Chaos Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Episode Discussion: Pilot 1x01 (spoilers)

TesserT

[1]Apr 1, 2011
    • level: 78
    Let's discuss the Pilot (Apr 1) in this thread. Enjoy!

NOT IT!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

guytwo

[2]Apr 1, 2011
    • level: 7
    Hard to tell so far, not bad but not great. I'll probably watch again, especially since Friday, and Saturday, are such dead TV nights.

I wish some of the Sunday night dramas would move to Saturday or Friday.

repugnantone

[3]Apr 1, 2011
    • level: 4

i didn't catch it but the premise has me a little intrigued... is like Chuck at all? what with the CIA and the comedy factor?Let me know, cause i'll be keeping my eyes open for more info.

JDintheOC

[4]Apr 1, 2011
    • level: 4

Watched it for ten minutesthen switched the channel over to Abbott and Costello Meet Dr. Jekyll & Mr.Hyde.....far more entertaining!

AdaHui

[5]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 6

I enjoyed it. Will catch it again. Maybe a little too much cheese at parts but on the whole, it was enjoyable. Totally enjoying James Murray, that's for sure.

cross_mr

[6]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 9
    I wasn't disappointed. This seems like a show I'd regularly keep up on, so I hope they keep it going for awhile.

kopeckee

[7]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 20
    1st show was good... hope it keeps it up...

haldrey

[8]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 22
    I liked it. It is different and very entertaining but since it is not a police show it will encounter resistance.

Yaspaa

[9]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 79
    Not what I expected at all, the English guy with the crappy Scottish accent is terrible.

hephastion

[10]Apr 2, 2011

I did enjoy the pilot - quite a lot. Hope the rest keeps up to it. Felt a bit sorry for Ricky and the guys are (mostly) an eye-catcher. The show does not take itself too serious and thats a plus in my book.

Suncatcher1

[11]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 5

A bunch of us watched CHAOS last night and we LOVED it!!! We had no idea what a "dramedy" was - it's CHAOS!A witty and fast paced CIA procedural like none other. The good guys win! (And where have you seen THAT lately)?

Great cast. Great chemistry. Great writing. REFRESHINGLY DIFFERENT. We are looking forward to next Friday's episode! Give it a chance!!!

TheBam711

[12]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 9

I thought it was pretty good. I wonder if the reviewers watched more then the pilot episode to review the show because it seems that they only did watch the pilot.

Edited on 04/02/2011 9:55pm

BarryWeen3

[13]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 14

I loved it. Thought it was funny and different as others have stated. That opening scene with the "security glitch" was great. Do you want to see my fluids? You're not thinking of taking any domestic flights in the next couple of weeks, are you?

The whole trading favors to get things done. Rick getting to keep his job initially by being a mole for his boss, the ODS blackmailing Rick back, getting the money by promising a transfer, etc.

Like a couple of others have mentioned, the coupling of Rick with Fay doesn't seem real. And it may be more of the whole CIA nothing is ever what it seems mentality.

Looking forward to the rest of the season. As someone else stated, it's a quirky variation of a CIA procedural, certainly a different take than USA's Covert Affairs or CBS's previous portrayal of the CIA in 2001's The Agency, that was a good show, never could figure out why CBS cancelled it after two seasons.

Kinda of wondering too as another poster if the quirkiness of this show will help or hinder it. I remember Life on NBC, that had the quirky Detective Crews, loved that show, it too ended after two seasons.

lolamustang

[14]Apr 3, 2011

it was enjoyable

i'll tune in again - let's hope the bad ratings for the pilot don't stop the 2nd episode from airing

it was different than anything right now in this genre on TV - so i am looking forward to seeing it again

-- and as one poster above mentioned/asked - it is way better than Chuck could ever be ( and that is coming from seeing only the pilot )

Suncatcher1

[15]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 5

TV Guide shows 2 more episodes being aired on the next 2Friday's at 8PM.

TV.com and others have clips available... You can also watch the pilot in its entirety.

BigStevie1973

[16]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 10

Yaspaa wrote:
    Not what I expected at all, the English guy with the crappy Scottish accent is terrible.

I totally agree. The show looks as though it might have potential but James Murray's Scottish accent is atrocious and for someone from Manchester, this should not have been too much of a stretch. It's all over the place ranging from broad Glaswegian to a poor Sean Connery impersonation to a touch of Grounds Keeper Willie from The Simpsons. To be honest, if they keep this up, I reckon it could be enough to completely put me off watching the show.

Vesper-Lynd

[17]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 18
    BigStevie1973 wrote:

Yaspaa wrote:

I totally agree. The show looks as though it might have potential but James Murray's Scottish accent is atrocious and for someone from Manchester, this should not have been too much of a stretch. It's all over the place ranging from broad Glaswegian to a poor Sean Connery impersonation to a touch of Grounds Keeper Willie from The Simpsons. To be honest, if they keep this up, I reckon it could be enough to completely put me off watching the show.

I wonder if enough people are put up by it they'll phase it out a la Fiona on Burn Notice.

SuziHB

[18]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 7

Nothing like I expected and stopped watching 10 minutes into it. I didn't like it, not my 'cup of tea'. That's not to say a lot of people wont like it. No doubt it will appeal to many.

cowboy2831

[19]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 16

I thought it was pretty good. I'll watch it until CBS decides to cancel it.

Ralfberg

[20]Apr 4, 2011
    • level: 13

It was pretty good. Although I would like it to be a bit funnier in some parts, because it has potential to do it. The storyline for a pilot was ok, also cast seems to be great for a show like this, so yeah I will tune in again , and let's see how this show will turn out after some I dont know 4-5 episodes