the show a shot because of all the hype it's been given. It was, after all, the first show to be spawned from an ad campaign. I wasted 30 minutes of my life. Bad acting, bad premise, bad...everything. I bet Geico would sue if they could. I would, if I were them. Just, do us a favor, and don't attempt to put that cute little gecko in a comedy. I'm begging you!!
  • it has slim potential

The show is about Cavemen living in the current society of us. But the show isnt that good but it isnt extremely bad. The one problem with the show is that it is just a bit awkward at time. Also they didnt even use the same actors from the original cavemen commericials for geico incurance. What the heck. Plus another problem is that its on Abc which never has had these type of shows on there so it really is a risk for them. I think it would do better if it was like on [adult swim], fox, or comedy central. But anyway this show has slim potential and is barely watchable.
  • Basically three cavemen live together in a apartment. One man(Joel) works at an ikea type store and seems to be the grounded person. the other caveman(Andy) is more mellow with strong believes and third cave man(Trip) is kind of lost in the wind

I thought this show was very enlightening. I loved every moment of it. The characters were developed in a timely matter. I like the way this show deals with diversity and the way Americans deal with change. It is kind of a twist on racism that includes humor and strange situations. In this particular episode the conflict was Joel thought that his girlfriend was ashamed of him and he was afraid to tell his friends he was dating a homosapien. The moral of the story was its okay to date anyone you would like. I hope this show will endeavor. I give it two thumbs up.
  • Hummm.

Wow. I just don't know what to say about this one. It's a show based on a handful of Geico commercials. This could turn out to be mildly entertaining, but I'm not sure if I will actually stay tuned. The pilot was O.K. but left a lot to be desired. No one is really to blame other than the guy that greenlighted this mess. I just don't think that the plot will be strong enough to get it past a seven episode pilot season. I will watch the next three to see if it goes anywhere, but I doubt it will. Which is a shame because the commercials were funny, sadly, funnier than the show itself.
  • It's hard being a modern-day caveman. I don't get why this show is bashed, it's very original and funny.

The show Cavemen revolves around three modern-day cavemen by the names of Joel, Nick, and Andy. The show is very funny and original, and no there aren't any jokes about Geico. This is the kinda show that makes you think "Hmm, that was not at all like I had expected, that was pretty good." It's a very original show. This show is an original idea based from the Geico auto insurance company and formulated into a television show by ABC, after the latest commericals from Geico saying quote "So easy a caveman can do it." In doing this, a series was formed.
  • I liked what I saw so far. Something new. I'll give it a chance.

7.8
    Sorry, but I have to say I liked this show. I thought it was a fun idea, and it came off well. I look foward to seeing more of this querky little show. With so much of TV being cookie cutter vision, this was a breath of freash air. Ok its not perfict but for 30 mins I enjoyed my self. Go cavemen!
  • Pathetic.

This show is so putrid that I cannot believe any television producers would shell out a cent for this so-called 'show.' To be honest, the money they wasted on a bad investment isn't the only thing, nor the most important thing they lost, which is their dignity. This show was inspired by a series of Geico insurance commercials. Yes, you read that right. The television show, however, does not deliver any laughs, is insulting to anyone who actually sits through an episode, and is guaranteed to be canceled any day now. How has television sunken so low? The episode last night involving Nick (or whatever his name was - one of the 3 'Cavemen') getting a job and failing miserably at it then filing a lawsuit against the company was totally void of laughs or any ounce of entertainment.
  • The powers that be need to be overhauled!

1.2
    I didn't bother to waste my time watching the ridiculous Cavemen, but now that the reviews are in, will you now bring back "The Class"?? ... idiots ... If you're not satisfied when you have a hit on your hands, then what is the point of going to work every day? People were sick of the commercial before you even made a show out of this. Heck, I'd have rather seen a show about the Gecko. Whoa!! No!! I was just kidding! Please don't go making a show about geckos. You just never know what you people will think is a good idea. sheesh
  • Modern cavemen in the workplace

7.7
    This show definitely doesn't deserve bum rap it seems to be getting from the critics! It seems like people were lining up to attack this show before it even aired, and couldn't wait to write their clever headlines about this show becomming extinct.

I too was sceptical of making a whole show out of a commercial, but the writers and actors made it work. I found this show to be as good if not better than the more predictable sit-com clones out there.

Hopefully the characters will have a chance to develop and attain some greater depth as the season progresses

If you haven't seen it, give it a shot!
< 1 2 3