Chancer

ITV (ended 1991)

TheOldBill

Chancer Fan Reviews (2)

6.9
  • A series about a young talented british businessman/conman named Stephan Crane, his adventures in business,romance and life in general as he grows an matures from his beginnings as a street tough con man to a legit british business person.

This series revolves around the young businessman/conman
    Stephan Crane.,a.k.a Derek Love,played by an early career
    Clive Owen. The young man is bursting with talent as becomes apparent to those who come into contact with him,
    including the meglomaniac financier Robert Franklin,played
    delightfully by british veteran actor Peter Vaugahn. (SP?) Clive Owen is a must see in this, his breakout role which
    led to U.S. film stardom. I encourage anyone who has access to a copy of the shows 2 dvds ( 2 seasons), possibly through
    your local library,to delve into Cranes world for a few hours- you won't be disappointed. As Stephan might say "Cranes Law - Rule number one- He who won't get off the fence will end up with splinters in his bum".
  • Chancer blew past my expectations.

Chancer blew past my expectations. At first, I had expected same old same old plot development but twist after turn of excitement and action just way exceeded my expectations. Mind you, there were some problems (most discontinuity issues) that I don't have the time to mention but all in all, a solid 9.