Celebrity Big Brother Forums

Daily 9:00 PM on Channel FiveIn Season

Should there be another CBB?

Should there be another CBB?

ticainuk

[1]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 9
    Personally, I think that unless they are able to find crazy enough “A listers” to sign up, they should forget about it, count their loses and put all their energy in the production of regular BB.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CarlosY2Jericho

[2]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 5
    All CBB5 has managed to do is ruin carriers.

No. It'll be great if this was the last CBB.

4TINKERBELL

[3]Jan 28, 2007

It was the individuals behaviour that ruined their careers  CBB just gave them the platform to do so and if these celebrities are found so abhorrent by the public once they have seen their true personality then so be it.

These people are unpleasant with or without the show so would you be happy to keep lining their pockets without knowing what they are?!I never liked Jade never bought any of her stuff etc because I knew she was a nasty bully now everyone knows and neither are they.

As for A listers they are never  going to get big famous current stars but I'd argue that Jermaine, Shilpa and Dirk are A listers Jermaine being a Jackson, Dirk was the star of the 2 biggest tv of an era and not forgetting that was before satellite and cable so those shows were watched by about 20 million people! And Shilpa is described as India's Angelina Jolie!

I think this years BB was ruined the minute they put the Baddies in there and the race row has overshadowed everything and even affected the whole eviction process taking away our participation aspect.

If the show had run as usual I think it would be plenty interesting with the eccentric characters staying such as Ken Russell and Donny there would have been arguments and personality's wouldn't have been stifled as there were in presence of the slug. This year wasn't CBB it was The Jade show it was set up for her to win and it went wrong.

Last year however was brilliant Pete Burns was hilarious and Dennis Rodman (wow now there is a star)The celebrity version of BB is always going to be good as they are entertainers have egos, issues etc and we always have a preconceived image of them which is interesting to compare to the reality. I think it is the regular BB that is going to struggle, the first year we watched because it was a social experiment, it was new so it was interesting whatever happened but each year they have had to  add more and more controversy to keep us interested there are no average people in there anymore, a lot have had questionable mental health and it's only a matter of time before things go really wrong and someone could even end up being killed. (in other countries there have been a sexual assault and a knife incident on BB)

I predict this year may be the last for BB but I do hope at least celeb BB will live on.

weloveben

[4]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 7
    4TINKERBELL wrote:

I predict this year may be the last for BB but I do hope at least celeb BB will live on.

I have to say....I think normal big brother is just a waste of time! At least with CBB you can actually see what the stars are like (when they aren't acting and bigging themselves up)....I hope it is the end to BB because they people never stick around...unless you count Jade Goody, whose life has been made and ruined by the show! I hope CBB stays!

4TINKERBELL

[5]Jan 29, 2007

weloveben wrote:
    I hope it is the end to BB because they people never stick around...unless you count Jade Goody, whose life has been made and ruined by the show!

Would you really want them to?!

The only real winners of BB (in terms of creating a tv career) are:

John Tickle BB4 now co-hosts Sky ones Braniacs with Richard Hammond

Alison Hammond BB3 popular ITV interviewer/presenter on This Morning amongst other things

The only BB winner of any success to speak of would be Brian Dowling who went to do SMTV and Kids Ministry of Mayhem amongst other TV presenting jobs although he seems to have disappeared now.

Generally they are talentless nobodys who are ok to laugh at in the BB house but very much glad to see the back of once it's over. Especially the more recent series' if you want a career in TV the last place to start is BB as you will never have any credibility after!

J-o-h-n-n-y

[6]Jan 31, 2007
    • level: 16
    No.

trueblu

[7]Jan 31, 2007
    • level: 7
    I never watch the normal bb so i really hope cbb returns its far more interesting because its condensed to a couple of weeks and something happens in every episode plus the public tends to have prior opinions of the housemates before they go in and these can change or strengthen depending on what happens in the house i thought ian was annoying in his steps days and i was right he is even a little more irritating than i thought!

TvMadde

[8]Jan 12, 2009
    • level: 17
    i have to write an essay on Big Brother

Stupid English.

Id definetly say that CBB is better than BB, at least with BB, your not getting brand new useless celebs but reviving alredy existent and useless celebs careers.

Think of it as a form of recycling

by the way, have to add in personal imput into this essay so... would you guys mind telling me why you watch Big Brother

like "It's funny" or something im hopeless

eimajamie

[9]Jan 18, 2009
    The normal BB show isn't created to make celebrities, it's a gameshow for a wod a cash, yeah sure there are people that go in with every intention of trying to get celebrity status but it's not like C4 is just putting a load of people on TV and saying these are your new celebrities, whether you like them or not, it's the wacky personalities that managed to give housemates like Jade/Nikki/Brian careers afterwoods (If you can even call Jade's life a career.

/rant over