Celebrity Fit Club Forums

VH1 (ended 2010)

Can anyone on this show do math?

kathiheck

[1]Feb 19, 2010
    • level: 18
    Once again, I am confounded by the way that the people who calculate the statistics for this show can't do simple things like addition. I watched the second episode of this season very carefully, and wrote down all the data posted onscreen, so I just don't understand the final tally that Dr. Ian was coming up with didn't make any sense. How is it that the red team had a higher score when Bobby actually had a negative fat loss percentage? (I'm not counting the extra ten points won in challenges) How is it that Jay lost 7 pounds but had 0% fat loss? How is it that Nicole was declared the week's biggest loser when Kevin had higher percentages for everything against her? I've been saying that this show's program has been screwed up for years. and this just drives it home. For one thing, whose bright idea is it to switch all the teams around halfway through the competition, thereby completely screwing up the scores?? (Case in point-- In season 3, the producers gave the prizes to Kelly LeBrock's team, even though weight totals alone, Chaz Bono's team beat her by 20 pounds and teammate Countess Vaughn GAINED 4 pounds more than when she first weighed in!) Second, if this really IS Boot Camp, why are the celebrities allowed to leave? If you truly sequestered them like in real Boot Camp and controlled what they ate, then they couldn't beef at Nicole, Bobby and Sebastian for getting drunk all the time, and cases like last season, when everybody ganged up on Dustin Diamond after he was stranded in Wisconsin in episode 4 because the airport shut down (Don't believe the other celebs on the show who claimed nothing was wrong-- I speak from experience as somebody who got stranded in Kansas City around that same time [Feb 2007] because Mitchell Airport was shut down and I couldn't get home) wouldn't have occured. As long as they had a two year gap between seasons, somebody should have done some changes to the program. The scales may not lie, but the "experts" sure do! The only thing I'm truly glad of is the much needed absence of ANT; he was annoying and rude.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alirk

[2]Mar 24, 2010
    • level: 22

kathiheck wrote:
    Second, if this really IS Boot Camp, why are the celebrities allowed to leave? If you truly sequestered them like in real Boot Camp and controlled what they ate, then they couldn't beef at Nicole, Bobby and Sebastian for getting drunk all the time, and cases like last season, when everybody ganged up on Dustin Diamond after he was stranded in Wisconsin in episode 4 because the airport shut down.

It would be more interesting if they did keep them @ the camp all the time, but I'm sure it would be much harder to find "celebrities" to do the show. How many "celebrities" are going to have 2 months free to just go to a camp & do nothing else? They still have other responsibilities while they're on this show

SillySophie

[3]Mar 27, 2010
    • level: 9
    This isn't rehab where they need to be on lock down at the camp for two months. Harvey and Ian are trying to get the contestants to change their lifestyles for the better, and they can't learn to do that if they aren't out living their normal lives.

I have no idea how they come up with all those numbers during weigh-ins. All the percentages and fit factor points and bonus points are just confusing.