Central Park West

CBS (ended 1996)

UltimoGuerriero

Central Park West Fan Reviews (2)

• One of the best primetime soaps!

I loved this show! I wasn't too much of a fan of the reworked verison that came out in summer of 1996. But the 1st half was killer. The plots were great and not so over the top like Melrose had gotten. I loved the whole New York locale and the richness of the characters. Carrie is by far one of all time favorite characters in prime time soap history. And that is saying alot. I wish this show would come out on DVD because in the U.S they didn't show 3-4 shows, because it got pulled and they started with the reworked verison. Which the only plus that I liked about it was that it gave Lauren Hutton much more to do.
  • and unfortunately overlooked...

It was much better than Melrose place.

Had it been aired a couple of years earlier, it would have become am international success.

Think about it for a second: it had every required element and much more - The designated B**ch was already on board (Madchen Amick), versatile and talented cast that included new actors with well-known ones, (like Raquel Welch, Lauren Hutton, Ron Leibman & Mariel Hemingway)not to forget the great story-lines.

The major problem was its bad time slot. If I remember correctly, CBS put its premiere episode against Melrose Place 200th episode, and if you ask me, that wasn\'t a fair fight...

I think that if it will be released on DVD, recognition will soon follow.