Chaos Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

CHAOS from hiatus to CANX to SATURDAY burn offs

TesserT

[1]Apr 19, 2011
    • level: 76
    An April 19, 2011 CBS Press Release says effective immediately repeats of CSI:NY will air starting Friday April 22 @ 8pm and then on May 6 new episodes of Flashpoint will air. The series has not been officially cancelled but there is no word if the entire 10 episodes that were shot will be aired sometime in the future. Alas the ratings for this show were poor.

EDIT: At the CBS Upfronts May 18, 2011, it was confirmed that CHAOS was cancelled.

EDIT: CBS will start burning off episodes on Sats starting May 28
    Edited on 05/27/2011 10:00am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Milli

[3]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 7

This is the type of decisions that really irks me! This show gets put on hiatus which is as good as cancelled and all of the un-air episodes will probably not be shown, but shows like American Idol, Survivor, The Amazing Race, The Simpsons are all in their double digit season. But shows like Fastlane and other great shows with potential get cancelled. Don't get me wrong I liked Idol, Survivor for the first season or two seasons but after that I found them nothing more then repetitive, but I simply thought that I don't have to watch them if I do not like them. However, after their 10th season I simply found them irritating and wishing that they would go away!!!! I loved the Simpsons growing up but now whenever I think about that show I am reminded about what actor/writer/producer Kevin Smith said when he was asked if he was going to create another Jay and Silent Bob movie and this is not verbatim; I don't want my work to be one of those things that just lingers. The television executives are finding something that makes money and flogging the ____ out of it!!! Sorry for ranting but this is just another enjoyable show with potential that has bit the dust because of greed.

frampton02

[6]Apr 25, 2011
    • level: 1
    This is really sad! Yes we only got to see 3 episodes...but i instantly connected with some of the characters! I am a big fan of Chuck so the comical government agency theme is right up my street. Not showing us the other 7 episode is a waste of money! I want to see them! And perhaps showing them will show an increase in viewers D:.

cross_mr

[7]May 18, 2011
    • level: 9
    *sigh* this looked like it would be decent. It's one thing to dump something after a season, 3 episodes in is bad.

Pazma

[8]May 18, 2011
    • level: 3

I can't understand the logic behind this at all. So they make 10 episodes, costing (x) amount of money only to air 3 of those 10 and choose to put repeats of other shows on instead? They didn't let the show have a chance to find it's audience, now they don't even know if it's cancelled. Even if they did choose to cancel it surely they could air the remaining eps. If they don't it's just money down the drain and who knows, maybe it will find it's audience and they'll actually start to make something from it. I've seen many quality shows cancelled before their time and it always confuses me. I just don't understand why people would do this. I think of it like a soccer match, one player has the ability to score say four goals a game but the coach only puts him in for 20 mins, he scores 1 goal and is subbed off. It's the equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot right before a marathon. I'd love to know the reasoning behind it, oh well....

Milli

[9]May 19, 2011
    • level: 7

I loved the whole I am a human weapon thing and then seeing him get chucked up against the truck and trying to hide from them under it. That is great comedy. It is that brilliance that I believe would have made this show great.

BarryWeen3

[10]May 19, 2011
    • level: 14

Pazma wrote:

I can't understand the logic behind this at all. So they make 10 episodes, costing (x) amount of money only to air 3 of those 10 and choose to put repeats of other shows on instead? They didn't let the show have a chance to find it's audience, now they don't even know if it's cancelled. Even if they did choose to cancel it surely they could air the remaining eps. If they don't it's just money down the drain and who knows, maybe it will find it's audience and they'll actually start to make something from it. I've seen many quality shows cancelled before their time and it always confuses me. I just don't understand why people would do this. I think of it like a soccer match, one player has the ability to score say four goals a game but the coach only puts him in for 20 mins, he scores 1 goal and is subbed off. It's the equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot right before a marathon. I'd love to know the reasoning behind it, oh well....

Doubt you're going to see the remaining episodes they shot unless for some reason they decide to release a DVD set. And CHAOS is no longer on hiatus, it's cancelled, confirmed during CBS' upfront presentation.

kanniballl

[11]May 26, 2011
    • level: 18

CBS is showing a couple of the episodes this Saturday, May 28

I don't know if that's everything that's left, but at least they're burning off some of the remaining ones.

Edited on 05/26/2011 5:35am

BarryWeen3

[12]May 26, 2011

kanniballl wrote:

CBS is showing a couple of the episodes this Saturday, May 28

I don't know if that's everything that's left, but at least they're burning off some of the remaining ones.

They aired 3 episodes, there are still 10 episodes left. From the "research" I did on The FutonCritic.com, it looks like CBS is burning off the rest of the episodes over the summer on Saturdays. As you say two episodes are airing this Saturday, "Two Percent" and "Mole" at 8PM and 9PM, then the rest of the episodes over June and July should be aired. At least we get to see them all, unless something changes.

haldrey

[13]May 27, 2011
    • level: 22
    That's great news. CHAOS fans, tune in to show them they were wrong in cancelling it.

BarryWeen3

[14]May 27, 2011

Here's another source that mentions the same burn-off schedule for CHAOS, don't know how reliable it is.

http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/

enctv

[15]May 28, 2011

Optimism hopes that another channel will pick it up, but thanks to CBS for at least showing the rest of the episodes.

chuck52

[16]May 28, 2011
    • level: 1

so is cbs just airing the episodes already made then canceling chaos or is chaos back? i hope its back i really enjoy this show

TesserT

[17]May 28, 2011
    • level: 76
    Chaos is still canx. CBS is using Saturday evenings to burn off the episodes they already filmed. Keep an eye on the TV schedule.

Writerpatrick

[18]Jun 4, 2011
    • level: 13

Unfortunately a burn-off doesn't guarantee all the remaining episodes will be aired. It's still possible that a couple episodes could go unaired. Although since they started it in the early part of the summer there's a better chance that the rest of the episodes will air. The numbers weren't bad for a Saturday.

nshinron

[19]Jun 5, 2011
    • level: 6

It makes me angry to see creative shows likes Chaos get canceled and shows like Camelot survives which is largely dependent on sex. In Camelot taking off cloths seems like drinking water from tap! So guys it seems vulgar sex overwhelms creativity. Hurray(****) TV channels of 21st centuryEmbarassed

BarryWeen3

[20]Jun 5, 2011

nshinron wrote:

It makes me angry to see creative shows likes Chaos get canceled and shows like Camelot survives which is largely dependent on sex. In Camelot taking off cloths seems like drinking water from tap! So guys it seems vulgar sex overwhelms creativity. Hurray(****) TV channels of 21st centuryEmbarassed

Consider also the proliferation of "reality" tv shows, most of which are drek but are very cheap to make.