Cavemen

Gislef

Cavemen Fan Reviews (74)

6.3
  • Caveman ABC TV

c'mon people, don't just bury it with bad reviews because that's the easy thing that everybody else is doing, this show wasn't nearly as bad as the critics want us to think. The commercials were cool and funny. they made us all laugh with how irreverent the characters were, and how pissed off they were when they were dissed. when i heard it was going to be a TV show, i railed against it because they wern't using the same actors from the Geico ads. But after an episode or two, i wanted to give these guys some slack, they were trying to put out a show with a specific theme; Cavemen exist and nobody cares. i thought that was cool and they should be given a chance. the morons above are only happy if it's a clone of Desperate Housewives, or some insipid reality game show. I know ABC considered themselves highbrow when it came to canceling "Cavemen" but saw no intellectual problems with renewing some takeoff of a Japanese gameshow where contestants bounce off of giant rubber balls into pools of mud for everyone's amusement. yeah, renew THAT one but don't act like "Cavemen" was the worst show on TV just because it seems like the thing to say.
  • They were bad at advertising it. It was on a channel that i wathc very often and i still find my self shocked when my friend said it came on and was cancelled. When Where. I was So confused.

They were bad at advertising it. I really looked forward to it. I loved the commercials and like the plot for the show. I would expet to not know from other channels but ABC FOX and NBC have no excuse. It was on a channel that i watch very often and i still find my self shocked when my friend said it came on and was cancelled. When Where. I was So confused. I don't know if it was good but from what she said and what i read, i call it superb because it deserved that much. I sure it was great and probally would have gon greatter if only given a chace. If only. They should give it another chance and try to advertise next time. Atleast i joined Tv.com and wil never miss a premiere again. Thank G*d
  • Bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least finish the final episodes! I though this show was a refreshing break from the norm. Sure, it was ripped off of a commercial, but it brought out a flavor of its own in the end. It was edgy, it carried minority and majority issues in a well-crafted toungue-in-check manner, and it was different. It seemed targeted to an oft overlooked market section of college-educated, not quite YUP but close, 20-30 somethings and zeroed in on them like no other show I've ever watched. Pure gold in my opinion. Tell me what I need to do to squeeze some more episodes out of ABC!
  • Cavemen need to go back to the cave. Modern day Cavemen trying to make it with modern day people. Hiding girlfriends from one another, teaching others how to work furniture, not funny. Plus made modern day man look ridiculus and stupid. Not funny!

I watched less than 10 min of this show. It wasn't funny! It was flat out stupid. I had to change the channel. It's been a long time since I disliked a show as bad as this. I'm sure they'll do the traditional 2 or 3 shows. I won't be watching them. I'm sure not many people will. It was a disaster! It had no interesting qualities. In a nutshell it stunk. Commercials were funny. Show was not. Far from being like the commercials. What a sad display of a supposed to be comedy. It made no sense and it didn't take me long to change the channel.
  • Caveman Show

You cannot watch the show once and get a feel for it. You have to watch it at least three times and you will be hooked! The cavemen all have different personalities that become distinguishable after a few episodes. This show is extremely funny while not having to be too obvious about it. I think in order to understand the humor you have to be quick witted and intelligent. I really hope this show stays on for at least a few seasons! I think the filming has a documentary/journalistic style to it, which makes you feel like you're intruding on a private conversation. Love it! Love it!
  • Finally a sitcom without an attractive wife married to a fat, balding jerk!

I hate television but this show rules! The only other shows I watch are the likes of Seinfeld reruns, LOST, Curb, and the office. I think everyone needs to chill the f- out and realize this show is genius! Of course when I heard they were making a show based off of the insurance caveman, I thought the whole idea was retarded, but oh man its actually intelligent and witty and the characters somehow remind me of what would happen if Owen and Luke Wilson had the appearance of cavemen and lived together with a third brother. For serious, this show is really funny and like some one else commented, seems to be one of the only sitcoms for our time. C'mon, if you've visited LA recently you'll find the episode where everyone is obsessed with a business all too similar to Pinkberry, downright hilarious! I could keep describing how good this show is but honestly it would take all afternoon. Watch it,I'm bummed its gonna be cancelled if it isn't already!
  • Very clever. I looked forward to it each week!

I know the critics panned this show, and when I first saw the previews for it I thought it would be a bomb.

I was pleasantly surprised to find it funny. The dialog and play on stereotypes was cleverly done. It had much of the same low-key humor of "The Office", and I looked forward to the show each week. It was sort of that quirky show that could be either really bad or really good. Mostly, it was good.

Sorry to see it go. I think that once the so-called "experts" destroyed it, everyone just piled on. It was a very orginal concept that offered interesting opportunities for comedy. Looking at some of the other reviews here, I guess that some people just did not get it. Thanks for trying it.
  • It's pretty much as good as you expect a car insurance commercial stretched to 30 minutes would be.

I'm not going to waste a lot of time/space writing about Cavemen. Basically, it is those Geico commercials with the modern day cavemen taken to a full half hour. And yes, it is as good as you would imagine, ie: not at all. I just had to watch it at least once to see how they managed to make a 30 second spot into 30 minutes. Painfully is the answer. Although, the soundtrack is pretty good. They use a lot of Royksopp (the band they used in several Geico commercials). I think I watched one and a half episodes before I quit.
  • The worst show ever

This IS one of the worst shows EVER created. It watched maybe 10 minutes of the pilot episode and couldn't stomach another second. It made absolutely no sense what so ever.

If this show hasn't been canceled yet maybe its a good thing there is a writers strike on now. Now there will be no fresh episodes (if you can say that the show is fresh, it stinks like rotten garbage).

The caveman Geico thing was cute at first but now is totally annoying. Get rid of the commercials get rid of the show. Throw it in the garbage, write it off as a mistake, don't even think about trying to sell it on DVD (cause you might sell ONE copy if your lucky) and don't look back.
  • This is a show about the Cavemen from the Geico commercials. It focuses on three main Cavemen who live together and trying to live like everyone else without any Cavemen steroetypes.

Worst new show! I don't know how this show has not been cancelled yet. There were spanish subtitles at the bottom of my screen the whole first episode and I do not even know Spanish, but this show bored me so much I just stated trying to read the Spanish subtitles rather than watch the show. The commercials were funny, but they should have never been made into a show. I never had any high expectations for this show to begin with, so I'm not really dissapointed with it. I just regret wasting thirty minutes of my life watching something so awful.
  • It's shows like this that proves that we are losing the war on drugs.

If the police want a big drug bust, all they have to do is go to ABC studios and find the people that red lighted this train wreck, all the writers and anyone supporting this. This is a disgrace to all Americans and a major insult to our intelligence, even more than Flavor of Love or Rock of Love. This show shouldn't last 4 more weeks so hopefully it will be gone for good and easily forgotten. What's next? The Burger King King opens a roller rink against his rival Roller Rink owner Ronald McDonald but both businesses fail due to Carl's Jr dumping their industrial waste in the nearby landfill. Maybe I shouldn't give these idiot's ideas.
  • caveman about three modern day cavemen.living there lives with lots of prejudice and a lot stereo types about them but they prove them wrong in a funny way that you can't help to love with an indie fell.it has heart and is a true orignal check it out.

honestly this is my new favorite t.v show until this show i had to thank hard for a fav show. it was shows i loved but not a favorite show just some i really like for example house,scrubs,monk,psych,the game,all of us,family guy and the simpsons.i hope the strike end soon cause it came and the worst possible time and i hate it hade to be one. some shows are starting but only a few good ones and a truck load of dramas i don't watch. i love this show and i want to see more cavemen whos with me?!!!! -lilsnug85
  • LOVE this show on so many levels! Funny. Clever writing/situatons. On a "deeper" level, it is an interesting look at "racial" prejudice. Forces us to see how superficial we can be as we stereotype and judge people on appearance. (You all look alike!)

Hope this show outlasts first impressions and the critiques! I am doing MY part to spread the word. I love this show on so many levels. Funny! Very clever writing and situations, with endless future possibilities. Characters are developing nicely.

On a deeper level, it is an interesting look at racial prejudice from both sides. Forces us to see how superficial we can be as we sterotype and judge people on appearance. (Those people all look the same to me! BUT Nick, Joel and Andy couldn't be more different... could they?) Also deals with those with a chip on their shoulder assuming that everyone hate "our kind and our lack of success is someone else's fault!

Great Show! Hang in there!! Bring on the t-shirts and posters! And Halloween costumes!
  • A Long Time Coming...

Finally! A comedy which doesn't rely on tired old sight gags and fart jokes, and treats its audience as if it has a sense of humor sophisticated beyond that of a 12 year old! I have grown so tired of sitcoms that try to lead me around by the nose and patronize me with the same old lame and formulaic humor. It's a breathe of fresh air for me to finally find a sitcom where the humor has more subtlety, finesse, and intelligence than a Buick to the forehead. Apparently, America has grown so used to the cookie-cutter comedies we've been buried under over these many years that we can't recognize a gem when we finally get it. I hope Cavemen comes off of hiatus and we get to enjoy intelligent humor for as long as the writers' creative juices can carry it. Those of you who truly don't "get it" will always be free to change the channel and enjoy your one-size-fits-all generic pap all you wish.
  • Basically three cavemen live together in a apartment. One man(Joel) works at an ikea type store and seems to be the grounded person. the other caveman(Andy) is more mellow with strong believes and third cave man(Trip) is kind of lost in the wind

I thought this show was very enlightening. I loved every moment of it. The characters were developed in a timely matter. I like the way this show deals with diversity and the way Americans deal with change. It is kind of a twist on racism that includes humor and strange situations. In this particular episode the conflict was Joel thought that his girlfriend was ashamed of him and he was afraid to tell his friends he was dating a homosapien. The moral of the story was its okay to date anyone you would like. I hope this show will endeavor. I give it two thumbs up.
  • An underrated show that people automatically dislike because it seems like a lame idea.

I'm probably not alone in that I watched this show the first time just to see what a train wreck it would be. But while I didn't love it at first, I didn't hate it and I decided to give it another shot. By the time they were standing in the long line to try Fakeberry, I realized that this show is actually pretty witty and the writers are great observers of people. It has yet to air a truly terrific episode, but I'm confident that if the program is on long enough, they'll get there. As it is, the show is very smart and funny and the characters are all so real.

I believe that people's knee-jerk reaction is to dislike this show because of its origin. But if given a chance, they should see that this show goes beyond the one joke that the commercials offered. So they're cavemen. Let's all move on from that and enjoy a good program.
  • Creative, well adjusted, but the characters tend to be plain.

This series is getting better every episode.. it started pretty bad, but as the characters evolve it makes more sense. It gives a sarcastic perspective of how people tag others just by the way they look, totally brakes the enigma of stereotyping
    Never the less the writers have to be careful in not falling into a repetitive cycle. Shows that reflect our inner persona tend to last longer..if they could manage to identify the viewers into the cavemen, definitively would increase the show ratings. I credit the writers and producers for making a whole sitcom based on a TV ad, you don't see that much of creativity in many of todays shows.
  • a good show that ended to early...

i wasnt much fan of the geico insurance commercials about oppressed cavemen, but i just loved the idea of a trio of neanderthals struggle to live in modern day america as a tv show. it is funny and amusing and the plot goes pretty fast. characters are very real thanks to the nice work done by the make up team. it might be the kind of cranial humor that america do not seem to like for some reason... i think that everyone was determined to hate it before it even came out. because of this the show ended to early, this should be worthy three season at least if you ask me.
  • Cavemen is a series that revolves around one single joke, or actually one old commercial. Sadly, this alone does not make a good sitcom. If the show keeps going this way, by next fall the caveman will be extinct again.

This show had already been slagged on the internet before it was released. I never care about things like that and watched the pilot without predudice. While it wasn't the best show I've ever seen it most certainly wasn't the worst either. The writing seemed somewhat lame, but there was some nice chemistry between the three leading characters (Joel, Nick and Jamie). 'Normal' Joel made a nice team with the pretentious Nick and the dim-witted Jamie. With this combo, I had high hopes for the new series.

Sadly, they changed the cast. The funny Jamie was replaced with a not very funny Andy. The anticipation for this show dropped to zero when I saw the first episode. The new team of cavemen is just not working. And since the cavemen itself are the only thing this show has going for it, there is nothing left to like.

Cavemen in it's current form is a boring, not very funny show. The writing is average and non-eventfull, and the acting isn't making it any better. The characters are flat. Next to Nick there are no worthwhile characters, and with the loss of Jamie no lovable ones. The show tries to be funny, dramatic, trendy, and smart (with a cavemen = african-americans anology), but isn't any of those things.

It seems all this internet buzz was right on the money. Cavemen in this form simply has no fighting chance. Maybe the network will allow one season so they can bring out a DVD. but next fall, the caveman will be extinct again, and I'm not sad for it.
  • For a series based on popular Geico ads, there was no Geico and no funny ad moments.

The good news is that it's not a bad show. The not so good news is that it's a typical bachelor-guys formula comedy just with cavemen this time out. It's disappointing that there were no catchy Geico-commercial moments to speak of. In fact, there weren't even any Geico commercials. What's up with that ? It would've been so cool to have recreated one of the commercials within the show, why wouldn't they do that ? And how me-too are all these new shows with technology ?! I think every new show this season has made a big deal about their characters text messaging and having musical ringers. I guess it's a way to time-date the series. And Cavemen made a big deal of the Nintendo Wii. The storyline and plot premise itself was ho-hum. Bachelor guys having chick troubles, including interracial - er- that is, interspecies, too. Seems to be throwaway to me. But I'm outside the apparently 12-25 yr old demographic. I think it'll do its six-episode run then go hiatus. There's no real gotta-see-what-happens-next-time hook to it. Feh.
  • Not sure if the same stereo-caveman type jokes can carry this every week

I wanted to see this to see what they possibly can do with
    this TV show that taken from a commercial.
    I think the only thing that makes the show funny is the sarcastic caveman Nick.
    The three cavemen do seem to have nice chemistry together.
    It seems like this will get old real quick and that the
    hidden racial jokes that are being made as caveman jokes
    are only funny the first few times around.
    I think this show needs something more comedy wise to
    carry it through a full season(s)
    Of course I could be wrong about the show, and a little unfair to judge it from only one episode. But I give it 6 episodes, then cancellation.
  • As a 4th year anthropology major the commericals attracted me quickly. The show however was greatly depressing. It wasn't at all like the commercials. But I think the show has potential.

3.7
    Someone earlier commented that the commericals appealed to people because it was based on the injustices that the cavemen went through everyday. That people could relate to it because we have all been there at some point in time. That was the best part about the commericals because cavemen in todays world is so odd and people are just drawn to watching them just to see what they go through. Anyway, the show still appeals to me because i know that there is lots of potential here. Though the show wasn't as funny as I thought, in fact I think I only laughed once. it wasn't even a full laugh.. i guess what Im looking for is more reactions from the human race at the shock of the cavemen. Or humans feeling superior.. more friction. It can be a pretty fun show if they do it right. And the writers better hurry because they have to capture the audience while their still giving it a chance.
  • Great concept, the Geico Cavemen as a tv show dealing with a world that doesn't know they exist, just not very well executed.

2.8
    I wanted to like it. I really did. I stuck around hopeing it might get good but it never did. the make-up was kinda cruddy, the acting is sub-par, the stories were OK, but they don't make real use of the fact that they are cavemen in today's society. the stories seem lifted right out of the comedy tv show handbook. If that is what they were going for then they did a great job, but I expected better. Not only that but they claim It's based off Geico commerercals, yet they don't use those cavemen or even make references to it.
  • How did they base an entire show a commercial? This show makes no sense. Cavemen in a modern society? What?

2.6
    I saw the commercials advertising the show a few weeks before the premiere, and I could tell the show would be a flop. Still, I wanted to see it. So I watched it. It made no sense and had really no plot. I mean the only thing I could even make of it was that they used lots of modern equipment (like a Wii, or something) and brand names and websites (I think they mentioned Wikipedia and Myspace). I suppose that no one has any original ideas any more so they vaguely base a show around an insurance commercial. Whatever. I feel this show is stupid and pointless, but I'm not trying to offend its viewers and fans.
  • This show is so bad I cancelled my GEICO car insurance policy!

1.7
    This show is so bad I cancelled my GEICO car insurance policy! Ok, not really, but I almost picked up the phone.

I thought the preview clips released were bad but the whole thing was worse. The main characters legs looked hiddeous like they he was a burn victim or something yet all these hot attractive women were throwing themselves at the cavemen? Oh yeah, right... like that would be remotely realistic even if cavemen really existed now. The dialog and jokes were attrocious. Any hotness/appeal of the women is immediatly erased by watching the cavemen sipping drinks at the bar babbling about nothing. Joel and his girlfriend arent even the same species - shes Human, he's a Cro Magnon! Thats icky to nth degree. I know this is supposed to be about minorities being discriminated against but this is not the way to go about it. 100 other series have done it better.

Seriously, this show should be cancelled now. Whats next? Will the GEICO Gecko get his own series? Ugh... Though that series would have to be better than Caveman.. then again... Just goes to prove that turning a commercial character into a sitcom is a very very bad idea.
  • It really stinks! now how could this be? Well, the powers that be think the audience is as stupid as the show...please release us from this crap!

It is not anything resembling the clever t.v. ads. Why mess with what worked? This show is a disaster!!
    Not clever, not funny, not sophisticated, not original, not anything but juvenile and stupid. Even a fifth grader would say-"bring back the t.v. ads-go away baaaaad show!"
    Okay, the premise of the ads was super funny, clever and original. The actors in the ads were great. Now, we have these poor actors on the show doing their best to entertain with a horrible script and concept gone wrong. So easy, even modern man and woman can turn off the show...
    Gotta go!!! And fast!!
  • "Cavemen"... Really?

I can't even imagine what can be good about a show that has, as a main character, the silly little human-animal from the Geico comercials. After years of television and huge improvements in day by day primetime, it's totally a waste to bring a TV show with such a poor storyline and deranged characters. So my real question is: "really"?
    The major purpose in television is to entertain, that's true; but, please, let's ask for more respect for what is being brought onto the screen. Finally, it's time to demand for something more useful, and beg to take this meaningless show out of our nights, for once and for all.
  • Three aliens making their way in an uncivil society.

I felt as if I were watching television set in the 1960's. It clearly and repeatedly made fun at other races. The premise is absurd, which is often not a bad thing. In this case it was awful. I felt ill at ease for most of the television show. It finally dawned on me that I was watching a knock-off of Amos and Andy. This was not clever comedy. It was boorish. One or two racial jokes are more than enough. I understand that every set-up has to be racial in order for the show to make it's point. ABC-you got nothing else better? Be ashamed ABC. Be very ashamed.
  • Uh, please, turn, it, off, before, I, gag

This (expletives deleted) of a show is a hackneyed "stranger in a strange land" with pseudo valley speak furry actors. It's about as engaging as a rhinoceros selling toothbrushes. A fish on a bicycle is more interesting than this dreck. A certain purple dinosaur would be hated less than this.

Perhaps the writers and producers live in such a shallow mindless world, and are merely transposing their useless and wasted lives onto the fictional cavemen. I pity them, if that is the case. So, why do we have to suffer them?

Perish the thought!

My crystal ball shows a shark jumping in the near future. This show will sink into the toilet bowl of oblivion. The only good thing will be the millions of eyeballs saved from risk of torment by any accidental viewing.
  • One joke show

It's amazing how far they can stretch one joke... though that joke is very funny. The show has found some creative writers to keep the show funny from one episode to the next. However, the material has got to run thin eventually. Nick Kroll was an excellent casting choice, it just shows what a great resource UCB really is to the comedy scene. Human Giant is where you should really see him shine. If they lure more UCB ulmni to the show, it would only improve the quality. I'm glad that it's lasted as long as it has, but I don't see it lasting longer than the episodes that have already been written/produced. Most likely due the jadedness of it's true audience, which wouldn't be caught dead watching a sitcom based something as "evil" as an ad campaign.
< 1 2 3