TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Chaos Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Too bad it's canceled

sven77079

[1]Apr 19, 2011
    • level: 9

That didn't take long. After only three airings, CBS has pulledit from its schedule effective immediately.

It was nice to see James Murray on TV again.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

haldrey

[2]Apr 19, 2011
    • level: 22
    What! When did that happened? This show was a pretty damn decent one, entertaining and fun to watch. Nowadays is a pain to start watching new shows, they are not even given time for the dust to settle.

BarryWeen3

[3]Apr 19, 2011
    • level: 14

Well, technically, it's not cancelled-cancelled. They did say it would return in some nebulous future. It's cancelled in the sense that there's probably not going to be a second season, but hopefully, we'll still get the rest of the first season. It's too bad, it was funny, quirky, and interesting. No wonder it was cancelled.

cowboy2831

[4]Apr 20, 2011
    • level: 16

I thought the most recent episode was the best and now they pull the plug. Brilliant!

honorablechoice

[5]Apr 21, 2011
    • level: 3
    haldrey wrote:
    What! When did that happened? This show was a pretty damn decent one, entertaining and fun to watch. Nowadays is a pain to start watching new shows, they are not even given time for the dust to settle.

I completely agree.

lmats

[6]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 1
    I am so disappointed to find out that Chaos is canceled. CBS didn't give it a chance. This show had everything...drama, intrigue, comedy, good looking guys. The networks don't give shows enough time to develop and don't give audiences the chance to get to know the characters. CBS should be ashamed of themselves. This and Hawaii 5-0 are the only shows I watch on that network. Guess I won't be watching CBS much anymore. There's nothing other than Hawaii 5-0 to watch now. Bad decision CBS.

ndrose

[7]Apr 25, 2011
    • level: 7
    Of course it's canceled b/c I liked the show. I thought it was funny and well written. The actors were great. SO AGGRAVATING!

PulsatingQuasar

[8]Apr 29, 2011
    • level: 2

Finally a good new series and CBS cancel it. Just like the SyFy channel the company really should go bankrupt. Incomptence really seems to be all CBS can do these days.

lolamustang

[9]Apr 29, 2011
    • level: 6

first I hear it's on the bubble,

now they say it's canceled...and it was clear from the first episode, this is gonna be a fun and different trip

a TV viewer doesn't want to zap between channels. a TV viewer wants to watch.

don't you agree, the powers that be at TV ?

bibell

[10]May 5, 2011
    • level: 5
    I realy like this show hope it isnt canceled

heliotrope00

[11]May 6, 2011
    I wonder why shows don't succeed when they aren't promoted. Hmmm....

Tomdegrd

[12]May 8, 2011

Was CHAOS just a really mean April fools joke by CBS?

I found the show entertaining and very funny. Sometimes I really wonder what goes on in the head of TV execs.

kok_warlock

[13]May 11, 2011
    • level: 11
    Tomdegrd wrote:

Was CHAOS just a really mean April fools joke by CBS?

I found the show entertaining and very funny. Sometimes I really wonder what goes on in the head of TV execs.

I also found this show quite funny, quirky, although with it's share of cheesyness.

However before people go on the CBS hatewagon, this show was a ratings disaters for CBS even for Friday timeslot standarts, even Medium and The Defenders that was canned had way better ratings than this show, I don't think any network would keep a new show that had a very weak premiere and continously drop on ratings every week, this show will never have a second season, and they decided to not even air episodes already made, for those who enjoyed, all you can do is hope they release a dvd or online.

Writerpatrick

[14]Jun 4, 2011
    • level: 13

Unfortunately, when the network shows little faith in a show then viewers fear cancellation and show little interest in it as well. I think if this show had been treated better and given a little more time to develop it would have done better.

It's sort of bittersweet watching the remaining episodes knowing it has been cancelled. It's hard to really allow myself to enjoy the show since it doesn't have a future.

WiccaChick77

[15]Jun 7, 2011
    • level: 6
    Of course this show couldn't succeed! I mean there was little to no advertising for it and no one new what time it aired because the time on the one preview was incorrect. This was a good show that just needed time to develop. These TV people today are too quick to make judgement. I mean if they treated the old great M.A.S.H. like this show, it too would have been cancelled after only three episodes.

bkto

[16]Jun 11, 2011
    maybe so, but at least ho john would have been sent stateside to go to school!

the show is great, i thoroughly enjoy it. i very much wish they hadn't cancelled it.

CactusThorn

[17]Jun 11, 2011
    • level: 8
    Only the good die young!

RobinAllen2

[18]Jun 12, 2011
    • level: 1

Best canceled new show of 2011, like the A-team with government funding. Pity because i am thoroughly enjoying it.

Elric33239

[19]Jun 13, 2011

bkto wrote:
    maybe so, but at least ho john would have been sent stateside to go to school!
    That was only becausethat took placein the pilot as well as the original MASH novel by Richard Hooker! Remember the red-haired Father Mulcahy before he was recast?

:
    the show is great, i thoroughly enjoy it. i very much wish they hadn't cancelled it.
    I agree with the general concensus, but what can you expect from a network that cancelled "Lou Grant" and fired Ed Asner formaking politicallycontroversial statementsin real life?

bkto

[20]Jul 18, 2011

mash is one of my all time favourite television shows, of course i remember mulchahey before they recast him. Although to be honest, I am now remembering that being the movie, so unless they carried him over for one episode (red haired mulcahey) i am thinking of the movie, not the show. because i know burghoff was the only one to do both the show and the movie. anyways, i digress.. i watched episode thirteen not too long ago. I guess this show is over and done with, what a **** waste. i mean not only of all of our time, but my interest, too. the good guys really pissed me off, and so does this. before i can *really* start to enjoy it, I'm told i shouldn't bother because people are douche bags with power and control. i hate them all.