Chaos Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

CHAOS from hiatus to CANX to SATURDAY burn offs

Writerpatrick

[21]Jun 11, 2011
    • level: 13
    nshinron wrote:

It makes me angry to see creative shows likes Chaos get canceled and shows like Camelot survives which is largely dependent on sex. In Camelot taking off cloths seems like drinking water from tap! So guys it seems vulgar sex overwhelms creativity. Hurray(****) TV channels of 21st centuryEmbarassed

You can't really compare a network show with a cable show. The standards are different. If Chaos was on cable it might have lasted longer.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Elric33239

[22]Jun 12, 2011
    • level: 2

Writerpatrick wrote:

Unfortunately a burn-off doesn't guarantee all the remaining episodes will be aired. It's still possible that a couple episodes could go unaired. Although since they started it in the early part of the summer there's a better chance that the rest of the episodes will air. The numbers weren't bad for a Saturday.

Sad, but true. After looking at my DirecTV preview section, it looks like next week's installment will be a repeat of the "Pilot" episode with no other eps listed! Either CBS is setting up other summer replacement shows and waiting for one of them to tank so that they can air more CHAOS burn-offs in its place or they're biding their time to investigate viewer interestthrough other mediumslike Amazon Instant Video, which sells downloads of individual episodes for $1.99 each. I bought and watched the first 3 episodes there because I missed the original broadcasts due to other commitments and zero advertising to prep me for DVR recordings.

While I'll look forward to "CHAOS - The Complete Series" coming out on DVD, I'm deeply disappointed with another example of network cowardice involving TV shows that don't rake in the ratings out of the starting gate but manage to entertain some of its channel-surfing audience! Am I the only one who remembers replacement shows that tooktheir viewers by surprise like "All in the Family?" According to an essay written by Harlan Ellison, that classic was originally meant to be an ABC comedy called "Those Were The Days," (which is why that song was sung at the opening), it was a remake of a British sitcom "Till Death Us Do Part," andthe audience screening itgave Norman Leara standing ovation!

The clowns are still running the circus!

Elric33239

[23]Jun 17, 2011
    • level: 2

Good news! I've discovered that DirecTV has updated its information regarding CHAOS! It appears that the airing schedule posted on the TV.comEpisodeGuideis correct and CBS will air the rest of the 13 episodes before the summer is over. I'm still disappointed that it probably won't be picked up for more episodes, but at least there will be a Complete Series DVD out and who knows? Maybe one of the cable channels will pick it up. Remember "Southland?"

TesserT

[24]Jun 18, 2011
    • level: 76
    If you want to see the order & dates that CBS has announced via press releases for the remaining CHAOS episodes, check out the Episode Guide.

DanielRichards0

[25]Jun 18, 2011
    • level: 7
    Its obvious now they never intended to keep this show, just look at episode 8 opener of him first meeting the blonde he was hooking with in the car at the end of episode 7 (another seemingly out of place episode).
    ANYONE got a production order yet so we can renumber the episodes so the continuity is right when we re-watch them later?

cross_mr

[26]Jun 18, 2011
    • level: 9
    Yes..it's a shame they didn't even bother to show these in order

Writerpatrick

[27]Jun 20, 2011
    • level: 13

The episode guide has the production order for the episodes so far.

http://www.tv.com/chaos/show/78637/episode.html?tag=page_nav;episode

Core Fortitude was suppose to air right after the pilot. It's bad enough they didn't air the originals in production order but not airing them in production order during the burn-off makes things worse. It's the same thing Firefly fans complained about. The sub-plots are completely messed up. It's like CBS never cared about the show to begin with.

BarryWeen3

[28]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 14

Writerpatrick wrote:

The episode guide has the production order for the episodes so far.

http://www.tv.com/chaos/show/78637/episode.html?tag=page_nav;episode

Core Fortitude was suppose to air right after the pilot. It's bad enough they didn't air the originals in production order but not airing them in production order during the burn-off makes things worse. It's the same thing Firefly fans complained about. The sub-plots are completely messed up. It's like CBS never cared about the show to begin with.

But at least they fixed the order for Firefly on the DVD set, so hopefully the same will happen for Chaos, assuming a DVD set is released.

mom2krb

[29]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 1

have enjoyed the show from the beginning thanks to DVR. difficult to keep up with the off airings. Husband and daughter got a chance to see it for the first time tonight and really enjoyed it. Sorry to hear that it is being cancelled. Trying to find it On Demand or on the internet. So sad to see a funny and different show get cancelled before it get going. there are only so many news like programming and reality shows that you can watch. Sorry that CBS has made a mistake with this move. perfect show that we could all watch together. Maybe USA or TNT will pick it up. Would work great on their networks.

mom2krb

[30]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 1

Tried to see if we could get from Netflix. not available yet and they could not tell me much about what state it would be in if and when it is released. It seems like they may get it, just not sure when. Husband and daughter interested in seeing from the beginning and in order....

MsMamaBaby1

[31]Jun 29, 2011
    I loved this show. Another reason to read books, nothing much left on television

AnaCunha

[32]Jul 1, 2011
    • level: 4

Can't believe the show was canceled, this show is brilliant!

kanniballl

[33]Jul 5, 2011
    • level: 18

nshinron wrote:

It makes me angry to see creative shows likes Chaos get canceled and shows like Camelot survives which is largely dependent on sex. In Camelot taking off cloths seems like drinking water from tap! So guys it seems vulgar sex overwhelms creativity. Hurray(****) TV channels of 21st centuryEmbarassed

Well, Camelot was cancelled.

Meanwhile Camelot is on a premium cable channel instead of a broadcast network. They have different rules, and they are typically more forgiving of a show. Premium Cable will let even a poor show run its course and will often give a middling show a second season / second chance.

kanniballl

[34]Jul 5, 2011
    • level: 18

BarryWeen3 wrote:

But at least they fixed the order for Firefly on the DVD set, so hopefully the same will happen for Chaos, assuming a DVD set is released.

Plus Chaos at least got the Pilot out there as its first episode.

Firefly... it was the last episode they aired. So unless you were "in the know" then a lot of what was going on was lost on you. Who are these people, why are they running, why is she so strange, etc.

I found that to be a bigger deal, than airing the episode of them delivering the cattle before the episode where they got the cattle.

Edited on 07/05/2011 10:41am

BarryWeen3

[35]Jul 27, 2011

kanniballl wrote:

BarryWeen3 wrote:

Plus Chaos at least got the Pilot out there as its first episode.

Firefly... it was the last episode they aired. So unless you were "in the know" then a lot of what was going on was lost on you. Who are these people, why are they running, why is she so strange, etc.

I found that to be a bigger deal, than airing the episode of them delivering the cattle before the episode where they got the cattle.

Yeah, Firefly's airing order was all kinds of messed up...

FOX didn't like the original 2-hour pilot that Whedon made, so he had to come up with The Train Job quickly and that aired as the "pilot". Then they aired that original true pilot later in the series and then when they knew they were going to cancel the show, they jumped straight to the "finale" and left three episodes unaired.

Plus the fact that FOX moved the show several times around their schedule. I will always hate FOX for the Firefly debacle.

Finally getting time to watch the remaining CHAOS episodes, this airing out of order is making certain subplots silly when not viewed in the order intended, but at least the main plot of each episode is enjoyable. I hope we get a DVD set with the correct order, heck, I hope we get a DVD set period.

Swinglabacase

[36]Aug 23, 2011
    • level: 7

I liked the show but I am not surprised. Those kind of "comedy over serious matter" shows never really worked for long, The most recent example being The Good Guys (FOX).