Celebrity Deathmatch

Shaq v. Kobe

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Jul 01, 2006 on MTV - Music Television

6.8
  • First match: Missy Elliot vs Gwen Stephani Second Match: Kevin Federline vs Justin Timberlake Third Match: Shaqeil O Neil vs Kobe O Bryant

This episode is by far the worst of them all. I am definitely enjoying this season of celebrity deathmatch and have adjusted and accepted the changes from the old deathmatch. This episode should have never been made. The first fight was really lame. It didn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t even really go off of the celebrities which made me feel like the fighters could have been any old person. The only thing was Missy Eliot\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s suckers and that truly is not enough. Missy Eliot getting beheaded by Stephani\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s stiff arm was unrealistic and stupid and then it got worse, she puts her head back on and takes off Gwens. I just wanted to puke, not because of the gore though, because of the stupidity. I don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t know much of Missy Eliot and i think they did this because of a video she made but that is not enough to throw it into the deathmatch. I don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t mind supernatural things happening as long as the are used where they should. For example Marilyn Manson and Willie Nelson\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s thrid eye. It seems the new deathmatch is doing too much in the wrong place. The second fight had two celebrities who i am uninterested in but it seemed like it was well done so i didn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t mind it much. I did think that federline\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s golddigging was overused though. Thats a fight that i would easily forget. It doesn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t bring up an episode and it doesn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t bring down an episode but i certainly don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t want to see an episode with three fights like this and the fact that this was this episode\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s best fight was simply appalling. As for the Shaq versus Kobe match! This one made me so mad. It wasn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t even a real fight. Kobe walks up gets picked up and then gets his head ripped off. That is not a deathmatch. I couldn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t beleave my eyes when i say that. What was celebrity deathmatch thinking with that one! The fact that Shaq cannot shoot freethrows is not a good reason to ruin a whole matchup for me. And what makes it worse is that we already had a Shap versus Kobe fight that was amazing and hilarious. That fight was so quality. I am not keen on mtv bringing back celebrities that have already died and seeing them do this to a classic matchup completely boils my blood. 450 lashes to all that helped make that fight. Thumbs up to mtv on the great new celebrity deathmatch minus this episode. The other three rocked though. I just hope i never have to see one like this again and still get fed my dose of deathmatches.